Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player Questions.

WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
Me and my gf are going to start playing this game today, and we were curious if we would be at a big disadvantage if we did not pay for the game. Also, is the game have a big enough population to have fun interacting with people? Thanks.

Comments

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990
    Originally posted by WonderweissM
    Me and my gf are going to start playing this game today, and we were curious if we would be at a big disadvantage if we did not pay for the game. Also, is the game have a big enough population to have fun interacting with people? Thanks.

Wurm is F2P in the sense that you can try it for free and that there is no box to buy. There is however a skill cap for people playing for free. Sooner or later you need to buy "premium time" to advance beyond this skill cap, it's cheap (€10 for 2 months). Technically you could just play forever with the skill cap in place - but you will not want it.

What's big for you? Amount of people doesn't really contribute to anything in Wurm, quality of your neighbours in the game world is much more important. Wurm isn't a big game by any means: at prime times (European or North-American evening hours) we have roughly 800 people online.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• brash99brash99 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    It's also possible -- but not easy -- to pay for the game entirely through ingame coin that you earn through the game player to player economy. But that usually involves for new players a lot of pretty boring work making construction materials etc, and selling them to other players. Still it is an option to unlock all of the paid content through ingame earnings.
  • WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    It turns out my computer is too crappy to run the game haha. Ill see you guys in game after christmas!
  • ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by WonderweissM
    It turns out my computer is too crappy to run the game haha. Ill see you guys in game after christmas!

I find that hard to believe. Did you update/install Java? Wurm runs on Java, just like Minecraft.