Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

your #1 ps3 JRPG

SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
So I'm looking to get a jrpg and I need some reqs. What is your number one for the ps3 jrpg. Thx for your help.

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    For PS3?  None.  Last good JRPG, the single player type, was FFX on the PS2.  Hasn't been a good one since, for me.
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    JRPGS have let me down this console generation. I have oodles of games for my ps2, but for my ps3? i own the uncharteds, and the final fantasy's. both the latter sucked.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    It's not for the ps3 but i can promise you, your (view on) life will change if you play persona 4. It's for the ps2.
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

I used to be a JRPG player like you, but then I took a spikey haired, buckle covered, angsty, sexually frustrated, androgynous teenager to the knee.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Valkyria Chronicles hands down for me. This game is probably one of my favorite for PS3 aside from Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

• RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

Valkyria Chronicles hands down for me. This game is probably one of my favorite for PS3 aside from Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

I second this recommendation but this title is more strategy focused, however still an excellent game.

The only thing I can recommend other than this one is 'Persona 3' which is a PS2 title but you can buy it for the PS3 in the PSN store and play it on PS3, it's a great title.

UPDATE:

Forgot to mention I have been waiting for SONY to release 'Persona 4' on the PSN store for PS3 which is another PS2 title. All PS3 gets is 'Persona 4 Arena' which is not the same type of game....ARGHHHHH.

• JigkiroJigkiro Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I personally enjoyed Tales of Vesperia. It was quite fun. Went through with, I want to say at least 2-3 playthroughs. Ontop of that, I'd try out Tales of Graces, too. The Tales series is pretty interesting with story/combat imo. Take a peek at some of the gameplay/trailers of the games. :o If you like JRPGs, you shouldn't be disappointed.

[PS4: Jigkiro] | [Steam: Jigkiro]

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543
    Originally posted by ezpz77

I used to be a JRPG player like you, but then I took a spikey haired, buckle covered, angsty, sexually frustrated, androgynous teenager to the knee.

^^hahaha^^

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Tales of Vesperia. But I didnt play many
  • KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Tales of Graces f is pretty enjoyable. Also, for all those that mention Tales of Vesperia... it's exclusive to Xbox 360 (unless you speak Japanese). If you want to try something very odd and different, go for NieR. I'm currently waiting for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch which is released early next year. There's a demo out on the PSN store. Also, Tales of Xillia is looking good, but that's not out until like march next year or something.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Snakex
    So I'm looking to get a jrpg and I need some reqs. What is your number one for the ps3 jrpg. Thx for your help.

Im playing right now Tales of Graces f on my ps3. I love the Tales series but my favorite Tales was Tales of Phantasia on the Super Nintendo (snes). Still Tales of Graces f is very good JRPG and i recommend any Tales game. If you havent played it, check it out. 

im waiting for Konami to release new Suikoden games :( damn you konami *shakes fist*

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417
    Sell the ps3 and buy an xbox 360 and play Magna Carta 2. The best Jrpg ever made in my opinion. Plus then you could play Tales of vesperia.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by Kaerigan
    Tales of Graces f is pretty enjoyable. Also, for all those that mention Tales of Vesperia... it's exclusive to Xbox 360 (unless you speak Japanese). If you want to try something very odd and different, go for NieR. I'm currently waiting for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch which is released early next year. There's a demo out on the PSN store. Also, Tales of Xillia is looking good, but that's not out until like march next year or something.

Afaik ToV was ported to PS3 with some additional content. But yeah, Ive played it on xbox360

Best JRPG Ive played is Lost Odyssey (dream sequences are amazing, worth to get through just for reading them). But it is xbox360 exclusive

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by travamars
    Sell the ps3 and buy an xbox 360 and play Magna Carta 2. The best Jrpg ever made in my opinion. Plus then you could play Tales of vesperia.

Magna Carta 2 was the first game i tried from 360  before buying one. Its pretty good, but i kept my ps3 because i dont have to sacrifice games i like on one console just to get the other one :) 

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    White knight Chronicles 1 and 2 are pretty good... but i couldn't stay ingrosed into the series... i played 1 right through but when 2 came out it didnt drag me back into the world... still pretty good and the charcater customerisation was alright 2

• MikotoMisakaMikotoMisaka Member UncommonPosts: 34
    My favs so far are both of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games, Star Ocean, Tales of Graces f, and Ar Tonelico Qoga. Also Ni No Kuni is comin out soon and it will more than likely be amazing
  • KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Originally posted by Kaerigan

Afaik ToV was ported to PS3 with some additional content. But yeah, Ive played it on xbox360

Best JRPG Ive played is Lost Odyssey (dream sequences are amazing, worth to get through just for reading them). But it is xbox360 exclusive

Yes, it was ported and got additional content, but the PS3 version is only available in Japanese which I sadly do not speak :(

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    I just played 13-2 over the week at my cousins and i liked it. There were actually 3( THREE!!!) towns! Didnt have an overworld though but i really enjoyed the battle system. It was a good mix of legaia and grandia and role juggling.

Still missing the overworld and the not so freaky looking monsters though o.O

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• KingKaioKingKaio Member Posts: 48
    I'm still in love with Valkyria Cronicles. I wish we could get another one on console.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by RealPvPisFPS
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

I second this recommendation but this title is more strategy focused, however still an excellent game.

The only thing I can recommend other than this one is 'Persona 3' which is a PS2 title but you can buy it for the PS3 in the PSN store and play it on PS3, it's a great title.

UPDATE:

Forgot to mention I have been waiting for SONY to release 'Persona 4' on the PSN store for PS3 which is another PS2 title. All PS3 gets is 'Persona 4 Arena' which is not the same type of game....ARGHHHHH.

I just started playing Persona 4 Golden on the Vita and this is my first entry into the franchise. I have to say damn what the hell have I been missing these years!? I almost clocked in 40 hours already and it hasn't even been a week yet.....It helped I had some time off, but I haven't gamed till the sun came up for a few years now. I don't even play my MMO's that hardcore lol.

Anyways if Persona 4 comes to the PS3, I have to say buy it! BUY IT!! or find a PS2 copy and BUY IT! Any jrpg fan should play it...I wish I didn't have work tomorrow morning....sigh

On another note I'm going to pick up P4 Arena after I beat P4 Golden. Ark System works fighting games are my fav in the genre (guilty gear/BlazBlu) and I doubt I'll be dissapointed. Sorry for the off topic bit at the end :)

• pmw4friendpmw4friend Member Posts: 63
    I really dislike almost every single jrpgs games for the ps3, go back to ps2 that's where all the jrpgs
  • DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by pmw4friend
    I really dislike almost every single jrpgs games for the ps3, go back to ps2 that's where all the jrpgs

Actually PS1 had all the classics..

Suikoden 1 & 2

Breath of Fire 3 & 4

Wild Arms 1 & 2

Chrono Cross

Xenogears

Star Ocean : Second Story

Saga Frontier 1 & 2

Valkyrie Profile

Vagrant Story

Legend of Dragoon

Legend of Mana

Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and Tactics

Though it's better than the PS3, the PS2 doesn't even come close to matching the PS1.  

• vocal1vocal1 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Deathspank
    Originally posted by pmw4friend

Actually PS1 had all the classics..

Suikoden 1 & 2

Breath of Fire 3 & 4

Wild Arms 1 & 2

Chrono Cross

Xenogears

Star Ocean : Second Story

Saga Frontier 1 & 2

Valkyrie Profile

Vagrant Story

Legend of Dragoon

Legend of Mana

Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and Tactics

Though it's better than the PS3, the PS2 doesn't even come close to matching the PS1.  

Yup. The PS1 or the SNES were probably the golden age of JRPGs. My favorite in there are Xenogears, FF7 and FF9. Guardian Crusade is also a pretty good game.

Anyway, I guess you can choose the new JRPG of Kuni No Ni. It's really nice and I love the animation. Contender of GOTY. And you can try the Tales of Vesperia.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Tales of Xilia is coming out soon and Ni No Kuni is supposedly grand.  

Right now Im getting my JRPG fix on the 3DS.  Currently addicting over Shin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers and Etrian Odyssey 4. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**