Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Blog Post by Fernehalwes (SAMURAI?!?!)

Theft82Theft82 Member Posts: 16

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

December 28, 2012

On behalf of the team, I'd like to wish everyone a happy New Year. May 2013 be filled with many blessings for you and yours!

But...this wouldn't be a proper post without a few in-production pics ninja'd from the dev team by Fernehalwes, so without further ado...

A nasty looking helm perfect for the coming year of the snake:
JP20130101_1.jpg

An adorable (!?) baby behemoth:
JP20130101_2.jpg

Pinurabi & Fernehalwes

<div addthis_default_style="" "="">

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Sadly thats not indicative of the Samurai job.  2013 is the year of the Snake in Japan, thus the Snake Kabuto.

2012 was year of the Dragon and they gave away the Drachen Kabuto 

2011 was the year of the Rabbit and we got the Usagi Kabuto 

• Theft82Theft82 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Sadly thats not indicative of the Samurai job.  2013 is the year of the Snake in Japan, thus the Snake Kabuto.

You have crushed my hopes and dreams.... 

• KingKaioKingKaio Member Posts: 48
    Good news Yoshi has mentioned samurai, ninja, and thief being implemented. Yoshi P wants this game to be a fan service to FF fans so a lot of classic jobs are sure to appear at some point.

The bad news is those classes/jobs most likely won't be available at release of ARR. 

I'd still like to see some concept art though. 

Originally posted by KingKaio
    Good news Yoshi has mentioned samurai, ninja, and thief being implemented. Yoshi P wants this game to be a fan service to FF fans so a lot of classic jobs are sure to appear at some point.

The bad news is those classes/jobs most likely won't be available at release of ARR. 

I'd still like to see some concept art though. 

Yeah,  it will keep me playing the game. Very pumped about it and I think I got most of my friends hooked as well!

Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by Theft82

I dont see why they wouldnt have Sam somewhere down the line. ATM lets worry about how smooth the game is.

Like butter.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

I dont see why they wouldnt have Sam somewhere down the line. ATM lets worry about how smooth the game is.

Like butter.

Yuppers, the alpha ran just as smooth and responsive as if it were already finished and launched.  However, they did have many features and graphical enhancements turned off.  Not particularly sure if that will effect performance too much but we'll see come beta.