Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

antivirus

tanabrikatanabrika Member Posts: 6

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I couldn't see anywhere more appropriate so...

I have been using PC tools but that seems to conflict with a lot of games, can anyone recommend a decent antivirus please?

PS I dont like the one that starts and finishes with N either image

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Microsoft Security Essentials is generally good enough as long as you aren't pirating stuff

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    I use AVG antivirus. never had an issue with it interfering with any games. I use the paid version but the free version works very well also. Let me add to this that I used the AVG Free antivirus for years without any issue. The paid verion I am running now also has not had any issues with any mmo or fps games that I have played. Frankly I think its the best free antivirus program out there.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

just in case:

if you're using Win8 then MSE, according to MS, is not compatible. however, Win8 already includes Windows Defender which MS claims is just as good when running on Win8.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    lol Win Defender IS MSE.  It uses the same virus scanner.
  • tanabrikatanabrika Member Posts: 6
    Thanks all for the replies
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    If you don't need it constantly running I tend to use clamwin. Free and open source. Works wonders.
  • KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454
    Another vote for MSE. Lightweight, and non-intrusive. Honestly I could get by without an antivirus, but this is just a nice extra layer of protection that doesnt slow down my system one bit.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    MSE is what I use too.
  • BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163
    Panda Cloud is the best solution.