Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AO new expansion pack? LOL!

hassan2002hassan2002 Member Posts: 84
Why in gods name are they making a expansion pack for this game? This game is freaking dead! Why wont they let it go! Seriously, it has two freaking crap servers and they both are empty most the freaking time, and FC is making a new MMO and now they want to give a new expansion pack for AO? I mean what the hell are they thinking? They do know that no one is going to buy it dont they? image

Comments

• grodwargrodwar Member Posts: 7

There is still a lot of player (for funcom, it's not wow after all) and I guess that a lot of AO players don't look at AOc because it's fantasy and AO is SCI FI...

• hassan2002hassan2002 Member Posts: 84
    I played AO for 3 years bro, I was there when it was at its best, even it its worse. But now, its just empty. I mean, I still have account and I play, I go to SL for heck teams, and theres no one there, maybe like 1 or 2 teams maybe ... 1 or 2 teams! For one of the most populated zones in the game, Adions. I mean, a lot of the people left are damn Froobs anyways. How are they anticipating a sale out of this? Just doesnt make sense....
  • gsonoxgsonox Member Posts: 121

Odd. I see lots of people playing, no matter when I log on. There's allways people in WA and OA. The shadowlands newbie area is populated all the time, as well as the jobe platform, or whatever it was.

Jobe is a bit empty though. Thats a shame.

But hey, I'm just a n00b in AO, don't know for sure. Just wanted to bring out my view of things.

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

They really should consider totally overhauling the game itself.Personally ive always felt it was the best when notum wars came out.When that came out players truly could shape the future of either side.

Funcom implemented PvP that had meaning.But the meaning quickly went away with the shadowlands expansion.

Now it may as well be EQ with the expansions it has.If they were to give the graphics a overhaul/boost it would help tremendously.Ive seen screenshots of EQ that look even better than AO.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

When I saw your question, one thing came into my mind only.

Have you ever really played the game?

Originally posted by hassan2002
    I played AO for 3 years bro, I was there when it was at its best, even it its worse. But now, its just empty. I mean, I still have account and I play, I go to SL for heck teams, and theres no one there, maybe like 1 or 2 teams

Yup, 1-3 teams usually under Port 7. But if you chack out the whole area, it's like 10 teams+soloers, and theres usually like 35 people on the Port 7.

maybe ... 1 or 2 teams! For one of the most populated zones in the game, Adions. I mean, a lot of the people left are damn Froobs anyways. How are they anticipating a sale out of this? Just doesnt make sense....

I havent seen any fr00bs in SL, in theory, it's impossible. Fr00b = Free time account n00b.

And I thank god theres not anymore players, It's not WoW, it's AO.

Double post

• BlkcatBlkcat Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by lotharr
    When I saw your question, one thing came into my mind only.
    Have you ever really played the game?

Kinda wondered that myself, specially seeing as how 16.0 was all about new textures being added to the game.

BTW-I know that name, from anyother site ran by a handle by the name of RC.
    Are you that same "Lotharr"?

• VandleVandle Member Posts: 2
    This is the first mmorpg game i played and i fell in love with it. Ya it did take me alittle bit of time, well about 3 months to figure out what i was doing. The new exp. pack should be kewl. A new twist to the game. But what do i know? I've only been playing this game for a bout 10 months now. image
  • RageMonsterRageMonster Member UncommonPosts: 120

I have always had a great experience playing in teams and there are always plenty of good folks to team with.  One thing I like is that there is always someone to team with who seems to know a lot about the game.  If you need help and have a question you can best bet you will get the answer and I have picked up a lot just watching the chat while playing.

If you think AO is dead then maybe you need to go play something else.  I have certainly not seen this big empty world you are describing.  IF you look at the stats site you can see that as of today there are 165K players on RK1 alone.  We are not talking toons we are talking players.  Hardly empty even if they are a mix of paying accounts and froobs.  There are plenty of people enjoying the game everyday and I hope it is around for a long time to come but to each his own.  image

• GervinGervin Member Posts: 159
    ya i really had fun with this game while i played it. very high learning curve though but it was worth it...

• MaadiahMaadiah Member Posts: 67

Been playing since Sep 2001.... and I definitely wouldn't call the game dead by any means. Ever been to OA? You should visit it sometimes.

And TBH, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that games like WoW will continue to redirect the 12 year-olds, like this thread-starter, away from AO... follow the candy, lil guy!