Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wanna buy this game but got some questions please..

Fubar-Fubar- Member Posts: 4

Hey i tried the trial version i got 2 lvl 6 warrior it seems fun so far..i was wondering is there alot of gear like weapons and armor? hows the selling/buying system like an auction house in FFonline?

the graphics and gameplay so far are 10/10,image...so if u guys can give me some info it would be really appreciated thank youimage ohh and one last thing in the trial version u can only carry like 5-6 items then u have ur little bags that carry 4... later on can u carry more cause it gets to be a hasle bringin ur items back often and putting them in ur stash..?

Comments

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

there is an insane amount of weapons/armor in the game. a LOT.

the broker system works somewhat similarly to the one in FFXI (i played FFXI i know). Basically you put an item up in your house vault and it goes on the broker for people to buy. There's no charge for putting anything up, but there is a broker fee (20% normally) when you buy an item form a broker. unlike FFXI, you can see a) who's selling the item and b) what price it is. you dont just put in a price and if someone has it up for that/less than that you get it. you actually BUY the item for the price they put it up + broker fee (like tax). you can filter through the items numerous ways and its extremely easy to use. basically all you have to do is look at the window and it's really self-explanitory.

as for bags, i have:

1x 30 slot bag
    2x 28 slot box
    1x 24 slot bag
    2x 24 slot box

thats 158 slots total.

then, in my bank i have 12x 24 slot box for a total of 288 slots in my bank.

all together my char has 446 inventory slots. =)

hope that helps! ::::28::

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• NiberNiber Member Posts: 203

Heard the PROs from Nihilanth.

Here's the CONs;

Armor is nearly identical looking no matter what your level -- most of the armor graphics are reused over and over.  Crafted armor from 40-50 look the same as the armor from 50-60.

Stats on weapons, jewelry, and armor are very cut-and-paste.  10 9 9 will ring a bell to high level players.

But like Nihilanth said, bags will not be a problem, between quested bags (EE Bag, LCP) and a couple crafted either bags or boxes you'll nearly never fillup.

[ Edit: Nihilanth; I heard Lilfella and Krohm left LoL :( ]

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

ya theres deffinitelty something to be desired when it comes to actual graphics for weapons/armor (one of my biggest gripes) i will say that, but there sure are a lot lol.

theres 3 types of weapons in the game:

-items that you can tell had thought put into them (ie some fables/prismatics)
    -items weapons that have some amount of thought put into them (ie some named drops/most fableds that dont fit into catagory 1)
    -items you can just tell were put into the game for the sake of making an item (i kid you not i have seen a belt in the game with NO, and i mean NNO stats on it at ALL)

Originally posted by Niber

[ Edit: Nihilanth; I heard Lilfella and Krohm left LoL :( ]

ya they did last night =(

they didnt leave the game, but the left the guild due to disagreements with others in leadership positions. i was in tells with Krohm for a while earlier today and theres no hard feelings, just didnt want to stick around until there would be.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306

* Crafted armor from 40-50 look the same as the armor from 50-60.

---------------------------

This was true up to LU 14. After LU 15 the crafted 40 is looking diffrent from crafted 50. The diffrence is distinct and the crafted 40 and 50 is now pretty uniqe. So while your statement where true some time ago, its no longer true.

• Fubar-Fubar- Member Posts: 4
    Thank u very much that helped a bunch, im gonna go buy the game this weekend thanks!!!
  • NiberNiber Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by xminator

* Crafted armor from 40-50 look the same as the armor from 50-60.
    ---------------------------
    This was true up to LU 14. After LU 15 the crafted 40 is looking diffrent from crafted 50. The diffrence is distinct and the crafted 40 and 50 is now pretty uniqe. So while your statement where true some time ago, its no longer true.

Uhm, T5 and T6 leather (rare) are identical.  Thread if you have EQ2.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=items&message.id=49912

Cobat and Ebon differnce barely noticable post revamp.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=a7&message.id=4135

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306

So you found one armor that looks the same (and fix is coming if you do care enough to actually read the ton of dev feedback), and ignore that there is a very distinct diffrence between the Chain and Plate in T5/T6. Sure, judge by the screenshots taken in a dark corner of someones inn room. Fact is that while a lot complain their eyes out, there is also a lot that like the cobalt vang look. And I can promise one thing, if/when they change that you'll see at least as many complain.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    I think the cobalt vanguard armor looks phenomenal, but I do agree there needs to be some more diversity in armor looks, especially for leather. It's coming and I'm glad.image