Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Downloader/Patcher issues

2»

Comments

• hotfrosthotfrost Member UncommonPosts: 20

Here's an example of my problem: 

It just stays on that forever, it doesn't download while my internet connection is 100% stable. It's running in administrator mode, all anti-virus/firewalls off.

• MusbahMusbah Member Posts: 4
    Such a problem has actually happened to me plenty of times (I have a slow internet connection and somethimes I have to download a few things overnight) when I wake up I get that thing and it seemed like at some point the patcher had just stop downloading. All I really do is close the pather then open it again and it continues from where it left off (well it's more like it removes the GB it downloaded from the total)...

Okay now it is clear to show the problem:

it DOES DOWNLOAD, but what?

It has downloaded more megabytes than it needed BUT there are NO FILES downloaded.

The 9bytes/sec download speed also is wrong, because it doesn't actually download. It sometimes also shows up as 5mb/sec but then there still isn't anything being downloaded.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Just close the patcher and reopen it.
    Originally posted by Ortwig

I'm sorry but do you really think I haven't thought of that before....?

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by hotfrost
    Originally posted by Ortwig

I'm sorry but do you really think I haven't thought of that before....?

Reopening didn't work for me either as everyone claims here.

What worked was trying again another day.

[mod edit]

Harbinger of Fools
  • RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Personally at this point i would try getting into touch with funcom support, explain your problem and point out that its occuring 100% of the time for you. Then offer giving them remote access to your machine or run some debug softoware for them so they can try getting to the bottom of this(does TSW have a debug mode with heavy logging?).

For all we know this specific issue(the nonloading one, not the overshooting one thats fixed by reopening the launcher) isn't that common and funcom simply can't reproduce it internally. Which pretty much means they can't fix it. CCP did something like this once when people had problems connecting to the server, it helped.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    make sure you dont have more than 1 installation.
    Originally posted by Rocketeer

Personally at this point i would try getting into touch with funcom support, explain your problem and point out that its occuring 100% of the time for you. Then offer giving them remote access to your machine or run some debug softoware for them so they can try getting to the bottom of this(does TSW have a debug mode with heavy logging?).

For all we know this specific issue(the nonloading one, not the overshooting one thats fixed by reopening the launcher) isn't that common and funcom simply can't reproduce it internally. Which pretty much means they can't fix it. CCP did something like this once when people had problems connecting to the server, it helped.

I just did this like 8 hours ago, was hoping for an answer today.

But yeah the best solution is probably letting them use my PC or something like it...

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

But yeah the best solution is probably letting them use my PC or something like it...

Actually I wonder if it might be something else.  I am just throwing out an idea here that maybe your connection is being throttled based on the kind of traffic the patcher uses.  Like some ISP will slow down torrent type traffic, or peer-to-peer connections.  Obviously I have no idea if that is it at all, but hey it's AN idea at least :P

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Zyzra

Actually I wonder if it might be something else.  I am just throwing out an idea here that maybe your connection is being throttled based on the kind of traffic the patcher uses.  Like some ISP will slow down torrent type traffic, or peer-to-peer connections.  Obviously I have no idea if that is it at all, but hey it's AN idea at least :P

Kinda hard to imagine it would only throttle the last part of it though ...

But yeah, there must be something thats different for him, but not for me and the others the patcher works for. If its not his system ... 

Could you use a proxy or VPN to rule out that your ISP is somehow causing the problem?

But yeah, there must be something thats different for him, but not for me and the others the patcher works for. If its not his system ... 

Could you use a proxy or VPN to rule out that your ISP is somehow causing the problem?

I can try, but how do i use a proxy for downloading and stuff? I've neve used a proxy because i never needed one.

I can try, but how do i use a proxy for downloading and stuff? I've neve used a proxy because i never needed one.

Ah wait, i think i figured it out but now i need to find a good server, all servers i've found are down.

Okay i finally did it... but now I can't login, it keeps saying authentication failure. Please note that passwords are case sensitive...

-__-

I changed all my funcom passwords to the same one but I still can't login.

Any ideas? I got everything right.