Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tired of the negative.

2»

Comments

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

I thought it would bring me back into FFXIV; a game rushed out the door with a severe lack of polish.

Unfortunately, it still uses auto-attack, so I won't be going back.  (Crafting was dumbed down as well, for those who say the game isn't all about combat.)

• MageickMageick Member UncommonPosts: 102
    housing
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

If people are not interested in the game for whateever reason they have, then why go to a thread and make comments?  obviously they are interested or else they wouldnt be here, that applies to every other game thread these trolls bash upon.

The game has plenty of positives.  Problem is some people cannot see beyond their own nose.

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by Starpower
    Originally posted by drivendawn

If you are tired of reading negative things about your game then stop going to forums and concentrate on having fun in said game instead. Problem solved

I would but its not even in beta yet wow talk about blindly saying things.

And that takes away from what I said how?

You should still stay off forums if negative things impact you so much regardless if the game is out or not. You have a choice and you made yours by coming here to defend it. That's fine then don't complain

Staying off forums isn't the answer that would be stupid since these forums are to "discuss" the game in which that person chooses to partake in.

The problem is people love to troll and post stuff on forums just to make another person irate and the best thing to do is ignore them.  Honestly, it's the internet people do this on "ALL" forums just look at ESPN forums at times on a topic and  you'll wonder wtf is wrong with humanity.  Only thing you can do is ignore it in the end and try not to bother with what people have to say negative if not you'll just make it worse.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by biggarfoot

If people are not interested in the game for whateever reason they have, then why go to a thread and make comments?  obviously they are interested or else they wouldnt be here, that applies to every other game thread these trolls bash upon.

The game has plenty of positives.  Problem is some people cannot see beyond their own nose.

Of course I am interested, for a couple of reasons. The biggest one for me is to see if they can pull off what amounts to an Nge and have it be effective. If they can, then perhaps more good ips and to an extent games, would not have to be lost. As I stated earlier in the thread, I currently do not see that happening. I have never been any kind of huge fan and skipped it before due entirely to the huge amounts of negative feedback. Atleast from the videos released already, combined with what some of the "trolls" are saying (they echo my opinion in many ways after seeing said videos) I would have to say they are very far from succeeding. They really do have to show something impressive going forward otherwise this will be nothing but wasted effort, which would be a huge negative for the industry going forward.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

If you are tired of reading negative things about your game then stop going to forums and concentrate on having fun in said game instead. Problem solved

You should still stay off forums if negative things impact you so much regardless if the game is out or not. You have a choice and you made yours by coming here to defend it. That's fine then don't complain

Its a forum I'll say what I want within the rules and the point of this thread is to be more positive about the game by saying what your looking foward to. If you dont have anything your looking forward to then why post here.

I'm just trying to understand why somebody would whine about something thats completely within their control but I've since come to realize you probably aren't capable of providing a reason for it. You are one of those people who complains about negativity but still partake in the back and fourth forum pvp. Seems kind of stupid and counter productive but hey it's your time.

Maybe you get off on it, but then why complain about it. Maybe that's your sthick

Its a forum I'll say what I want within the rules and the point of this thread is to be more positive about the game by saying what your looking foward to. If you dont have anything your looking forward to then why post here.

I'm just trying to understand why somebody would whine about something thats completely within their control but I've since come to realize you probably aren't capable of providing a reason for it. You are one of those people who complains about negativity but still partake in the back and fourth forum pvp. Seems kind of stupid and counter productive but hey it's your time.

Maybe you get off on it, but then why complain about it. Maybe that's your sthick

Says the guy that came in here to continue that forum PVP and is still at it. As I said this thread was made to be a positive thread that was OP's point.

I don't complain about it that's the difference and there is a point A and a point B. Read the title and the first line. When you post you don't get to choose what part of your post you are only interested in discussing. The Op brought it up

So I ask again, why complain about negativity and how you have to defend your favorite game, when you don't  have to see or do either. Entertainment? that's fine then why complain you don't like it. You must get something out of it OP otherwise you wouldn't do it. Give me a logical answer and I'll leave it alone.

Originally posted by darkrain21
    As the title says i havnt seen any thing postive people have been saying other than those of us trying to defend it. So ill ask what are you most looking foward to in ARR?

No this is the point of this thread, OP is asking this and only this.

Ok so he is just doing a little illogical whining before getting to that point. I get it. That's the answer I was looking for, thank you, carry on

• NominalNominal Member UncommonPosts: 12
    There is a metric ton of changes I'm looking forward to seeing, but the biggest is the PS3 launch. My old FFXI LS were primarily PS2 players, so most of my friends are console players and never made it into XIV. Having friends aside, my Legacy Chocobo! Exploring the improved maps, exploring improved crafting (though I thought it was fun by server shutdown anyhow...) the updated UI. I'm LOVING how quests are looking now, it feels much more JRPG, which is totally my thing. (NPC dialogue bubbles look awesome!) Jumping! Not having so many arbitrary barricades like small drops. Improved combat. New jobs! I was a WHM/SMN in FFXI, so really looking forward to Arcanist/Summoner. CARBUNCLE! I miss my radioactive squirrel. Oh yeah! And Materia. Sorry, there is a lot coming to be excited about. I'm utterly hopeful. From everything I've seen so far I have a lot of faith this will be the FFXIV I've been wanting.