Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new character question

Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089
Been a long time since I've played and thinking of resubbing and starting a new character (old character is only a couple million skill points and i'd just mail my new guy all her stuff, and been so long I'd essentially be relearning the game).  I like Amarr because of the look of the ships and I like lasers (no buying ammo all the time), but unless it changed, I don't like the look of male Amarr, and I want to make a male avatar.  So my question is...if I make, say a Caldari, can I fly to Amarr space and do all the tutorial missions there, or do I have to do the Caldari tutorial?

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Your character race has basically zero gameplay implications. It's purely aesthetic.

PS why not create a trial account and see if you can make a male amarr you like, then you can use that as a model for your old character. 2M SP isn't massive, but it's still a months headstart on your skill plan, especially as you'll have got any SP you put into learning skills reimbursed & will be able to spend them on what you want straight away.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• EleazarosEleazaros Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Malcanis

Your character race has basically zero gameplay implications. It's purely aesthetic.

PS why not create a trial account and see if you can make a male amarr you like, then you can use that as a model for your old character. 2M SP isn't massive, but it's still a months headstart on your skill plan, especially as you'll have got any SP you put into learning skills reimbursed & will be able to spend them on what you want straight away.

What Malcanis posted.

If you go back to when the racial choices made a difference... Massive things have changed in the game since then.

I'd go with his reply - create a trial account and see just how radical many of the changes are.  Hell, even the rookie ships are different these days than what you may recall.

Just try it out.

PS: the only distinction between what I'd advise and what Malcanis posted...  "2M SP ... still a months headstart..." - nope. 

Odds are that such SP was not invested in a focused fashion but broad spectrum based upon a few years back.  You *MIGHT* have some learning skill points you could reinvest but the bulk won't make much difference and to "get the stuff from..." means you'd need to reactivate that old account to get the stuff. 

As such, try it on a trail, relearn a bit about the game.  The New Player Experience is a lot better.  The tutorials through Sisters of EVE Arc - again, lots to try out and learn.  I'd say either let that account go defunct or reactivate it fully if/when you decide to stay.  Alt accounts are extremely common in EVE and even a messy old account might be worth it to ressurect as an alt.