Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would it take to get you to try/(return to) Alganon?

2»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by TalRasha

Originally posted by sevitoth

Originally posted by TalRasha

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

What would it take to get you to try/(return to) Alganon?

Cancellation of Diablo3, GuildWars2, Torchlight2 and the closing of the WoW servers and all other f2p (trial) games becomming p2p.

Not even then....

You just don't want to give it a chance. :p

No. Why should i? There are plenty of better reviewed games there with better companies running them.

• harutoashuraharutoashura Member Posts: 3

I tired Alganon briefly, since it's cool that it's from a local developer and I'd like to support that.  But I have to be honest, I was pretty unhappy with the experience as soon as I made my character.

IMO you need to hire some new artists and redo ALL of the character art and animation.  It's terrible, there's just no nice way of putting it.  I didn't want to play Alganon because I was unmotivated to play as a character that I found to be truly ugly.  I wouldn't try it again if you guys decide to keep it as-is.

Your avatar is in some way an extension of yourself, and no player wants themselves to be personalified by a character who is both incredibly generic and truly unattractive.  There's zero customization of your character aside from a few identicaly brutish, cromagnum face types. No body customization, skin tone, weight, height, hairstyle, nothing!  Besdies the options all being incredibly ugly, they are problematic because it's nearly impossible to visually disguinish between players and NPCs.  The model's anatomy is questionable in quite a few spots.

And for any fellow women venturing to try the game, you might as well play a man, because the female characters all look like men.

• bluezone5bluezone5 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Im still playing this game, I think it's the best MMO out there. Im in an active guild thats greatly increased my enjoyment within the game. I believe if people gave the game another try they would enjoy it as much as me and my fellow Guild mates. I've been playing since the game came out and Im still discovering new and wonderful things. The date is 12/31/12 and Im still playing Alganon and could never be happyier!
    Ha, not trolling bro, just my honest opinion on the game. :)
    Originally posted by bluezone5
    Ha, not trolling bro, just my honest opinion on the game. :)

Then you are one of the very few. How many are left now nightly in game? 5? 10?

Yeah, population is sad, it's in the 50-100 range. most players play with the human faction. The games great, just had a horrible rough start. when the expansion comes out all will either get better or worse. i hope better.
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

At first I thought this was about Allods Online. At some point I tried Allods.

Never tried  this one.

Maybe I'll give it a whirl at some point just because it is there.I would have to read up on it a little bit first.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

It's honestly a great game for the casual gamer. do tasks with your guild have made this game so pleasing. Probably the reason i really like this game to is the stories it offers. Im one of the few people that actually read the quest dialoge and follow the story!
    Originally posted by bluezone5
    Yeah, population is sad, it's in the 50-100 range. most players play with the human faction. The games great, just had a horrible rough start. when the expansion comes out all will either get better or worse. i hope better.

wow .. how can they still keep it going with such a low population. I wonder how much money it is losing every month.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    A server shutdown notice. I would like to be there on the last day.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Zoulz

I have tried it, but I see no point in playing it over wow.

At first glance it reminds me of WoW with DDO's (LOTRO's) payment model stuck on to it.

That being said, those two have shown it's perfectly alright to limit the level cap for freeloaders. Not every MMO has to follow the same exact F2P model. And it's actually one of the things players will shell out money for, instead of playing the game for free until they're bored and head to the next F2P MMO on the list.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    I just came back to this game after beta-testing it years ago and I am an habitual eq2 player, and this game is on par as far as fun and graffix go, it was deserving a 2nd chance, I am haveing fun, though I would like to find a guild, my name is Haggly in game, shoot me a mail in game for guild invite please, I couldnt log in and I got help withing 24 hours and the problem was resolved so there is no complaints in that department, please give this game another chance, you may not regret it, this is coming from an old veteran mmo player, peace, cya ingame.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

For obscene amounts of money I just might return. Briefly.

There are so many better blatant WoW-clones out there, and most of them actually have content and a few ideas of their own. And are way closer to being F2P.

Rift, Allods Online, Runes of Magic, 4Story....

Btw are the talent tree backgrounds still identical to the WoW vanilla ones ?

This discussion has been closed.