Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone bought the Lifetime sub pack since it went B2P?

Basically what the title says. I just grabbed the game last week after I read up on the B2P model and noticed that the pop is higher now then I think I even saw in beta and the trial. Wondering if any have decided after playing in the B2P format that they feel they enjoy it now enough for Lifetime sub pack?

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    i think it would be worth it.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

A member of my family did. They went lifetime because they loved to do the instance raids with their guild  a couple of nights a week, really enjoy the game content additions, and the associated stipend keeps them in new cash shop goods.  They knew they are going to be a consistent long term player of the game and had the money to buy in without worry. They siad they felt good supporting their current favorite game too.  It also allowed them to go forward playing other games as they wanted over time without worrying over having to aquire anything else from Funcom again as the monthly stipend covers it. Game really is B2P for them now.

I am on the other end of the spectrum and will not buy lifetime. I like the game but I am casual off and on about playing it as the mood strikes me. Say once every week or two. I likely won't do a lot of raids, gots no guild, and mainly play for the story, exploring cool environments,  the occasional ARG and PVP match.  The combat can wear on me. :)  I am just not so dedicated as they are.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Yeah I am not sure if it is worth it. I don't plan on making it my main game or even being on it daily. But I guess the flip side is how much will the monthly DLC be with out a membership/lifetime. Also if they keep up with that DLC monthly how much content will actually be in it.
  • ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116

I also know someone that did.

Its a good moneysave if you will play the game for a long time.

If you are a player that usually leave a game after 6 months, dont bother.

If you however have a history of playing all your previous games for 2+ years its a no brainer - get it at once.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    At this point i won't, i'd rather wait to see what kind of content they push forward from this point in time on. That being said i went LTA for LotRO after it went F2P, so im not inherently adverse to the idea.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

1200 fcp's, free gift........ Does it provide xp, ap, or sp bonuses? Basicaly you get 10$ per month and a free gift so in few months you would have your money back. But problem for me is i dont waste money on cosmetics so the fcp's are worthless to me unless i buy a dlc, which i can just do with a cc.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Onomas

1200 fcp's, free gift........ Does it provide xp, ap, or sp bonuses? Basicaly you get 10$ per month and a free gift so in few months you would have your money back. But problem for me is i dont waste money on cosmetics so the fcp's are worthless to me unless i buy a dlc, which i can just do with a cc.

Yes there is a XP boost included. Also they guerantee subscribers that the DLC won't cost more than their 1200 stipend, a guerantee you won't have if you pay the DLCs each with CC.

Apart from that ... yeah their B2P model is pretty free, hard to justify a subscription unless they churn out DLC mighty quick.

• ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116

Each month has a DLC, this has been since release.

Each month they will release a mission and content patch.

So while we dont know the price of each DLC, we do know that its benefical for a lifetime subscriber over time. The question is just, how long time :)

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    got the lifetime. Loving it

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

I still am not on it much maybe jump in once or twice a week for a cpl hrs. But I will agree with a few others and take the wait and see approach for what kind of DLC and content updates they do monthly.

I am playing EQ2 daily with an active sub there and enjoying it. It is just nice to take a break sometimes and see a change.

Originally posted by bestever
    Can you even buy that? I tried before it went b2p and couldn't buy it

Yes you can still get the lifetime sub on your account page