Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online now trying to get greenlit.

Comments

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by Toferio
    Originally posted by Gwahlur

It's amazing, after all this time you guys are still going full force.

You're still hung up on business mistakes made by a totally new, small and inexperienced company. I'd like to see you start a business, and then somehow take the plunge directly into the very deep end suddenly having to deal with tens of thousands of customers, if not hundreds of thousands, and then come back here and report on how you did it all without making a single mistake.

To be honest, I don't think you would even make it as far as the thousands of customers part.

My advice to you is, grow some perspective.

Or you could be like other indie developers, open and honest instead of sweeping thing after thing under the rug, lying about features and plans.

Or they could be like other developers, and not discuss ideas and what they would like to do and instead keep everything secret till it's 100% certain to be patched in you mean? Yeah, I can see how they would benefit from that, but tbh I like their approach.

And: or you could actually stop for a second, try to imagine yourself in the same situation they was in at launch (legal issues to take care of, server infrastructure to set up, billing/accounts to set up, tens of thousands of whiny spoiled gamerbitches to deal with, etc. etc.) and try to THINK about how many steps along the way you could have threaded wrong as an inexperienced company.. And yeah, as I said: grow some perspective.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Toferio

It's amazing, after all this time you guys are still going full force.

You're still hung up on business mistakes made by a totally new, small and inexperienced company. I'd like to see you start a business, and then somehow take the plunge directly into the very deep end suddenly having to deal with tens of thousands of customers, if not hundreds of thousands, and then come back here and report on how you did it all without making a single mistake.

To be honest, I don't think you would even make it as far as the thousands of customers part.

My advice to you is, grow some perspective.

Or you could be like other indie developers, open and honest instead of sweeping thing after thing under the rug, lying about features and plans.

Or they could be like other developers, and not discuss ideas and what they would like to do and instead keep everything secret till it's 100% certain to be patched in you mean? Yeah, I can see how they would benefit from that, but tbh I like their approach.

And: or you could actually stop for a second, try to imagine yourself in the same situation they was in at launch (legal issues to take care of, server infrastructure to set up, billing/accounts to set up, tens of thousands of whiny spoiled gamerbitches to deal with, etc. etc.) and try to THINK about how many steps along the way you could have threaded wrong as an inexperienced company.. And yeah, as I said: grow some perspective.

Can you present here one single suggestion from the "feedback and suggestions" topic that is currently in game? Appart from the "donation" blackmail and the retarded "f2p" model thats currently ingame.

If you cannot, simply gtfo. Most of us here are gamers. We are paying our money to get something in exchange. That is mostly fun and in any case it aint frustration or constant broken promisses and persistant lies. SV never delivered anything to its customers for their money value, starting from the fraud with the boxed versions and keeping the same tactick as we speak with the donation to reach the "monthly goal". And in between countless bumps, minor and major offences while they are totaly unrespectfull towards their very own customers.

Now if you wanna bring someone to SV's devs shoes, it simply aint gonna happen cause as i told you again we are all gamers and not developers nor we are exchanging opinions thinking as businessmen rather as customers. Unfortunatelly i cant say the same for you and your obsession to tell other people what they should or shouldnt do. Reading your posts i have a strong impression, that you are involved with SV and thats why i will simply suggest you to fix your bloody game. No one is responsible for your failures but your own innability to code, your unprofessionalism and in general the fact that you took an idea as a bait , advertised it, got thousands and thousands of fishes for supporting you and you actually didnt invest anything in your very own idea.

Guess what? its almost 2013. The suckers are long gonne. You want support? work for it for a change and build up some trust by changing your damaging habits. Keep on driving on the same road and blaiming "haters" or "gamerbitches" will not save you from your doom.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by argirop

Can you present here one single suggestion from the "feedback and suggestions" topic that is currently in game? Appart from the "donation" blackmail and the retarded "f2p" model thats currently ingame.

If you cannot, simply gtfo. Most of us here are gamers. We are paying our money to get something in exchange. That is mostly fun and in any case it aint frustration or constant broken promisses and persistant lies. SV never delivered anything to its customers for their money value, starting from the fraud with the boxed versions and keeping the same tactick as we speak with the donation to reach the "monthly goal". And in between countless bumps, minor and major offences while they are totaly unrespectfull towards their very own customers.

Now if you wanna bring someone to SV's devs shoes, it simply aint gonna happen cause as i told you again we are all gamers and not developers nor we are exchanging opinions thinking as businessmen rather as customers. Unfortunatelly i cant say the same for you and your obsession to tell other people what they should or shouldnt do. Reading your posts i have a strong impression, that you are involved with SV and thats why i will simply suggest you to fix your bloody game. No one is responsible for your failures but your own innability to code, your unprofessionalism and in general the fact that you took an idea as a bait , advertised it, got thousands and thousands of fishes for supporting you and you actually didnt invest anything in your very own idea.

Guess what? its almost 2013. The suckers are long gonne. You want support? work for it for a change and build up some trust by changing your damaging habits. Keep on driving on the same road and blaiming "haters" or "gamerbitches" will not save you from your doom.

Well few things here.   Some of my feedback from 3 years ago has finally been implemented (ghost scouting yay!).  Can't say they didn't do anything, right?  Lol.

Most of the people currently leaving feedback now are the most inept dregs of the Mortal community - the people who always had bad ideas from the beginning, and still do.  Or people so new to the game they don't have a clue.  SV shouldn't listen to any of the people currently playing the game.  And diphrael should be permanently ejected from the community for the shit f2p idea.  Some rules to live by:  Anyone with an Aegis Imperium tag should never, ever have their idea implemented - every single one was/is bad.

I won't say I got my moneys worth playing Mortal, but did not mind supporting them when the game was populated with subscription players.  A poor investment, but fun was had.

That guy does sound like he works for SV.

Also, Mortal will never, ever be greenlit.

• HeretixHeretix Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    I just said gamers need to be harder on games in general. Games have gone to shit and we as consumers are too forgiving overall. As far as MO goes, no, it isn't free. They charge you for the client and it is still a sub based game. I've spent more on MO then other AAA titles. It does have an extended trial though. But no, it isn't free 2 play. If that is the case, then wow is f2p as well.

I also care little for the size of the company excuse. My larger issues with SV have always been from a customer service and professionalism standpoint and I've seen many indie developers do a better job in these regards.

You don't buy need to buy the MO cllient anymore, so yes you can jump in game without pulling out a credit card.  Get your facts straight bro.

• IXBEARIXBEAR Member Posts: 27
    This is mmorpg.com Fact dont matter here.
  • ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Heretix
    I just said gamers need to be harder on games in general. Games have gone to shit and we as consumers are too forgiving overall. As far as MO goes, no, it isn't free. They charge you for the client and it is still a sub based game. I've spent more on MO then other AAA titles. It does have an extended trial though. But no, it isn't free 2 play. If that is the case, then wow is f2p as well.

I also care little for the size of the company excuse. My larger issues with SV have always been from a customer service and professionalism standpoint and I've seen many indie developers do a better job in these regards.

You don't buy need to buy the MO cllient anymore, so yes you can jump in game without pulling out a credit card.  Get your facts straight bro.

That's not what he meant... but with your whopping one post I can imagine the army from the MO forums is incoming.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162

Fact are straight, it is an extended trial, same as most monthly games that let you play limited without buying the client.  Get your reading comprehension straight bro.  Funny to see ol bear and heretix from the hacking guild IX come around.  That guild's shady antics are part of the reason most of us consider the game a joke.

Fact are straight, it is an extended trial, same as most monthly games that let you play limited without buying the client.  Get your reading comprehension straight bro.  Funny to see ol bear and heretix from the hacking guild IX come around.  That guild's shady antics are part of the reason most of us consider the game a joke.

Facts aren't straight: you no longer buy the client whether you are free or subbed.  Please do tell which players from IX are hackers though, I do enjoy the occasional fairy-tale.

Its funny how clueless you are. Throwing claims and accusations left and right but you can never come up whit proper proof.

Originally posted by IXBEAR

Its funny how clueless you are. Throwing claims and accusations left and right but you can never come up whit proper proof.

Does one really need proof when everyone already knows what happened?  It isn't some secret, heck, I even know a couple of your buds who have been banned for a number of things such as duping, stam hacking.  Either you ignore it or you are daft lol.  

Originally posted by IXBEAR

Does one really need proof when everyone already knows what happened?  It isn't some secret, heck, I even know a couple of your buds who have been banned for a number of things such as duping, stam hacking.  Either you ignore it or you are daft lol.  

Considering you are one of the primary slanderers of MO on these forums I think for the sake of credibility you do need to provide some proof of your statements.  You claimed that people were required to buy a client to play the game, and after I corrected you, you again tried to make the same claim without taking 5 seconds to look and see if your knowledge was faulty.  When one member of the guild preceding IX, which was the Mortal portion of AQ, found an in-game dupe that person abused it for about 4 hours.  The dupe was detected and the server was hotfixed within 5 hours of its discovery, while accounts were temporarily banned pending an investigation.  After investigation that player's accounts were perma-banned and any accounts trading that account during that period were perma-banned as well.  The detection and enforcement was much quicker than I expected, and the handling of the situation was surprisingly professional.  This player made a mistake and many people suffered the consequences of it.  This involved no hacking or third party programs, and noone in IX has ever been banned for any type of hacking, altering files, 3rd party programs, etc.  Now what I would like to know is who are you, and what position are/were you in to make such claims against IX members or the guild as a whole.  Your mortal avatar/guild will suffice.

This^
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

"Paratus  [author] 8 hours ago 

@York No negative comments would ever be deleted, only those slandering staff unjustly or violating Steam's posting rules."

He is so full of it. When I mentioned the irony in them deleting old thread on censorship and making new one but locked, that comment vanished within minutes. It was hardly slander or violation of rules, just facts.

Exactly toferio, I think this is why the mortal diehards don't do we'll here. There is no one deleting posts willy nilly.

Heretix: "we never cheated!"
    "Well...we did cheat this one time, but it was hotfixed". Smh
  • NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242
    To be fair Gwahlur, we wouldn't take the plunge suddenly into the deep end as a small and inexperienced team having to deal with thousands of customers because it's obviously a bad idea that can only end badly.
    Exactly toferio, I think this is why the mortal diehards don't do we'll here. There is no one deleting posts willy nilly.

Heretix: "we never cheated!"
    "Well...we did cheat this one time, but it was hotfixed". Smh

Nice fucking logic's there buddy. 1 guy before IX was even made cheated and got banned and now by Defaulth evryone in IX alhought IX wasnt even around when that happend are cheater's? I used too be in a call of duty gaming community it had over a 100 ppl 1 used an aimbot am i an aimbotter now? damn dude you need too get a grip on reality. Go see a doctor or something.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Who cares?

If they get the game greenlit more power to them.  

Not that i would ever touch this game again, even if it was free.  hell i dont think id even bother with the game if it was free and fixed.  Cant stand the restrictive skill system and i HATE rolling alts.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Not that i would ever touch this game again, even if it was free.  hell i dont think id even bother with the game if it was free and fixed.  Cant stand the restrictive skill system and i HATE rolling alts.

"restricted skill system"? Guess you can't mean the impossibility to max out every singel skill. This would kill any diversity and all chars would be same in the end. So what do you actually mean here, have an example perhaps to enlighten a new player to MO?

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Who cares?

I wouldnt touch this game again if they paid me all my money back from the 6 months of subscriptions, the initial box cost of the game, bought me 2 Penay women to be my cocubines, and gave me a golden goose that laid golden eggs with platinium cores.   

So much crap, so little quality.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Hodo

Who cares?

I wouldnt touch this game again if they paid me all my money back from the 6 months of subscriptions, the initial box cost of the game, bought me 2 Penay women to be my cocubines, and gave me a golden goose that laid golden eggs with platinium cores.   

6 months?

Wow you must have really hated that game to stay subbed for 6 months..

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by Hodo

Who cares?

6 months?

Wow you must have really hated that game to stay subbed for 6 months..

LOL, I wanted to quit after the first 90days but I missed the next bill cycle and it hit me again, so I stuck around till the end of it.   In that time I was permabanned from the forums "persona-nongrata" was the ban reason, I loved it they called me an unwanted person for pointing out the trueth that Star Vault dropped the ball on the games development, and the post that got me banned was a long post describing every bug, glitch and exploit in the game at that time that had been there since launch and how to repeat them.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Hodo, this is what virtually *every* company will do if you publish possible bug exploits in an open forum. And there is a good reason for that.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Vote now folks, whether you think the game is bollocks or if you like it.  Best to get the truth heard.  Heads up!  They are deleting any negative comments on the greenlight page.

Even with the heavy handed pro-MO moderating on the Greenlight forum it'll never make it.  DFUW made it in 2 days without AV doing anything, SV has had people monitoring and deleting negative feedback on Greenlight for almost 3 weeks. 

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    I hope this game gets Greenlit just for the entertainment factor. It would be priceless.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Vote now folks, whether you think the game is bollocks or if you like it.  Best to get the truth heard.  Heads up!  They are deleting any negative comments on the greenlight page.

Even with the heavy handed pro-MO moderating on the Greenlight forum it'll never make it.  DFUW made it in 2 days without AV doing anything, SV has had people monitoring and deleting negative feedback on Greenlight for almost 3 weeks. 

It's funny.  I caught one of them posting 3 times under the same name this morning but slightly changing their response as though coming from 3 different people agreeing with each other.  He obviously forgot to relog to his "alt" friends.   My post calling them out was deleted (though it didn't break a single one of Paratus's posted rules), and two of those posts were erased.  No viral marketing campaign... lol

And people wonder why 1st time posters with glowing reviews are suspect...

(and yes for the record, so are first time posters with negatives... have the balls to put your name to it and not hide behind fake accounts)

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018