Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU or US (from a premium POV and service)?

dolgran8dolgran8 Member Posts: 8

Hello there!

As someone who prefers monthly payment over f2p models, which region would you guys suggest, EU or US?

1. I know that only EU offers a monthly fee model aside from a regular f2p one, but still, would that means that every cosmetic item that is  available in US shop is available for all players in the EU (since there's no shop there)?

2. Regarding gaming service, which one you guys would prefer? EU or US? Why is the EU client so far behind the US in terms of content updates?

3. How about maintenance times and server-side reactions to shutdowns?

4. Which one's more successful (EU/US) in player population and what are the chances that any of these two regions go offline in the near future?

Thank you for your answers!

Comments

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by dolgran8

Hello there!

As someone who prefers monthly payment over f2p models, which region would you guys suggest, EU or US?

1. I know that only EU offers a monthly fee model aside from a regular f2p one, but still, would that means that every cosmetic item that is  available in US shop is available for all players in the EU (since there's no shop there)?

2. Regarding gaming service, which one you guys would prefer? EU or US? Why is the EU client so far behind the US in terms of content updates?

3. How about maintenance times and server-side reactions to shutdowns?

4. Which one's more successful (EU/US) in player population and what are the chances that any of these two regions go offline in the near future?

Thank you for your answers!

1.- the difference between eu and na model is that in the eu you have to pay to get the same amount of exp by killin mobs, to have the same reset times for instances or gettin ap (abyss points -> pvp curreny). all these stuff u get for free in na. and ofc the eu-version has a shop too. its almost the same as the na one.

2.- well i played the game for 3 years and got my acc transfered to gameforge (eu) after playin for years under ncsoft. even i didnt like ncsoft, gameforge is the worse option. therefore i would recommend ncsoft (na-version).

the reason why the eu-client is behind the na one is one of the reasons why i would prefer ncsoft. gameforge is just too slow   in almost everythin. main reason (thats what they say) is because they have to translate it in two more languages.

3. maint. times are almost the same.

4. eu has more servers but thats because there are also 4 germans and 3 french servers. still alot of eu-players are askin for server merge, because there are some empty servers. cant say much about na since im playin there for few weeks now. but the server kahrun seems to be well populated.

yw

• dolgran8dolgran8 Member Posts: 8

Thanks for answering!

It seems that NA version is better then.

I've read about the CUBE system there, it is quite interesting, tho it would seem that most of the really interesting items are occupying the whole medium-sized cube, so it's basically 10$ for any single item (pet, wing, mount, etc), or much more.

Still, I think I'll stick with NA version and will try that out.

Again, thanks for answering!

1. Do you have any infos about how successful the game is? Did they release any numbers on player base and community since f2p/ or what they have currently? Any rumours of server shutdowns or  how long they're planning to keep the game going ?

2. As of now, is there an option to level to max. only by completing quests (excluding repeatables and simple grinds), or levelling the same it was at launch where you needed to farm on all 40+ levels at least 3-10 xp bars becaues there was not enough existing quests on those levels? Does the game still lacks quests based on the above?

Originally posted by dolgran8

Thanks for answering!

It seems that NA version is better then.

I've read about the CUBE system there, it is quite interesting, tho it would seem that most of the really interesting items are occupying the whole medium-sized cube, so it's basically 10$ for any single item (pet, wing, mount, etc), or much more.

Still, I think I'll stick with NA version and will try that out.

Again, thanks for answering!

1. Do you have any infos about how successful the game is? Did they release any numbers on player base and community since f2p/ or what they have currently? Any rumours of server shutdowns or  how long they're planning to keep the game going ?

2. As of now, is there an option to level to max. only by completing quests (excluding repeatables and simple grinds), or levelling the same it was at launch where you needed to farm on all 40+ levels at least 3-10 xp bars becaues there was not enough existing quests on those levels? Does the game still lacks quests based on the above?

1.- well there are no numbers but i think gw2 did hurt the numbers of players. anyway even there are ppl askin for server merge, i think the game is far from shuttin down. im pretty sure that they are earnin enough money from the f2p model. and also dont forget that the game is the nr1 mmo in asia. the upcommin patches just show how healthy the game is.

2.- if u havent played the game since the launch, then u will experience a big difference. lvling is much easier and there are alot of quests. i usually pass alot of them bc i lvl too fast. best way to lvl fast is to go to the solo dungeons as soon as u are able to enter one.

yw

• ShortspellShortspell Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I registered on an eu server and we're restricted to two character slots.  I think I read you could have more if you were NA.  Is it possible to transfer servers?  or cancel everything and start again?
    you cant transfer your account from eu to na. if u want to switch to na just make a new account on the na site. and download the game from there too. but dont forget to change the region on the nc launcher to na.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by khartokhar3

4. eu has more servers but thats because there are also 4 germans and 3 french servers. still alot of eu-players are askin for server merge, because there are some empty servers. cant say much about na since im playin there for few weeks now. but the server kahrun seems to be well populated.

yw

Hey :) I too was in the same boat as you! NcSoft transfered my account to GF and I just couldn't stand with their shop/patches etc but recently ( few days ago ) I started to play on Ncsoft too! Kahrun it's very populated it seems and I enjoy Aion again! :)

What's your in-game name? Also , are you from Europe? What's your in-game ping?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

well dude u better dont counbt on me. i didnt play much last days...played this since the open beta but now im kinda fed up by it ^^