Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard SOH. will not launch at all

yes i baught the game Vanguard saga of heroes,  sometime ago and have never been able to play the game , I thought that my old computer was not good enough ??   but thats not the case obviously now !  with my new on it more than enough , So i have installed both cds. and it went through the updates  etc..

when the update finished  it just does not do anything , not even an error message  i followed the prompts and turned of my avast antivirous , though i did get a message that widows firewall was trying to stop instalation but i thought i just closed the window and it went on instaling the game .. i tried everything that i know and it wont install....... please help ??

Comments

• Sytek_88Sytek_88 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    you can just download it from the website
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    have you tried to run it as admin, just saying that might be the problem. 
  • sambo029sambo029 Member Posts: 5

Yes i tried to run as admin,  but it  doesn't change anything , It fully installed and did the updates and everything  .

i havent tried downloading it from the net , but i will give that a go .. !!   everytime i try to launch it , well it goes through an update 

that goes for about 3 secs , and it stops < nothing , i even tried right clickuing , programs and file location and tried to lauch it from the application , it does the same thing 3 sec update and then nothing , i tried using  both -cds, ( 1n and 2 ) and it didnt work   i wonder if the cds are damaged ?? 

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

It may be updateing and may just not be showing the updateing. Let it run for awhile if not call sony tech support.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

yes i thought that too, but initialy when i installed it . well it went through the motion and took a long time to update .

so  yes  i have a short cut for the game on my desk top , so every time i try to lauch it  now it takes only 3 secs and then nothing ..   I thought like you ? that it might be loading  behind the scene ??  well i waited for a long time and nothing..

thanks though ...  when it did the update initially i could see  the progress screen  for  the update there is no misstake about that , but i will try again even now  cheers ...

what i just tried , was this i opened win task manager clicked on processes , then launched Vanguard it shows that it is laching then it says that vanguard  exe is lauching  and disapears . it does a simmilar thing when i click task manager then applications  it says scaning for updates twice it does that then it says lauching and it dissapears from the task manager alltogether ?? 

does anyone know where i can down load the game  ,, Vanguard   SOH , as u all know i have the cds allready and it doesbt work , so i need to install it online  without having to purchase it again  !    though to be honest i should just  pay for it again and save all the head ackes   how much would it be anyhow ??  ha ha its just the not knowing why that gets me  .. I dont even thinks its $ 20. am i right ?? hmmm  lol  thanks to everyone that tried to help me , u guys are great  even through all my speling mistakes and all . amd there were lots of them     !!!!!!      ha ha    cheers

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

go here

http://www.vanguardthegame.com/

click play for free follow the promts, if this does not work check task manager and make sure there are not pieces of the other install stil floating around .  Vangaurd is known for its memory leaks and leaving itself running even when it is not suposed to. 

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
             Vanguard is still the only game today that I cannot run on my PC......The game has always been a technical piece of crap but it works for most people luckily.....
  • Kozmo14Kozmo14 Member UncommonPosts: 53

Im having the same issue. I still have my disks from 07, decided to give the game another go. Everything went smooth until I launched it from desktop. I ran it as admin and nothing. The station box pops, loads graphics, etc then it just disappears and nothing happens.

Games. Music. Metal. ROLL TIDE!!!

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Yeah for this one you have to have the correct launcher and some others will not work lol.
  • EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    You could try running it and downloading it from steam.
  • ElectricWizardElectricWizard Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by sambo029

yes i baught the game Vanguard saga of heroes,  sometime ago and have never been able to play the game , I thought that my old computer was not good enough ??   but thats not the case obviously now !  with my new on it more than enough , So i have installed both cds. and it went through the updates  etc..

when the update finished  it just does not do anything , not even an error message  i followed the prompts and turned of my avast antivirous , though i did get a message that widows firewall was trying to stop instalation but i thought i just closed the window and it went on instaling the game .. i tried everything that i know and it wont install....... please help ??

consider this an act of the gaming gods saving you from the shitstorm experience of Vanguard SUCK. move along and be happy. trust me.

ok dont... download it and experience the Suck for yourself.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Vanguard is an amazing game! Do not let people dissuade you! If you want a challenging and oldschool feeling game with huge maps and cram packed challenging mobs. Get er done. If you bought vanguard just go into your account and when you see the games you own on it there should be a download link there. Don't use your discs from 07.

Hope you guys get it all working! I don't even play the game and I only did for a month. I can tell you one thing though. Make friends! Game can be super challenging if you challenge yourself in it!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

You all need the new launcher. Just download he f2p version and you are set.

http://www.vanguardthegame.com/