Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone wish theyd go back to the way the game was before CU

I was a Weaponsmith/Fighter for 2 years and i recently lot the desire to play the game because of all the Combat Upgrades.  I enjoyed crafting and hunting.  Now i have to choose 1 profession just to be elite.  Im not saying i dont like all the CU alot of the ideas they have are great.  Being able to use armor withoiut buffs is great.  But as a weaponsmith i miss creating an elite weapons. 

So i wish they created a server just for players who want to play before CU.

anyone else have an opinion?

Comments

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    I like the game as it is now, but I understand how some people don't. I'm still pretty new at it though and when I played at release I didnt get very far into it to see all the changes. I like the game how it is.

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893

If they made a pre-CU server like a lot of people want, it would be SOE admitting their mistake. Plus they would be thoroughly humiliated and shamed when that server(s) would almost assuredly be heavy load all the time. This in contrast to the usual light/medium loads their servers carry now, w/ the exception of Bria or possibly one other.

I used to want to play on a pre-CU server, but then I realized, they wouldn't be able to leave well enough alone. The game is over. It has failed.

Originally posted by Wakizashi

If they made a pre-CU server like a lot of people want, it would be SOE admitting their mistake. Plus they would be thoroughly humiliated and shamed when that server(s) would almost assuredly be heavy load all the time. This in contrast to the usual light/medium loads their servers carry now, w/ the exception of Bria or possibly one other.
    I used to want to play on a pre-CU server, but then I realized, they wouldn't be able to leave well enough alone. The game is over. It has failed.

No, the game is still going strong. Hopefully one day you'll stop posting here though.

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893
    Hurts the truth does.  Failed you have.  Your father I am. 

Hurts the truth does.  Failed you have.  Your father I am. 

LOL image But really, the game is going strong, Sucks for you it does.image Even with the highest troll count in the known universe, SWG plugs right along.

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

Originally posted by anarchyart
    I like the game as it is now, but I understand how some people don't. I'm still pretty new at it though and when I played at release I didnt get very far into it to see all the changes. I like the game how it is.

I did play for a long time since release and in beta, and for once I'm with AA.

The game is better with the CU.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• skeeter_rossskeeter_ross Member Posts: 29

You hear this post every few weeks.  They really cant, the old script codes are gone from the game, they wont take the time or effort to make it just to make PRE CU servers, like someone said, it would admit they were wrong.  Me personally, i like both.  But they both have ther ups and downs, the game is done, its not growing rapidly.  For every customer they gain they lose a few.  SWG is done, a sign of this is Jabbas Palace disappearing.  I dont care what anyone else says, u cant make that big of a mistake, that is a HUGE sign that the end is near.  One can only hope for SWG2, this solely depends on if SOE is making it or not.

• DremvekDremvek Member UncommonPosts: 160

I have no problems with the CU. I just wish they would split it so you could be both an adventurer and a crafter. Currently, if you only have 1 account, you can either do the new content that they release, or you can craft and sell goods that are increasingly marginalized by the loot drops and quest rewards in the new content.

It has one of the best crafting systems I've seen in MMOs - it would be nice if I could partake in it a bit more without gimping myself on the adventuring side. Pre CU, you could do both - now you really can't.

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Originally posted by anarchyart

No, the game is still going strong. Hopefully one day you'll stop posting here though.

Oh that was just wrong on so many levels. AA you stepped over board on that last comment. I dont agree with alot of what you say but I never try to act so important to think I have the right to say when and where you can say what you say.....

Eventhough I am back playing I can tell you this game isnt going strong.

On some servers the population is non-existent. Yah some servers are doing good but alot arent and its no secret. Just because the developers program the server list to show heavy load when its really light and medium load when its really very light doesnt mean all the servers are strong.

The GCW is almost dead on several servers. I know on my server the imperials finally gave up building bases because the lag was just too intense and the rebels refuse to drop theirs. What a wonderful new GCW with the planetary control huh?

The economy is worthless. Its crashing and burning. Yah the economy is the first thing to go in an MMO but I have yet to see one this bad. Crafters are screaming for help and the screams are falling on deaf ears.

The developers treat the community like sheep. They have no respect for the player base. They lie more then a politician running for office. They never think things through. So many issues could have been avoided by them just thinking ahead. Take planetary control again. In all the talk and work, never once did a developer say "Hey you think having 40 bases on a planet will lag it out?"...

But the biggest problem is the community. Everyone is so concerned about their own little corner of the game that they could care less about everyone else's problem. Even going so far as to tell people not to post anymore....

This time away I had, made me see things more clear. The players need to stop looking at their own little parts and start looking at the bigger picture.

Yes the game is a success compared to the average games. But it will always be just another MMO until someone wakes up. ITS STAR WARS!!!!! The subscriber base could double or triple inside of a month if everyone (developer and player) worked together.

Kai

EDIT: I actually enjoy the CU. Its almost back to the way it was before buffs. You have to think to solo. But here is the problem for most people in this point and click generation. They want it all NOW! And they want to be able to do it all alone. That hurt the game. That hurts any game. Dont get me wrong here. I am not a groupie. I prefer to solo too. But when you can go from Novice marksmen to master pistoleer in 10 hours or from novice medic to master doctor in 8 hours, then something is severely wrong.

You can still solo almost anything in this game. It just takes planning and strategy. No more running and using their best attack while the mobs smack you because of your armor and buffs. I am CL52 right now and soloed a NS Rancor last night. CL 70 I think. I couldnt run up and start blasting. Had to pull him, use certain attacks, and really think out my plan of actions. I enjoy that. And any true soloer enjoys that more.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

I would pay extra for a pre-cu server.

Hell. I'd start fresh. Don't WANT to.. but I'd do it.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0