Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF MUD

killbill101killbill101 Member Posts: 1

Does anyone play Muds anymore?  I'm looking for a mud (or any form of game) that meets the following criteria.

I used to play a mud called  realms of despair about 15 years ago and considering trying a mud out again after getting bored of the current mmo's like wow, gw2, etc. on the market.  The pvp seems so stale when you have nothing to lose.  If I could get some suggestions based on the below criteria it would be appreciated:

Must have pvp with either partial or full looting when you kill someone, this is the most important criteria to me.

a large playerbased 70+ online at most times

decent pve as well, I liked in realms of despair I would spend alot of time working in pve towards a weapon and it would add to the thrill in pvp when I could lose that item at any team if i was killed, or get a valuable item from a kill.  I realize the new darkfall may be an option for me but I am waiting for release to get more information. 

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

www.topmudsites.com

www.mudconnect.com

those are your best bets for finding muds

• saydursaydur Member UncommonPosts: 185

Oh hey, fellow RoD player from about 15 years ago here as well.

Honestly, last I heard, God Wars II and Achaea would be the best options for something that has a real player base. I'll admit that I've left the MUD scene long enough ago that I'm going off second and third hand information. Still, probably wouldn't hurt to look them over. I've also heard that RoD itself is still going with quite a few people, but I also heard it was a shell of what it once was.

To be honest, you sound like you may want EVE. I don't suggest EVE lightly because it is a very specific taste. Still, PvP with some level of risk is one of the major selling points of the game. At the same time, the huge operations with major risk appear at a glacial pace and you're but one cog in an enormous machine. Regular dogfights can result in some losses, but you're talking more like poker night with buddies, not high roller games in Vegas.