Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improvements to the B2P model for subs and lifetimes

OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

So it looks like things just got better for subscribers ("Members") and lifetimers.  Nice.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1496306&postcount=761

Posted by Joel:

So the final outcomes of the discussions I have been involved in.

1. Veteran Rewards System: As was suggested by quite a few people here, we will be adding a veteran rewards system to The Secret World. This will be retroactive back until launch and we will be offering a mix of boosts, cosmetics and other useful items for veterans to purchase using their points.
The full list of items which will be available to veterans will be made available during January, once the team has come back from holidays and we have a chance to sit down and sort it all out.

2. We will be adding a "price" guarantee to all subscriptions and GMs. This is basically a policy that states that if any DLC costs more than the points given to a subscriber in a month, they will receive the DLC for price of the maximum number of points. This will be added to the descriptions of those account types during January (when the guy who does it is back from holidays). A practical example of how this works is if we were to release a $20 DLC, subscribers and GMs would never pay more than 1200 ($10) points for it. 
Please note that this does not apply to stand alone expansions or DLC bundles which may contain multiple DLC.

3. As mentioned previously we will be implementing an autobuy DLC feature for accounts, which will ensure that players who don't want to worry about using the store, will receive the DLC each month. More details on the system will be provided in January.

Those are the results of my discussions with management regarding the concerns of the playerbase regarding the change in business model.

For now. As with everything in this business, adjustments can be made.

I am sure the discussions will continue. More importantly we will be watching and listening. Not everyone will be happy with the calls made, but the great thing about MMOs are that things are always up for being adjusted.

I will be around on the forums, answering questions here and there, but I will probably leave this topic to simmer for a while.

I appreciate the feedback and frank dialogue that I have been able to have with you guys, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

I am all for Vet Rewards. They are a time saver in Age of Conan with the fast mount purchase and map travel clickies.

I like the price guarantee for subscribers. It entices people to become a subscriber if they really enjoy the game. Before I didn't see a "need" to be subscriber if you really didn't care about the monthly items and were ok with just buying the content when you were up to that point in the game. 

Good stuff in my opinion.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• ashleymorrowashleymorrow Member Posts: 176
    I'm very pleased with both the changes and the manner in which they were effected. Joel and the FC team kept the lines of communication open and treated us with respect and honesty. I have no complaints.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by ashleymorrow
    I'm very pleased with both the changes and the manner in which they were effected. Joel and the FC team kept the lines of communication open and treated us with respect and honesty. I have no complaints.

I'm not sure why anyone would have any complaints.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by ashleymorrow

I'm not sure why anyone would have any complaints.

I think the only issue was purchasing DLCs with points -- if a particular DLC cost more than the month's points, a lifetimer could conceivably need to pay the difference.  This takes care of that concern. 

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Yay! Finally a company which does good business for their customers. Those got rare these days!

well done FC, happy about my lifetime pack again with these adjustments

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112

Ah, this is very good news.  I figured the folks at Funcom would move to address subscribers' concerns about the B2P conversion. 

Well done Funcom!

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Especially liking the autobuy feature for the DLCs -- just set and forget.
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Exellent news. Thank you FC.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Great news and this shows that FC actually listens to their customers. Was happy already before as a lifer but this deal is even better :)
  • kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    Wow, I was pleased with my lifetime sub before so this is unexpected and extremely appreciated.  Thanks, FC.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    this is great news for all concerned.have to say the servers are bouncing..i logged on at 4am uk time and there were shitloads of peeps playing.nice to see a game like this get the players it deserves..and i dont see why anyone would complain at those adjustments.