Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like Earthrise is accepting beta apps for the re-release

phoonzangphoonzang Member UncommonPosts: 22
Just as the title states Earthrise is accepting beta apps.  Always wanted to try it out, but didn't want to bother because of the issue it had.  Hope it goes well as 2.0.

This whole conversation is getting weird ... Just plain weird

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Earthrise 2.0?  Hadn't heard of it.  I figured it was down forever.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • phoonzangphoonzang Member UncommonPosts: 22

Its called Earthrise: First Impact.  The IP got bought by another company who has been revamping and fixing th game.  I figure its probably cheaper to buy a mostly completed product wholesale then fix it, than too totally start from ground up.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by phoonzang
    Its called Earthrise: First Impact.  The IP got bought by another company who has been revamping and fixing th game.  I figure its probably cheaper to buy a mostly completed product wholesale then fix it, than too totally start from ground up. 

If they could fix the game's performance issues, they might actually have something. There were a lot of people who liked the idea of the game, but it just never delivered anything.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by phoonzang

If they could fix the game's performance issues, they might actually have something. There were a lot of people who liked the idea of the game, but it just never delivered anything.

Agreed.  It generated a decent amount of buzz.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Nothing like the second time around. AC2, DFUW and now Earthrise all getting a second chance. I'll be checking on this one to see if they can actually pull it off this time.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Everyone was worried about human zombie invasions, looks like it will an MMO zombie invasion instead.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file