Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RF Online is Back!

TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I was a player back when the game was initially released.  I played for a good 7-8 months and had a blast, even though the game was far from perfect.

Over the years, after it shut down in North America, I occasionally searched for the game, hoping it would rise back up.  Well, Rising Force Online has done just that over at Games Campus website.  Find it there, download it, and play it for free.

Not sure yet how it will be.  There are changes, the most obvious is the ftp model.  For any fans of the game, I thought I would post to let you guys know.

Right now, I sense that there aren't very many English speaking players around, but the game was just fired up and hopefully lots of players from everywhere will begin to populate the servers for some good ol' Chip Wars once again.

Comments

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Sadly I'm  not sure a whole lot of people care.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

All I remember from it is the following:

Turkmen!

Can I get some assistance with this quest?

BR!

Turkmen!!

BR!!

Turkmen!!!

BR! BR! BR!

Turkmen! Turkmen! Turkmen!

Anyone?

BR! BR! BR!

Hello?

BR! BR! BR!

Bueller?

BR! BR! BR!

Turkmen! Turkmen! Turkmen!Turkmen! Turkmen! Turkmen!

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • sadboysadboy Member Posts: 66
    Sadly I knew there would be problems with Codemasters at the helm November 9, 2008 was when they lost their licence to distribute the game
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    And looks like it's back again.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    Tiller said:
    And looks like it's back again.
    lol I know, I honestly feel bad for the people who love this game since it always disappears shortly after it reappears. Its actually not a bad game from what I played of it years ago. Felt like an online version of xenogears (which definitely deserves a pc port so get on that SE!).
  • ravennvmravennvm Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    sorry if my comment is out topic
    but i want to ask something
    i just joined this forum and why cant i create a post?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    ravennvm said:
    Forum>section of forum then should be a header that says "new discussion".

The site design and code is often very wonky,imo the worst designed site i have ever been on.Why is it so bad,worse than even sites from 1980's,idk i can only assume COST savings.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2019
    ravennvm said:
    Why would you join a forum and want to create a new thread right off?

As too often this is the behavior of spammers, the site requires new joiners to do several activites.

Create a few meaningful posts (not one liners) in existing threads, by directly referencing a member here, i.e @Kyleran and a few other things spam bots can't easy to replicate.

Making your first post in a necro thread, definitely spam bot behavior,  I should probably flag it.  ;)

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums, @Scot likes to say that....me, more fun to flag.

Cheers.

[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    ravennvm said:
    Welcome to the forums!

I used to say Welcome to the Boards! But the other week I got a wtf for that, so decided today to switch to Welcome to the Forums as people may have no idea what I am talking about. :)
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Why couldn't it be Vangaurd.....
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Wow, the early days of MMO's. I played this way back then for a while. it needed a lot of work but it was a good time waster for a bit. 
  • nedius004nedius004 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Hariken said:
    Wow, the early days of MMO's. I played this way back then for a while. it needed a lot of work but it was a good time waster for a bit. 
    RF Online is stil up usa,br,ph,indo ,eu   in the next few months there wil be new update for usa and eu server wil go from 2 to 1 server this months eu is making lvl 71-80 content update to.