Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rediculous requirements of Password resets

pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256

I recently had an issue, where when i tried to log in (with  my password saved) i had a log in error. So i go to use my password. it is incorrect. its the only password i've used for GW2, but I go to  where i've had it written  down, and I use the password there. it is incorrect again. I go to reset my password, but my serial key is at my college several hundred miles away, since i left the box there. I contact customer support, thinking that it'll  be an easy reset. I was wrong.

first im asked to provide usual stuff, like my character name, my in game  username, and some other information. I give it to them. then they ask me for all the same information again, plus the day i bought the game within 3 days. i guess i got it wrong, because next they ask me to provide a copy of the reciept where I bought the game  from gamestop. I don't have that either, considering i stuck it in the game box. is there anything anybody else knows to do? I love the game, but, this is rediculous security for resetting a password. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

Comments

• BebbohBebboh Member Posts: 29
    Pretty standard requirements to be honest. You wil have to wait until your back in college.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    This is something i like with Blizzard. You just provide them with a scanned ID and they fix it.

This have been a good conversation

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

These type of posts confuse me. Either folks are complaining about the lack of security, or in this case, too much. 

I understand the frustration OP, but it's better than your account being compromised, and then going through even more of a hassle.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by tawess
    This is something i like with Blizzard. You just provide them with a scanned ID and they fix it.

my experience w Blizzard was different

Blizzard asked for me supply both my Game key *and* a scanned Photo ID

- which is worse than asking for only the game key

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by tawess

my experience w Blizzard was different

Blizzard asked for me supply both my Game key *and* a scanned Photo ID

- which is worse than asking for only the game key

Humm.. Might be different in different regions.. i have not had to do that in the last 4+ years when contacting support. I know you had to before and i agree that is really insane. But it was explained to me that the game was getting so old that it was a good chance people did not have their original codes and manuals left so they now just have you send in a ID scan.

This have been a good conversation