Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does this game appeal to...

WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Weekend warriors,

I work about 10-13 hours per day, so the only real time that I have to sit down and dedicated a substatial ammount time is on the weekends.

This worked fine with games like DAoc, WoW, GW2,  because they had the double exp and stuff plus it was really easy to just jump in and out of stuff, As long as you were really productive with your gear grinds and pvp you could keep up.

But this game sounds like it has a large learning curve that takes awhile to get into. Also sandboxes sound like you need to sink a alot of time into them in order to get things done.

So basicly my question is, Will weekend warriors enjoy this game, or will i Just get frustrated and probably quit.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Comments

• Arc_XArc_X Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I would say that a weekend warrior could definately manage this game on the condition that you can at least devote 40 minutes or so to it on the inbetween days. Reason being is you need to keep you skills que'd up and they complete fairly quickly. Also you will want to try and at least knock out one TP (team practice) a day if you can to stay not left in the dust. A 25 TP (the best one) usually takes about 15 minutes to do. So maybe 10 minutes to manage some skill que's, 10 minutes to get into a TP and then 15 minutes to knock it out. Then just be ready to go and get some stuff done on the weekends so you have enough EXP to fuel your week of training. Also of note is if you are in need of being able to hop into the game and get right to busy, then I'd advise you get in with a guild as soon as you can. There are plenty of successful and friendly ones out there. Hope this helps some.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    You have something to do for a LONG time. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by WellzyC

Weekend warriors,

I work about 10-13 hours per day, so the only real time that I have to sit down and dedicated a substatial ammount time is on the weekends.

This worked fine with games like DAoc, WoW, GW2,  because they had the double exp and stuff plus it was really easy to just jump in and out of stuff, As long as you were really productive with your gear grinds and pvp you could keep up.

But this game sounds like it has a large learning curve that takes awhile to get into. Also sandboxes sound like you need to sink a alot of time into them in order to get things done.

So basicly my question is, Will weekend warriors enjoy this game, or will i Just get frustrated and probably quit.

Sandboxes are actually more forgiving for "weekend warriors" in my opinion. Yes if you want to lead a dominant guild you basically need a trust fund and treat it as a 70 hour a week job, but with a sandbox there is a role to play for less advanced players as part of the community. For example, in a WoW like game if your friends are level 80 and you are level 40, you are separated from them in the game. In EvE you would have various useful roles to be part of a group after a month even if all the others you know were 5 year vets.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by ObiClownobi
    Originally posted by WellzyC

Weekend warriors,

Sandboxes are actually more forgiving for "weekend warriors" in my opinion. Yes if you want to lead a dominant guild you basically need a trust fund and treat it as a 70 hour a week job, but with a sandbox there is a role to play for less advanced players as part of the community. For example, in a WoW like game if your friends are level 80 and you are level 40, you are separated from them in the game. In EvE you would have various useful roles to be part of a group after a month even if all the others you know were 5 year vets.

distinct difference right here.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"