Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Learn to pvp

Guys you can't  switch so fast from mmorpg to mmofps. Most of the guys will never learn to fight in shooter . To come from wow, gw or rift and to except that you could kill people like you did in classic rpg's is wrong. That is the reason why most of the guys are disappointed, angry and frustrated. I saw few days ago my friend killing group of 4 noobs alone, cmon guys they don't even know how to strafe!!!  You need  year or two if you come from slow paced games. Did you saw Counter Strike champions? Well ,nobody is over 30.

Comments

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

Pvp in WarZ is lame as hell. It usually comes down to somone just getting the jump on you or killing you while you are unarmed. Oh and the Counterstrike crap is because they are most likley in college(failing) or high school washouts with time on their hands. I mean come on man, this isn't friggin Narnia. Age doesn't matter, it's all about experience.

Let me guess your friend was fighting four guys armed with the flashlights, lol.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Two things.

1. I'm glad you admit that this is a PVP game and NOT a zombie MMO as advertised.

2. As far as PVP games go, this one is weak at best.  I recommend you go try some CoD, BF3 or even PS2 if you want some real PVP

Thanks

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• dajjal1983dajjal1983 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by Talonsin

Two things.

1. I'm glad you admit that this is a PVP game and NOT a zombie MMO as advertised.

2. As far as PVP games go, this one is weak at best.  I recommend you go try some CoD, BF3 or even PS2 if you want some real PVP

Thanks

1. it is a MMO with open world pvp ( i dont kill my clan members or RL friends )

2. this is some of the funnest pvp i have had since shadowbane, people like you kill open world pvp in MMO's

all you people want are BG's and duels.

• NilarkoNilarko Member Posts: 8

There is no way you can call this an MMO.

That first M stands for Massively.

70 people is not Massive.

This is just another Multiplayer PvP deathmatch game.

As far as Pvp goes War Z fails hard. It all comes down to getting the drop on somone since they die so easy. This game would be an awesome pve survival game though. I love creeping around in the city trying to avoid the zombie herds. I also like how the zombies respond to loud noises just like in The Walking Dead. You fire a gun around some zombies, they will all come running to eat you.

Pvp is bleh. If you want mmo open world style pvp play DF, UO, DAOC. If you want fps pvp go play COD, BF3 etc.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    No I like fps mechanics in mmos.

I'm currently playing planetside 2

The reasons I won't play the war z are
    1 I don't consider 50 players per server a mmo, its laughable compared to ps2s 6000 player limit
    2 its developed by a bunch of crooks to cash in on day z and world war z
    3 it has the most hideous scamming version of a cash shop I've ever hears of
    4 the devs are liars as well as crooks
    5 the devs employ people to post shite on gaming forums, like this thread for an example

It's got nothing to do with "learn to pvp", its got everything to do with "learn to not get scammed by a bunch of crooks"
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    How exactly do you expect people to Learn 2 play, when once you get jumped by more experienced players and/or hackers, you cant play for 4 hours? 
    You can't play that character for one hour. Where did you get four hours from? We need to make a rule, in order to comment on a game you need to have played said game. WarZ has its flaws but if you are a zombie fan you will like the pve aspect of the game. People say zombies might as well be erased but you have to venture into town to gather food and water. They need to make co-op server and roaming zombie packs. I think this game has incredible pontential. I really try to stay clear of item mall type games though. Just fyi you can't buy ranged weapons from the item mall, just ammo.

• xBarachielxxBarachielx Member Posts: 15
    Is Sergei paying you in credits OP?
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Ok... Just so everybody knows. This is what will happen if you use the cash shop

1: You buy stuff

2: You equip it

3: You log in

4: Some guy with a aimbot and ESP finds you and kill you

5; All your stuff is gone.

6: Rinse and repeat.

Or if you are unlucky.

excange step 4 for the following 4: A glitched zombie kill you

Keep way clear of the chash shop untli the game sees some more development unless you like to gamble.

This have been a good conversation

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by zomard100
    Guys you can't  switch so fast from mmorpg to mmofps. Most of the guys will never learn to fight in shooter . To come from wow, gw or rift and to except that you could kill people like you did in classic rpg's is wrong. That is the reason why most of the guys are disappointed, angry and frustrated. I saw few days ago my friend killing group of 4 noobs alone, cmon guys they don't even know how to strafe!!!  You need  year or two if you come from slow paced games. Did you saw Counter Strike champions? Well ,nobody is over 30.

WarZ is an mmofps with 50 player limited servers?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by zomard100
     LoL What in the hell is this.. Hahaha

Gamers are gamers bro, they undertsand mechanics of games pretty well I think. The more dedicated MMO player should have no issue in playing something like War Z if they come from a standard MMORPG like WOW or something (I'm figuring this is what you were trying to say).

Shit.. War Z is not any larger than most FPS's out there.. I can't really call it MMOFPS, because 50 and 100 man servers have been around for more than a little while..

Planetside is an MMOFPS, combining thousands of players together at once. You don't get 100 or even 200 people in one match and call it MMOFPS. It would just be above your standard MMO's on PC that already offer up 100+ players.

I'm 29 myself and think I still have plenty of MMO'ing in me still before I really start to slow up. I don't neccesarily play all the "twitch" games out there.. Like LoL or even Counter-strike currently, but that's by choice not because I don't think I could play them effectively.

Saying you can't come from a MMORPG to an MMOFPS so quickly is really confusing, they are different types of games the only thing linking them together is the number of players in at one time. Players understand the mechanics vary greatly between the two genres..

Your post is kind of empty and doesn't really say anything to me about why War Z is as bad as it appears. I'm not playing the game, its Toxic to me.. Won't be playing this game at all bro..

and it's not because I don't understand the difference between a MMORPG and a MMOFPS..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.