Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC Version

JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
How is the population for the PC server(s)? Is there a chance of the PC servers getting shutdown anytime soon? I looked on the forums for the PC version and did not see much so I'm not really too sure.
Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV

Comments

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    bumpp

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    anyone please?

• mrfadedglorymrfadedglory Member Posts: 10
    The PVP server is nice and populated, but i'm going to create a char ont he PVE server just to see.  
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    from what i can make out, the game tanked very badly initially, but, when it went F2P it did get a certain amount of interest, that was a while ago now however, so if you have a ps3 then you might be better off getting that version, as i believe the console version of the game has some kind of population still, otherwise your probably going to be playing it solo a lot. image
  • Plague_BringerPlague_Bringer Member Posts: 1

I play PC PVE and can tell you the population is very healthy with players all over the place, I'm sure there's more in the other phases as well. It's also worth noting that you can switch between PVE and PVP servers at will. The only part of the game that has any population issues is the villain side, there aren't many villains so no reason to roll one unless you have friends there or want to PVP a lot (villains are better at PVP from what I've seen in legends and arenas) however in open world stuff you will be vastly outnumbered by the heroes. The only time you will find yourself soloing is when leveling to cap but then after that you need to group.

I'd go with PC since this game scales very well with older systems. I have a 6 year old PC and I run it on high settings at high resolution. From what I've heard the PS3 version doesn't run as well hardware wise, even an old PC has better hardware than a console.

I doubt the PC version of the game would be shut down there is a ton of hate for SOE (some of it rightfully deserved) however they tend to not shut down their online games (SWG being the exception because of SWOTOR), they are not NCsoft ( remember CoH) and the PC version while smaller is showing signs of growth and you have to remember the PC has hundreds of MMOs available (WoW, GW2, etc.) the PS3 doesn't have that.

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

Don't judge by the forums. Most things are the same across platforms so I'm as likely to comment on the PS3 ones as the PC, if at all.

The population is fine and quite stable. Most stuff you can get a PUG for anywhere from instant to a brief wait just by using the launcher. On average you do wait longer for some DLC-restricted content of course, but it's not particularly bad.

Heck, if anything it's a little too crowded at times, with a login queue for free players, throngs to wade through in the headquarters, and stereotypical chat morons shouting in Metropolis. But I wouldn't let that bother you.

By the way, the PvP and PvE servers are connected. By which I mean they both feed the same queues for content and you can swap back and forth at will. I'd say they feel about evenly populated, though for cooperative in-zone content like Bounties (name heroes and villains in the open city) you'll find it easier to group up on PvP for obvious reasons.

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Initially there was a problem because they had a lot of different servers. When the populations dropped after release, individual servers felt vacant. Now that they are all combined into one mega server setup,  the populations are much better.
  • AC1074AC1074 Member Posts: 274
    Population is great. Always been High on the log in. I was waiting in a que to get in as of this morning and Iam playing F2P (no membership). Give it a try its F2P! nothing to lose.