Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Man, downloading this is a pain in the ass.

GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

I've tried to download the CBT two different times now thinking the first time messed up, but my download always stops at 3.2/7.2gb.

I've never had this problem with a download before. Kinda strange. Anyone else have this problem?

Guess I'll have to look into downloading all the separate files instead of the one big file this time around.

Comments

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Aviggin

I've tried to download the CBT two different times now thinking the first time messed up, but my download always stops at 3.2/7.2gb.

I've never had this problem with a download before. Kinda strange. Anyone else have this problem?

Guess I'll have to look into downloading all the separate files instead of the one big file this time around.

No. Downloaded the game last night with zero issues.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    I downloaded this last night, took about 2 hrs. I watched a movie came back to check and it was done. Not sure, perhaps your internet had issues last night? I know sometimes mine will go on and off or go slow from time to time and disrupt any stream or dl.
  • argoriusargorius Member Posts: 17
    Good luck downloading it...I managed to get the download but it has all broken files...which you need to download over and over...even if you get it - your problems might not be over!
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by argorius
    Good luck downloading it...I managed to get the download but it has all broken files...which you need to download over and over...even if you get it - your problems might not be over!

Files arent broken ;)

You need to unzip them into the same folder then run the set up. It works fine. image

Good luck.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    I too had problems getting it downloaded correctly, and then when I launched the game the first time, it asked me for my gmail password. It would NOT allow me to log into the game, unless I first gave them my gmail password. You read that correctly. Of course I uninstalled it immediately. It's a shame really, it looks like a good game, but there is no fucking way I am giving a chinese game company my email account password.
    Originally posted by Onomas

Files arent broken ;)

You need to unzip them into the same folder then run the set up. It works fine. image

Good luck.

Depends on who you ask...if you ask me...who downloaded the 7gig downloader twice and the separate files over and over and still has corrputed filed when checking with their gibberish file checker...yes...I put the separate files in the same directory and ran the setup - it just keeps saying that the cab files are too borken to continue and to check it with the tool they provide - upon checking it turns out that the files are corrput and I need to redownload them...I probably downloaded each file 3-4 times by now...cab5 is the last one to give problems...

On the other hand, if you ask some lucky bastard who got it to work on their first try - he probably would tell you that it is fine...

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I didnt have to dl in singles. I just hit the downlaod button :(
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Yeah I did that too - twice...it wont even unzip them without an error message.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Yeah I did that too - twice...it wont even unzip them without an error message.

That sucks man. I had a similar problem with Tera during it's open betas. It just wouldn't work. Good Luck. 

Can you get through to customer service?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    yes it was a pain in the ass, and after I finally got it, miner had a virus had to clean my machine which takes friggin forever to scan since I have 6tb of data.

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Onomas
    I downloaded this last night, took about 2 hrs. I watched a movie came back to check and it was done. Not sure, perhaps your internet had issues last night? I know sometimes mine will go on and off or go slow from time to time and disrupt any stream or dl.

I did it on two separate days, and both days it stopped at 3.2 gigs downloaded.

At least I'm not the only one having issues... not sure if I'll bother even trying to download again. If I'm bored enough and the name catches my eye on here, I might try again sometime, though.

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I would try downloading the game in the 6 pieces found at the /download page.  Each one is 1.8 GB. 
    Well, I eventually managed to download this - it took a long time. I downloaded the large file twice and it wouldnt unzip - just gives me an error...I downloaded the individual pieces and on the first go around 3 of the 6 were corrupt - I downloaded the missing three cab files about 3-5 times before I actually got one of each that wasnt corrupt. Then I installed the game on my son's computer by downloading the large 7 gig file. It downloaded without problems - it unzipped and installed without problems on the first try.