Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for mmorpg subscription game

Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378
I'm looking for MMORPG game with subscription or free game with item malls that doesnt give u boost in battle.  I'm fan of Asheron's Call, Final Fantasy series.  Any games out there is new or good population and that is FUN, fast paced game that has balance of PvE and PvP?

Kain_Dale

Comments

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Kain_Dale
    I'm looking for MMORPG game with subscription or free game with item malls that doesnt give u boost in battle.  I'm fan of Asheron's Call, Final Fantasy series.  Any games out there is new or good population and that is FUN, fast paced game that has balance of PvE and PvP?

WoW fits this the bests.  Has the best PvP of the games that try and balance.

If you can live withouut PvP try EQ2

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

It's hard to understand what you meant...

Almost all MMOs today have cash-shop that sells something. Some (mostly F2P ones) have stuff that unlock options you cannot have otherwise, and some MMOs just have stuff to help you level faster etc...

Basically i didn't really get what you meant but can recommend a few.

Forge - if you like only PVP and it's even not that expensive.

P2P is GW2 and TSW - you just pay once and in case of TSW you might want to sub or pay for other stuff but you don't have to.

Rift/WOW are the sub ones - depends which one you played before - both games are very good as a whole - even though most players have a problem with how the end game is with those games (some like WoW more and some like RIFT's and some neither).

As most (almost all) of the games i mentioned (and many others) have a "free" option (kind of "try before you buy") i recommend start from them and go from there....

Just my 2 cents...

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by Shaike

Almost all MMOs today have cash-shop that sells something. Some (mostly F2P ones) have stuff that unlock options you cannot have otherwise, and some MMOs just have stuff to help you level faster etc...

P2P is GW2 and TSW - you just pay once and in case of TSW you might want to sub or pay for other stuff but you don't have to.

Rift/WOW are the sub ones - depends which one you played before - both games are very good as a whole - even though most players have a problem with how the end game is with those games (some like WoW more and some like RIFT's and some neither).

As most (almost all) of the games i mentioned (and many others) have a "free" option (kind of "try before you buy") i recommend start from them and go from there....

I'm just looking for competetive game in fairness.  Those kind of games that you can buy items that boost your stats with your wallet is impossible to compete or very expensive which I don't like/want.  So thats why I am interested in those kind of games that I mentioned.

Kain_Dale

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

Try out Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

Fast paced gaming, full loot PvP, city conquering..

Currently in Paid beta, anyone can get in if they buy the game.

I would reccomend waiting for launch if you want the best experience, but if you do not mind Debug mode/servers coming up and down frequently, give the game a shot now!

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

I'm just looking for competetive game in fairness.  Those kind of games that you can buy items that boost your stats with your wallet is impossible to compete or very expensive which I don't like/want.  So thats why I am interested in those kind of games that I mentioned.

Any game that has a sub option will fit this.  LOTRO is the one exception, with a small cash shop component that can be overcome with lots of gold or lucky drops (stat tomes), but its not really a big deal and is capped pretty low.

Also GW2 fits.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Shaike

OK so as said before WoW and Rift are the ones for you and both have a "free" option untill lvl20.

I recommend - install and try both and then decide - maybe you will like both, maybe only one of them will be your cup of tea and maybe none....

Also tak all the games mentioned here and look at gameplay videos on youtube (especially if you are new to the genre) - so you will know what you are getting yourself into.

There are a few other "older" games out there with freemium/sub options but i am not so sure i would recommend them - i tried most of them i think (DDO, LOTRO, EQ, EQ II, UO, MO and a few others i cannot rememeber) and the older graphics ruined it for me in any of these games. Also i am more of a ranged dps (mostly magic) gamer so Rift and WoW were more my cup of tea.

ALso there is SWTOR - but i wouldn't recommend it - even if you do decide to pay for it game isn't worth it ....

Just my 2 cents...

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by mmorpgmaner

I would reccomend waiting for launch if you want the best experience, but if you do not mind Debug mode/servers coming up and down frequently, give the game a shot now!

I thought about darkfall but full loot pvp and skill decaying overtime prevents me.

Kain_Dale

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Originally posted by mmorpgmaner

I thought about darkfall but full loot pvp and skill decaying overtime prevents me.

There is no skill decay. in DF:UW. Youre gonna have to look long into the future if you want another competetive game except DF:UW perhaps aion and forge is arguably competetive. Darkfall is hands down the most competetive game i've ever played in my entire life.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

hmm , question is then .... Why arent you playing AC2 right now?

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

WoW fits this the bests.  Has the best PvP of the games that try and balance.

If you can live withouut PvP try EQ2

WOW LOL, he said he was an Asheron call player, AC1  is notthing like WOW, WOW is ahdn holding 24/7, where AC1  has no hand holding what so ever.. If you want a good game, Try Darkfall new game.. Its tough to find a good balance between the two I play many games for my crafting fix, my PVE fix, and my PVP fix.

AC2 is back, sadly nothing like AC1, but I hear they may make changes like an AC3 per say, so I hear, we will see..

PS, WOW does not have PVP, its GVG, I laugh when people think thats PVP, when its not... Its gear vs  gear...