Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game with A LOT of skills

I'm looking for a game to play that has alot of skills i can train in, so i'm not stuck in one part and can't learn anything else, I enjoy being able to learn anything. The only game that comes to mind that would give you an idea of a kind of skill system i like is Runescape (shudders).

I liked being able to learn any skill I wanted to or felt like leveling up, does anyone know a real MMORPG with this kind of skill system?

Comments

• LeiluLeilu Member Posts: 40

Check Irth online out

Open skill system no caps or restrictions!

no classes :)

• VipermmxVipermmx Member Posts: 96

Originally posted by Leilu

Check Irth online out
    Open skill system no caps or restrictions!
    no classes :)

Thats the only reason im even thinking about Irth im so tired of games wit lvls.....EQ2 my god after 24hours i was so bored. Irth i can pickup any skill and give it a shot i like that.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

I love EQ2 but I'm gonna get Irth online too, the devs rock and yeah the skill system is open. You can try your hand at any and every skill and see what combination you like.

It's too early I can't think of any others that have tons of skills you can do at any time.image

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by apocadall

I'm looking for a game to play that has alot of skills i can train in, so i'm not stuck in one part and can't learn anything else, I enjoy being able to learn anything. The only game that comes to mind that would give you an idea of a kind of skill system i like is Runescape (shudders).
    I liked being able to learn any skill I wanted to or felt like leveling up, does anyone know a real MMORPG with this kind of skill system?

Saga of Ryzom...sounds like the ticket.
  • FalconoffuryFalconoffury Member Posts: 555

Asheron's Call

You can really customize your character with skills and attributes.

• mandaymanday Member Posts: 291

RF Online maybe? Warriors can use staffs and magic weapons, ranged weapons, and of course close range weapons. Rangers can use magic and melee, mages can use melee and ranged. As you use weapons, your skills in them go up. You level up magic/weapon skills by using them. Its actually beneficial to keep all weapon/magic skills up, because they give bonuses to your stats.

But there doesn't seem to be much to do besides grind/PvP... And the PvP seems pretty 1 sided. But you might as well try it out for yourself, I think it's either open beta or soon to be open beta.

• geldgeld Member Posts: 129

www.darkfallonline.com

Most skills I've seen in any game.

*Signature*The Pessimist says the cup is half empty. The Optimist says the cup is half full. The Pragmatist says the cup is half full of air. The Engineer says the cup is operating at 50% capacity. The Psychologist says the cup is your mother. The Punk Kid also says the cup is your mother. The Cricket Player says his cup is definately full. Everyone knows that Pamela Andersons cups are full. The Defendant says it was like that when he found it. Me, I just ask the waitress for a refill.

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736
    I second Darkfall... its not out yet, but it will have hundreds of skills.
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    SWG is completely skill based and theres no restrictions on what skills you can mix and match.  There is a restriction on how many skills you can have however, all skill boxes use skill points and you have 250 total points to use.  You could be a Master Dancer and a Master Rifleman if you wanted :)

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

I think when the OP is talking about skills, he's talking about skills not involved with the combat system. Things like fishing, alchemy etc..

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Oh...well you can fish in SWG too image

• tigertunestigertunes Member Posts: 39
    Maybe SWG could be the game for you you can change professions when ever you like so as to try themm all with just a single character instead of making toons everywere
  • MaadiahMaadiah Member Posts: 67

In terms of number of skills, I'd vote for Anarchy Online. You have an insane amount of base skills you can invest in; yielding an even crazier number of combinations and permutations, independant of the profession you choose to persue. The game might not have the sexiest graphics atm, but makes up for this with the breadth and depth of character customization, community focus, and sheer size of playfields that can be explored.