Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excellent game

Allright, i have played this game now 3 days with free account and after reading some discussions i wanted to write small review. I like this game a lot. It has its weaknesses but the concept and major part of the work is brilliant, definitely work of a genious. The game is different and mmorpg style is reworked. Game weaknesses are mainly some unfinished stuff, for example simple things, like key configuration can be quite a mess (its possible though :). These are anyways small problems compared to benefits which are freedom, brutalism and danger. I havent found another game like MO in the market.

I found this game by looking game which would be

• realistic (no levels, easily killed)
  • huge world
  • brutal
  • only pvp (never have liked ai controlled creatures)

And as far as i have learned, MO is lots of this. Its a bit like real world. You can kill ppl and if u dont get caught you get the loot. I dont know much yet since i have been only the noobie city but even there is possible to steal and kill another players. Guards do their best to watch order but they dont always succeed.

For example, today i went to storage to stock my 2 days work of materials. There was player who was interested of buying them and i was very glad because i got good money out of the stuff. However, inside storage while we transferred goods, there was lots of people and i saw some black hooded fellows around me. We did trade but before i could store my cash from trade to bank they did stole every coin i had made! God damn i was pissed few minutes. And thats inside noobie town,  inside bank, front of guards. Danger lurks everywhere. And thats the game, and i like it that way. Its not for little kiddies (or older) who go cry after little loss ;)

Anyways, 

Thanks for reading! 

Sincerely yours,

Koppakaine, definitely future premium player 

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    game certainly has its merits and you wont find any argument from me about the actual game. i played it for a few years and so i understand there is enjoyment to be had if you go looking for it.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    glad you found a game you enjoy. i've also played MO for a long time and had a lot of fun especialy early on. It's definately a one of kind and it does have a lot of very cool mechanic (when they work). It's really too bad about the heavy ammount of game braking bugs, if it wasn't for that i would probably still be playing...
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Good to see you enjoy it, and you gonna feel alot more hurting from other players and bugs along your journey in MO. The game sure requires some thick skin from it´s players, and also alot of patience with the small dev team that SV has. But hope you stay and enjoy yourself either way.
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Good for you man
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

Glad you are enjoying the game. Congratulations on your new mmorpg account. Is that what you got for Christmas?

Happy Holidays.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    glad you found a game you enjoy. i've also played MO for a long time and had a lot of fun especialy early on. It's definately a one of kind and it does have a lot of very cool mechanic (when they work). It's really too bad about the heavy ammount of game braking bugs, if it wasn't for that i would probably still be playing...

As someone who has also played for a long time and who has returned recently I can say for certain there is very few bugs now days. Mortal Online has gained the reputation of being plagued with bugs (a fair reputation given the previous state of the game) but now days I find almost no bugs. The ONLY bug I have found is the UI sometimes disappears stuff from my inventory or hotbar... which is simply fixed with a /resetui

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256

I started about 3 days ago and would agree with all the OP said but not about the bugs, they are still plenty and surely not trivial. Some examples (starting with some minor ones): On day one the NPC merchant suddenly did not sell pickaxes. There was no feedback of any kind about what happens until someone wrote a ticked and this bug was solved the same day. This as a positive note. Then I got a bit into fishing and stumbled right away into some visible bugs. After the message "you lost your bait" for instance the whole fishing equipment (line, hook, bait) was still visible in the UI but the message was true. Pressing x and a short look into my inventory revealed that I actually lost bait, line and hook. This is reproducable btw. Then most of the time my fishing pole gets invisible in the UI (though still there and functional, just the picture and animation is affected). So much about some minor ones.

Scary was when I started to craft my first own armour pieces. The first 3 pieces where successful (pants, robe, helm) from leather and linnen. But then with the same amount of material on the same workbench I suddenly couldn't build gloves and boots but the material was sucked away silently! Given the fact MO's crafting system is extremely complex and almost not documented (except some player guides) and needs a lot of exploring this can lead to extremely frustating experiences. How can a new player trust in a personal mistake rather than just another bug? Anyway, I can't help myself, this game is still so awesome and pretty much what I was looking for so long. Can't stop playing, to hell with the bugs! xD

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

I agree, it's a great game. There's nothing else like it.

They still have a lot of work to do to improve it and up untill the latest patches it was fairly broken, but now after 2 years it finally works.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Just started earlier this evening. Am having a blast. I read the forums while downloading the client on Desura and read of the bugs and such, but to be honest the amount of fun I'm having so far outweighs the cons. 

I'd gladly support a small company trying something new and refreshing over the same old formula. I've played EVE for years and moved on to Glitch only for a more casual approach, a refreshing formula on the genre and wanted to actually play my character. After it closed down I've been jumping from game to game trying to find my new home (Wurm, Mabinogi, RuneScape, FFXI again, etc) and think I'm gonna stick it out with Mortal for a few months at least. 

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i wholeheartedly endorse small companies having a go at it and believe in innovation, and i recommend anyone to try mortal free trial because hey, it's free.

but that being said I am surprised nobody else has jumped on this OP yet.  his/her first post on their account and it's basically an advertisement.  we have a name for that (begins with S and rhymes with pill).

as for me personally I didnt like the game too much but agasin i do endorse you trying it on your own and making an informed decision where to spend your cash.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Originally posted by itchmon

i wholeheartedly endorse small companies having a go at it and believe in innovation, and i recommend anyone to try mortal free trial because hey, it's free.

but that being said I am surprised nobody else has jumped on this OP yet.  his/her first post on their account and it's basically an advertisement.  we have a name for that (begins with S and rhymes with pill).

as for me personally I didnt like the game too much but agasin i do endorse you trying it on your own and making an informed decision where to spend your cash.

Uh oh.. conspiracy theory! How is it so hard to believe someone registered to give positive feedback? People register all the time to give negative and that goes un-noticed.. but a positive and instantly it's "advertisement". You care to go into depth why you didn't like it?

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Celusios

Uh oh.. conspiracy theory! How is it so hard to believe someone registered to give positive feedback? People register all the time to give negative and that goes un-noticed.. but a positive and instantly it's "advertisement". You care to go into depth why you didn't like it?

The odd thing is they register then are never heard from again, happens all the time here.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
     i think this video pretty much sums up the good and bad points about MO.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QL4x3TnfMWI

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by Hancakes

The odd thing is they register then are never heard from again, happens all the time here.

Yes, let the conspiracy theories begin!!! Only the newly registered haters are valid right? Jfc.

Originally posted by Lahuzer

Yes, let the conspiracy theories begin!!! Only the newly registered haters are valid right? Jfc.

What conspiracy? Its a fact around this forum, check the OP profile. http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/sluggish_and_nasty  image

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I wouldn't mind buying this on steam, I like the fact you can play in first person, explore and watch out for players. Hehe
    Originally posted by Jorl
    I wouldn't mind buying this on steam, I like the fact you can play in first person, explore and watch out for players. Hehe

It'll never make it to steam, but why does that matter?

What conspiracy? Its a fact around this forum, check the OP profile. http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/sluggish_and_nasty  image

And I've seen plenty posts from newly registered accounts flaming MO. You just choose to wonder why "they aren't heard of again" when it is a positive post on MO. This guy will prolly post more in the future, but if he hasn't done it so soon after his first post it must be adverticement. Right? No suprise that you think like this as we all know you are so afraid of MO succeeding that your favorite game DF will suffer from it.  While me and more with me thinks both can succeed. Ofc you will never admit it. Shouldn't be so insecure about your precious DF. I think they manage either way. ;)

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

Just as you said you are a "n00b"  in the game.

Good outside and try to do something... good luck mate!

Enjoy !

Mortal online is STILL one of the worst games out there

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Mortal Online was a game with a great concept but ended up being horribly executed.
  • argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

And I've seen plenty posts from newly registered accounts flaming MO. You just choose to wonder why "they aren't heard of again" when it is a positive post on MO. This guy will prolly post more in the future, but if he hasn't done it so soon after his first post it must be adverticement. Right? No suprise that you think like this as we all know you are so afraid of MO succeeding that your favorite game DF will suffer fro m it.  While me and more with me thinks both can succeed. Ofc you will never admin it. Shouldn't be so insecure about your precious DF. I think they manage either way. ;)

Is it your sisters account but you are too lazy to change to yours from your android smartphone? O.o wait...

I m glad you enjoy it OP. I always enjoy posting positive reviews about games i like after a few hours playing them. I m enjoying it more than playing them image.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

Using Windows Vista 32bit and have the above minimum requirements but even after setting the resolution to lowest, graphics to lowest and switching audio frequency I still crash at the load screen....

anyone know how to fix that?

Originally posted by argirop

I m glad you enjoy it OP. I always enjoy posting positive reviews about games i like after a few hours playing them. I m enjoying it more than playing them image.

Need to learn how to read. 3 days of gaming is more few days, then few hours. But I do agree that that´s to little time to review any MMORPG out there. But this wasn´t a review. He just stated that he/she liked it so far. Can you imagine that? And about those reading skills. It´s my girlfriend. Not my sister. The mother to my two kids. Put on those reading glasses next time. Or try to figure, or read between the lines, that 3 days of gaming is more then few hours. And also, even if you don´t have the same luck as I, to have a GF that enjoys videogames, then that´s on you. Cause you can´t imagine two people in a relationship having a account each here. Nope. That´s impossible!!! And don´t bother reporting it, cause it didn´t work the last time and won´t work now, cause MMORPG knows about it. She ain´t posting here cause she is tired of it, and I don´t blame her, but if you want some attention I can ask her to show you some love. You seem to need it.

Do you blame them for not posting again? There is a lot of elitism on this forum. "OH NOOB YOUR OPINION DOESNT COUNT YOURE NEW!" "HA NEWB!". A feedback is a feedback in my opinion, I just wish people would stop letting their severe dislike for this game due to whatever reason take priority over intelligence. 

What then gets me is people are all over Darkfall Unholy Wars and all into it... but it's in a far worse state than Mortal, it has bugs (public knowledge) including a MAJOR one mortal NEVER had, it's failed to deliver several times (to be released in November, then December, now a very bad beta), and to add their support is just as lacking as MO's (being a small company).

Do you blame them for not posting again? There is a lot of elitism on this forum. "OH NOOB YOUR OPINION DOESNT COUNT YOURE NEW!" "HA NEWB!".

LOl Cute!

Yes most legitimate accounts are self deleted after their first post. image

This discussion has been closed.