Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New update coming on 12th

jonsnow13jonsnow13 Member Posts: 67

Affliction Server

Jasper City

Jasper City is going strong, and not going anywhere.  We are even in talks of placing a trader for new players to earn silver.  Feel free to message jonsnow, rockfeel, inkheart, samsurin, Venseth, anonmalice or Amorien to get recruited to the city.   To do so just type /tell "their name" to message them. 

We're recruiting new and old players alike!

Now's a great time to join as the new update is releasing soon that will add animation system to the game, making it much more immersive.  If you've ever wanted to play nows the time to get started and learn the ropes before the update! :)

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Will the new update, have avatar customization?

Ship combat, boarding and such?

Will you be able to transport non-swimming animals across the water on boats finally?

Will catapults be able to damage ships?

Thes are things I am concerned about.

So much crap, so little quality.

• brash99brash99 Member UncommonPosts: 94

Avatar customization yes; here are four female characters of mine that I was able to customize today through options for head shape, eye shape & color, nose & mouth, complexion & skin tone, hair styles & color, brow & chin:

Sorry, being a girl  I am only interested in the females  ^_^  but maybe someone else can post links to male avatars, I know they have now a lot of options for beards etc. It's still not as "full" of customatiztion overall as many other games (no options for height/weight/body type etc) -- but a HUGE leap forward from the Wurm of the past.

Sorry but no on transporting non-swimmer animals by ship or any naval combat changes, and overall PvP got little attention this swing through. There is a new  "fresh start" server that legacy players are not able to access, only new characters, plus a lot of new building options including multistory, starting work for upcoming supertall wizard towers ( not totally in yet), new building materials like slate, marble, clay, etc

If PvP is your main interest then you might have to wait longer for major updates. Rolf addressed the future of PvP in his recent Q&A but I skipped over those parts, you can fund details though here mostly under the "Chaos" server questions. 

* edit, found a screenshot of some of the male avatar customiztion here:  http://images.mmorpg.com/features/6961/images/Faces.jpg

Originally posted by brash99

Avatar customization yes; here are four female characters of mine that I was able to customize today through options for head shape, eye shape & color, nose & mouth, complexion & skin tone, hair styles & color, brow & chin:

Sorry, being a girl  I am only interested in the females  ^_^  but maybe someone else can post links to male avatars, I know they have now a lot of options for beards etc. It's still not as "full" of customatiztion overall as many other games (no options for height/weight/body type etc) -- but a HUGE leap forward from the Wurm of the past.

Sorry but no on transporting non-swimmer animals by ship or any naval combat changes, and overall PvP got little attention this swing through. There is a new  "fresh start" server that legacy players are not able to access, only new characters, plus a lot of new building options including multistory, starting work for upcoming supertall wizard towers ( not totally in yet), new building materials like slate, marble, clay, etc

If PvP is your main interest then you might have to wait longer for major updates. Rolf addressed the future of PvP in his recent Q&A but I skipped over those parts, you can fund details though here mostly under the "Chaos" server questions. 

* edit, found a screenshot of some of the male avatar customiztion here:  http://images.mmorpg.com/features/6961/images/Faces.jpg

I like the looks, a step into the year 2008.    I may think about checking it out again, but with the market of F2P sandboxes out there and an old favorite of mine running as an emulator, its hard to want to pay for a game like this.   Granted Wurm was one of the larger better laid out worlds I have seen in a while.

• daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361
    old favourite which is that?
    Originally posted by daveospice
    old favourite which is that?

Not aloud to talk about it here on MMORPG, as per the forum rules on discussing emulators.  Even though the company that originally put it out Sony Online Entertainment, had given the dev team their premission to do it as long as it did not draw a profit.