Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 on a Tablet? (I didn't think this was possible).

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

/Yawn.

You can have ANYTHING on a tablet when you're just streaming from a PC in the same room. 

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

what kind of tablet it is?

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by skeaser

/Yawn.

You can have ANYTHING on a tablet when you're just streaming from a PC in the same room. 

What if you're not in your room but still have access to a Wi-Fi... seems pretty bad ass that you can play GW2 anywhere you have a good internet connection....

I think that's pretty cool....

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Hmm, looks pretty cool. I haven't heard of that splashtop app. I'm going to have to try this on my Google Nexus 10. I can probably get it to run a lot smoother than the tablet in the video. Nice find!
    Originally posted by Sixfeetunder

what kind of tablet it is?

I don't think the tablet matters as much.. i think it works on iPad, Android tablets (Google NExus, Galaxy Tab/Note, Asus Transformer Prime/Infinity, Microsoft Surface, etc).

Originally posted by AvsRock21
    Hmm, looks pretty cool. I haven't heard of that splashtop app. I'm going to have to try this on my Google Nexus 10. I can probably get it to run a lot smoother than the tablet in the video. Nice find!

The tablet in the video is actually comparable to your NExus 10.... Don't get me wrong, the NExus 10 is a BEAST!, but the Asus Transformer Infinity T700t in the video isn't a slouch either.

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180
    i have google Nexus
  • eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

OOOOO I have a Asus Transformer Infinity T700 I am going to give this a go 

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179
    Originally posted by ZizouX
    Originally posted by skeaser

/Yawn.

What if you're not in your room but still have access to a Wi-Fi... seems pretty bad ass that you can play GW2 anywhere you have a good internet connection....

And tech that's several years old. OP got me all excited that someone had managed to actually run GW2 on a tablet which you cannot. All they're doing is streaming GW2 to a tablet. Not even close to the same thing. I can run Crysis 3 on my Droid 2 with the same tech and was playing with it years ago. 

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78

I guess this give a new(ish) excuse for getting their ass kick...

"Bro, I'da pwnd ya if I was on my rig!"

/yawn+1

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

related

Windows 8 tablets that will run GW2

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/and-the-verdict-of-guild-wars-2-on-windows-8-is/

For those of you looking to purchase one of the upcoming x86-based Windows 8 tablets such as the Microsoft Surface Pro or the Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro, we can confirm that Guild Wars 2 will be playable on those devices. 

Our machine with the Intel HD Graphics integrated GPU averaged frame rates in the mid-20′s on low settings at 1280×720, and the Intel HD Graphics 4000 in both of those devices is significantly more powerful.  For those looking at other x86 tablets, we would suggest staying away from ones with Intel Atom processors and opt for ones with at least a Pentium G Series or a Core i3 and up.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by skeaser /Yawn.   You can have ANYTHING on a tablet when you're just streaming from a PC in the same room. 

If it works with GW2, it would work with anything. It would be more or less anything that your PC can do. Take it one step further an imagine an internet service that does the same thing. Runs any game on powerful hardware and streams it to your device. The only trick would be the input to the game. Getting your character to turn and what not.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061
    If you think thats cool check out the OnLive service at onlive.com =p

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

It's been possible to run nearly all of the games on this site natively on Windows 7 tablets for about a year and a half now.  The problem is that "game runs as opposed to crashing" is a long way away from "game is reasonably playable", due both to frame rates and limited input options.

The upcoming Microsoft Surface Pro that someone mentioned will help some with the frame rate issues, though not the input problems.  The trouble is that a 17 W processor that isn't even an SoC is a very bad idea in a tablet, so it's going to be very expensive for a very short battery life.  The rumored successor based on an AMD Temash chip will probably be a much nicer tablet due to the far lower power consumption, but many games won't run smoothly on it--and that probably includes Guild Wars 2.

• driver4hiredriver4hire Member UncommonPosts: 78

do this on my tablet... its an ASUS transformer PAD with the keyboard.  Its nice because it has a full keyboard and a Fullsize USB port for my mouse.  I can get like 70+FPS over a good connection.  I travel a lot for work so I do this to play games while on the road.

Greatest thing ever is WIFI on planes.... Playing guildwars or WoTs on a plane is pretty fun.  Gets a little shaky though if you are flying internationally.

Currently playing : World of Tanks, LoL
    Waiting for: The game of my dreams
    Played: Everything
    Favorites being Eve, UO and SWG Pre-CU

Originally posted by driver4hire

do this on my tablet... its an ASUS transformer PAD with the keyboard.  Its nice because it has a full keyboard and a Fullsize USB port for my mouse.  I can get like 70+FPS over a good connection.  I travel a lot for work so I do this to play games while on the road.

Greatest thing ever is WIFI on planes.... Playing guildwars or WoTs on a plane is pretty fun.  Gets a little shaky though if you are flying internationally.

I have the Asus Infinity T700t with keyboard... 

It's not optimal, especially if you use a gaming pad like the G13, but if it means playing GW2 or not playing at all.... it feels great.  It's a wonderful concept and I've been taking advantage of it....

• driver4hiredriver4hire Member UncommonPosts: 78

It's not optimal, especially if you use a gaming pad like the G13, but if it means playing GW2 or not playing at all.... it feels great.  It's a wonderful concept and I've been taking advantage of it....

Eh doesnt bother me much.  Mouse and keyboard stuff works like its on the PC or a laptop.  Never used a gaming pad personally but if its your cup of tea I can't imagine it working very well.

i think my tablet is a T600 something I cant remember bought it like 3 months ago.  I know you need a tablet with at least the power of the newer Tegra 3 processors.  Mine has a 1.6Ghz quad core which does the job nicely.    The dang thing lasts like 15 hours per charge. 

I do know that performance wise it really depends on the program your using to stream.  Been using Splashtop pro so far.  All the other programs that i tried don't seem to support the framerates that are required for gaming where-as splashtop was designed around that I think.  I have heard of people also using it on phones as well.  Personally haven't but I lack a phone that I think is capable for something like that.

just looked at ASUS website.  I think i have a t700t.  seems to have the same specs!

Currently playing : World of Tanks, LoL
    Waiting for: The game of my dreams
    Played: Everything
    Favorites being Eve, UO and SWG Pre-CU

Eh doesnt bother me much.  Mouse and keyboard stuff works like its on the PC or a laptop.  Never used a gaming pad personally but if its your cup of tea I can't imagine it working very well.

i think my tablet is a T600 something I cant remember bought it like 3 months ago.  I know you need a tablet with at least the power of the newer Tegra 3 processors.  Mine has a 1.6Ghz quad core which does the job nicely.    The dang thing lasts like 15 hours per charge. 

I do know that performance wise it really depends on the program your using to stream.  Been using Splashtop pro so far.  All the other programs that i tried don't seem to support the framerates that are required for gaming where-as splashtop was designed around that I think.  I have heard of people also using it on phones as well.  Personally haven't but I lack a phone that I think is capable for something like that.

just looked at ASUS website.  I think i have a t700t.  seems to have the same specs!

Yup Tegra 3 Quadcore.... 1080 resolution... i LOVE IT!

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106
    Unfortunately, the direction GW2 management is leading the game will allow everyone to play it even on mobile phones because the only things important now are the gem store and the Trading Post.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)