Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a cooler attack than Death From Above?

Watching another player do it or seeing it a video doesn't really convey what it feels like to execute it.  I've never played a MMO or any game for that matter where your character levitated like that to launch an attack.

What's funny is in PVP when that targetting reticle shows up on the ground, people MOVE.  Nobody wants to be caught in the blast of that thing.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

DFA is one of the best animated abilities I've seen in the mmorpg world. From the thrusters on the feet to the wrist recoil from each shot. 

Swtor has it's problems, combat animations is not one of them.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222
    When I was a kid, I had one of those Boba Fett action figures that shot a missile out of his back.

Death From Above is just as awesome.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• I agree SWTOR has some of the best animations (and sound effects) of any MMO out there, but I really wasn't that big of a fan of Death From Above. My favourites from the Bounty Hunter were actually the rapid fire attack with dual pistols (don't recall the name) and Tracer Missile.

Juggernaut's saber throw, jump and the armour debuff swing were also favourites.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by Axxar

I agree SWTOR has some of the best animations (and sound effects) of any MMO out there, but I really wasn't that big of a fan of Death From Above. My favourites from the Bounty Hunter were actually the rapid fire attack with dual pistols (don't recall the name) and Tracer Missile.

Juggernaut's saber throw and jump were also favourites.

I hated 'Tracer Missles'. God, that's all BH did in Warzones, TM TM TM TM TM TM x 100.

I'd say 'Storm' by Troopers are pretty awesome. Doing a leaping punch on a target after running is always good, and no, Jedi leap with lightsaber shenaningans don't count.

Real soldiers uses their fists! :P

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Camaro68

Watching another player do it or seeing it a video doesn't really convey what it feels like to execute it.  I've never played a MMO or any game for that matter where your character levitated like that to launch an attack.

What's funny is in PVP when that targetting reticle shows up on the ground, people MOVE.  Nobody wants to be caught in the blast of that thing.

I do like it too on my merc I rolled up for the F2P. It is a cooler move than the commando equivalent, Orbital Strike. The jetpack ability is pretty cool too.

I can see though that trying to use those abilities in PvP would be irritating.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    I really liked death from above on my bounty hunter. The orbital bombardment is pretty nice on my agent now as well. I also like debilitate as well (especially on enemy players). SWToR definitely has some cool combat animations.  
  • Camaro68Camaro68 Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Originally posted by Axxar

I agree SWTOR has some of the best animations (and sound effects) of any MMO out there, but I really wasn't that big of a fan of Death From Above. My favourites from the Bounty Hunter were actually the rapid fire attack with dual pistols (don't recall the name) and Tracer Missile.

Juggernaut's saber throw and jump were also favourites.

I hated 'Tracer Missles'. God, that's all BH did in Warzones, TM TM TM TM TM TM x 100.

I'd say 'Storm' by Troopers are pretty awesome. Doing a leaping punch on a target after running is always good, and no, Jedi leap with lightsaber shenaningans don't count.

Real soldiers uses their fists! :P

I used Tracer Missile for a long time until I realized that in PVP its better to go with Incendiary Missile.

It's instant cast and you can follow up with a nice Rail Shot.  In a hot firefight I like to tab through and put a IM on all the enemy players...when they're LoSing you and with the general pandemonium of PVP I find it's better to go with instant attacks.

I have a Logitech G13 pad and I put Unload on the joystick so when I have a clear shot it's like flipping the hat on the minigun controls of a gunship. :)

(Yes I do use videogames to live vicariously through action movie cliches!)