Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you like shooters this game is amazing

therealeasytherealeasy Member Posts: 36

the RPG aspect , buying equipment and skills, is also extermely well implemented

won't go into too much detail but the gameplay, atmosphere - visuals and sound - are all amazing

great game, not sure what the haters are on about but i have some guesses but wont go there now either

if you are even remotely interested you should be looking forward to this amazing game.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by therealeasy
    the RPG aspect , buying equipment and skills, is also extermely well implemented

won't go into too much detail but the gameplay, atmosphere - visuals and sound - are all amazing

great game, not sure what the haters are on about but i have some guesses but wont go there now either

if you are even remotely interested you should be looking forward to this amazing game.

My beta key was declined, so be my interest for dust.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Isn't this a console only game??

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Isn't this a console only game??

PS3 exclusive, as I recall.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• WahrHeitWahrHeit Member UncommonPosts: 57
    if you like shooters you wouldnt play ps3.
  • YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by WahrHeit
    if you like shooters you wouldnt play ps3.

I'm having lot's of fun in the beta since they added native USB-keyboard and mouse-support back in August.

Don't see a problem there, and the newest version is only $200, which is quiet a reasonably priced HTPC including a BluRay-player.

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Yeah, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I found the game to be the most boring shooter I've ever played. I've been starting it up every few weeks just to see if maybe it's any better, but to me, the game's core gameplay is the biggest problem and there's really no fixing that. It's a shame too, as I had high hopes for this title. Also, the keyboard and mouse support is terrible. You're actually at a disadvantage if you don't use a controller. The music on the XMB is good though!

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• therealeasytherealeasy Member Posts: 36

I've always enjoyed console and PC shooters.  Some of the best games of all time, such as goldeneye, were console shooters.  

I like DUST and the strategic matches.  I think the gameplay is great.  

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    I have to disaggree. This game is atrociously bad as is in the beta.  Supposedly there is supposed to be more and more EVE tie in but as of right now I would rather get murdered then play this piece.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Console only game.    Yes I have beta'd it and it is sorely lacking.   The graphics are aged.   The animations need work.   The gme play is still not as refined as say BF2 or PS2 and PS2 is considered to be still in beta.    So that tells you a lot about the quality of DUST514.   PS2 is way ahead of of this game in almost every way - especially the fact that PS2 can be played on a PC and not relegated to a console.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Even though it is PS3 only I gave it a go because this was one title I was really looking forward to. The ramafications of it's success could have been huge. In the end it was very lacluster, I prefer planetside 2. 

Well it wasn't my cup of tea I do wish it the best. A massive success for this game could mean a lot for the genre, though sadly I just don't see that being the case with this particular game. Hopefully we will see a better tie in game in the future.