Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV Developer complains about bad reviews and asks fans to go counter them...

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Gwahlur
    Originally posted by Anubisan
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

It's a bad company through and through. No talent and horrid leadership. 

You take all the ameturish moves and behavoir on top of all the shady moves and behavoir and you get what you have today, A game that had a lot of promise in its conceptual stage but simply didn't have a group behind it that could deliver. 

They would not have lied, cheated, and stole from their players.

I thought this site was about promoting mmorpgs, but this kind of slander and sabotage of mmorpgs and the people making them is okey somehow?

This site used to be about promoting MMOs, yes. These days it is full of nothing but hate if you ask me...

Many of the haters haven't even played the game for years, and yet they continue to do nothing but complain about it on this forum. I honestly have to wonder if some of these people have nothing better to do with their time.

I know. It was a retorical question, and i would have let it slide (again) if it wasn't for the fact that i just got a warning for a totally harmless post compared to this. It's pretty extreme really.

it is actually agaisnt the rules to constantly post hate threads on the same game or topic but that rule is never enforced.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

City disappeared from a patch, and I'm sure you have been programming complex programs for long enough that you could never have made a mistake.

Autorenewing was an unfortunate way of dealing with accounts and subscriptions, agree.

Problem is, you're not backing up anything, and you're not talking about anything present. You're stuck in the past for some reason. What is your mission here? Shutting down MO right, because when the fun ended there for you noone else is allowed to have fun with it either? The persons who tried to make a game that you actually liked and played for a long while are such bad persons you want their dream-project to burn and them to burn in hell right? An inexperienced company making noob mistakes is such a travesty that you want them shut down, and the only job they should be allowed to have from now on is being chained to a big wheel right?

Why? is it that you're so set on getting SV shut down? Why aren't you all up in arms about something important, like companies making weapons, making cluster bombs, poisoning rivers, cutting down the rainforest, something that actually matters in the big scheme of things?

City disappears... mistake?  It's called inept business practice.  A coding mistake is fine.  Not having a _working_ test server in place that could easily see the problem is incompetent.  Too many times we heard 'but it was fine on the test server'.  Guess what?  Maybe they need a proper fucking test server if it _never_ does the job it is supposed to.

You want me to talk about present issues?  Keep running your mouth and I will start making threads going into explicit detail of how fucked up the game is at present.  

SV has been getting themselves shut down from day one.  Why are we so keen on coming to MMORPG and speaking our mind?  For me the answer is that I and everyone else were heavily censored on the MO forums, banned on the MO forums when I did not violate the forum rules, etc.  SV fucked with me and treated me with disrespect.  Now I will always come back to this forum on MMORPG and speak my 2 cents.  If they wanted to maintain healthy customer relationships it was entirely within their power.

You sir have won Psychobilly's coveted "MMORPG Mortal Moron of the Month" award, December 2012.  Congrats on winning your MMMM award.  I shall award this grand honor each month going forward.  You will go down in history as the first.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by deathshroud

You take all the ameturish moves and behavoir on top of all the shady moves and behavoir and you get what you have today, A game that had a lot of promise in its conceptual stage but simply didn't have a group behind it that could deliver. 

I thought this site was about promoting mmorpgs, but this kind of slander and sabotage of mmorpgs and the people making them is okey somehow?

This site used to be about promoting MMOs, yes. These days it is full of nothing but hate if you ask me...

Many of the haters haven't even played the game for years, and yet they continue to do nothing but complain about it on this forum. I honestly have to wonder if some of these people have nothing better to do with their time.

I know. It was a retorical question, and i would have let it slide (again) if it wasn't for the fact that i just got a warning for a totally harmless post compared to this. It's pretty extreme really.

it is actually agaisnt the rules to constantly post hate threads on the same game or topic but that rule is never enforced.

Actually, saying "X game" sucks repeatedly is against the rules, explaining/discussing why "X game" sucks isn't.  Its not like most people feel MO is a good game being trolled for giggles.  There are some very good reasons MOs retention rate is a joke and it has nothing to do with anyting said here or elsewhere.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Actually, saying "X game" sucks repeatedly is against the rules, explaining/discussing why "X game" sucks isn't.  Its not like most people feel MO is a good game being trolled for giggles.  There are some very good reasons MOs retention rate is a joke and it has nothing to do with anyting said here or elsewhere.

thats true but how many times do the same people have to say the same things?

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Until Starvault stops trying to market the game here via the forum and actually fixes the game.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162

Until Starvault stops trying to market the game here via the forum and actually fixes the game.

This^

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Slapshot what is your problem with MO? I don't understand why at every end you feel the need to try to bash or put down the game?
  • argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

As many times as the same people (fanbois, Henrik, wannabe GMs, councilors and devs) come here and spread the same old lies regarding MO, SV and their awesome ways. You should know better Deathshroud. 

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

I tried MO.

After 5 min I uninstalled.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    As much as I dislike SV, I think there is little wrong with asking fans to support the game by such means.
  • LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    following-up the development of this game has been hilarious
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by RedJorge

I tried MO.

After 5 min I uninstalled.

Downloaded the game, got file corrupt message.

Downloaded a second time, client crash at the splash screen.

Removed from my harddrive.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    What most of us should of done shorty.
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

I am sure many players who wanted to try the game, and encountered numerous problems, have probably just uninstalled it.

I wish them well with the F2P  and Steam Greenlight.

Should be quite entertaining.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287
    Originally posted by ShortyBible

I am sure many players who wanted to try the game, and encountered numerous problems, have probably just uninstalled it.

I wouldn't put in hope in the greenlight.  Ignoring the fact I doubt many players will support it, there is the whole recent War Z debacle that is, very likely, going to put the breaks on any new greenlights for a bit while Valve make 100% certain any game passed delivers all that it promises it does.  The whole situation was a blemish on Steam, albeit a slight one.  However slight, I would imagine Valve takes its position as a market leader in that field seriously enough to really dig deep on these greenlights more now.

Also, I've read people in this thread say that this site is nothing but hate.  That is untrue, and, in fact, this site is an excellent source of material for really getting a picture of what a game is.  You just have to read both extremes and shoot for the middle.  The thing is, every site is gonna have horsecrap posted.  People are always gonna skew the results.  BUT this site takes a few steps against it and it has enough users that you get a pretty even spread.  All you have to do is shunt off the outliers and you get a pretty accurate graph of the game and its success each time.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Gishgeron
    Originally posted by ShortyBible

I wouldn't put in hope in the greenlight.  Ignoring the fact I doubt many players will support it, there is the whole recent War Z debacle that is, very likely, going to put the breaks on any new greenlights for a bit while Valve make 100% certain any game passed delivers all that it promises it does.  

I am pretty sure that War Z had nothing to do with greenlight, it got released witthout having to pass through it.

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

I wonder this game still exists :)

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Slander? They deleted an entire city on accident durring a patch then refused to replace all the items and gear that players lost after they fell through the world and died because of it. Are you saying this did not happen?

They automatically set up for a autorenewing subscription when they pre-ordered the game and many didn't find out until months after they quit. 

There simply is no need for slander when it comes to SV and MO. They have done an epic job over the years given tons of examples documented throughout the web to draw upon to back up posts like the one you quoted. 

City disappeared from a patch, and I'm sure you have been programming complex programs for long enough that you could never have made a mistake.

Autorenewing was an unfortunate way of dealing with accounts and subscriptions, agree.

Problem is, you're not backing up anything, and you're not talking about anything present. You're stuck in the past for some reason. What is your mission here? Shutting down MO right, because when the fun ended there for you noone else is allowed to have fun with it either? The persons who tried to make a game that you actually liked and played for a long while are such bad persons you want their dream-project to burn and them to burn in hell right? An inexperienced company making noob mistakes is such a travesty that you want them shut down, and the only job they should be allowed to have from now on is being chained to a big wheel right?

Why? is it that you're so set on getting SV shut down? Why aren't you all up in arms about something important, like companies making weapons, making cluster bombs, poisoning rivers, cutting down the rainforest, something that actually matters in the big scheme of things?

I have been programing in both C++ and Java for many years now. I am proficient with 3DSMax, Blender, Maya, and Zbrush. The last year or so I started using 3DCoat as well (Excellent Program). I also have a great deal of other programs under my belt as well as a great deal of experience in various game engines. I have been working on a project for a little over a year now. And with all of that, no I have never made such a mistake. 

My goal? It is to voice my opinion, what is yours? 

As far as why aren't I all up in amrs about something important? May I ask the same? You spend a great deal of time ardently defending MO rather than defending something of importance. 

Yeah, everybody's a rocket scientist on the internet.

My goal is to one day play the game they're trying to make. No, I don't play now, no i have nothing to do with SV, and no, I've never played except during open beta and once more on a trial account.

And 10 minutes is a great deal of time? Compared to how much time you guys spend here I don't think so ;)

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Slander? They deleted an entire city on accident durring a patch then refused to replace all the items and gear that players lost after they fell through the world and died because of it. Are you saying this did not happen?

They automatically set up for a autorenewing subscription when they pre-ordered the game and many didn't find out until months after they quit. 

There simply is no need for slander when it comes to SV and MO. They have done an epic job over the years given tons of examples documented throughout the web to draw upon to back up posts like the one you quoted. 

I have been programing in both C++ and Java for many years now. I am proficient with 3DSMax, Blender, Maya, and Zbrush. The last year or so I started using 3DCoat as well (Excellent Program). I also have a great deal of other programs under my belt as well as a great deal of experience in various game engines. I have been working on a project for a little over a year now. And with all of that, no I have never made such a mistake. 

As far as why aren't I all up in amrs about something important? May I ask the same? You spend a great deal of time ardently defending MO rather than defending something of importance. 

My goal is to one day play the game they're trying to make. No, I don't play now, no i have nothing to do with SV, and no, I've never played except during open beta and once more on a trial account.

And 10 minutes is a great deal of time? Compared to how much time you guys spend here I don't think so ;)

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I know nothing about rocket sceince. I rarely pop over on to the MO forums because it's rarely in the news feed unless they've have made another asinine move. When they do I pop back over like others to see what recent debacle is going on so I'm sure you are here defending the game a great deal more than I am here critisizing it lol. 

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I know nothing about rocket sceince. I rarely pop over on to the MO forums because it's rarely in the news feed unless they've have made another asinine move. When they do I pop back over like others to see what recent debacle is going on so I'm sure you are here defending the game a great deal more than I am here critisizing it lol. 

Check my post history ;)

But yeah, I do the same thing, pop by here when something special that might actually make a difference, and lead to me actually being able to play the game they've wanted to make, is going on.

I'm having big trouble understanding why you guys are actively trying to sabotage them and have no understanding of the difficulties any company in their position would go through, and seeing as I still want to play the game they've described, your interests and mine are kind of directly in opposition

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Gwahlur, just give up on em. They won´t change. They´ve made it to a living doing everything in their power to make SV look bad. It IS sad to see how some people here want a small company like SV to fall over. The world need more companies like SV that at least are TRYING to do something unique. OK, they aren´t always successfull, and it don´t goes as fast as it does with AAA-titles. But still I love them for what they are trying to do. And no, we don´t always get along, and they make mistakes like we all do.

[mod edit] I´m enjoying both games right now, even if AV made SV look good there with their awfull communication before launch etc. Thank god they have step up now, and communicate more. But I think both these games have a place on the market, and I hope both succeeds cause the MMO-world needs them to. We don´t want more crappy themepark games. Or, I sure as hell don´t at least. People need to stop the hating, and play games they enjoy, and leave those they don´t like. Sure, express how much you hate em when you leave. But to stalk their forums for years is anything but healthy.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Get the game on track and they wont get reviews like this.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Originally posted by coxyroxy
    Get the game on track and they wont get reviews like this.

EXACTLY!!

Their problem is not reviews, their problem is that tens of thousands have actually tried the game (maybe 100k even?) but only a tiny tiny fraction still play.  That has nothing do do with bad reviews but everything to do with the poor state of the game, company and community.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

Gwahlur, just give up on em. They won´t change. They´ve made it to a living doing everything in their power to make SV look bad. It IS sad to see how some people here want a small company like SV to fall over. The world need more companies like SV that at least are TRYING to do something unique. OK, they aren´t always successfull, and it don´t goes as fast as it does with AAA-titles. But still I love them for what they are trying to do. And no, we don´t always get along, and they make mistakes like we all do.

[mod edit] I´m enjoying both games right now, even if AV made SV look good there with their awfull communication before launch etc. Thank god they have step up now, and communicate more. But I think both these games have a place on the market, and I hope both succeeds cause the MMO-world needs them to. We don´t want more crappy themepark games. Or, I sure as hell don´t at least. People need to stop the hating, and play games they enjoy, and leave those they don´t like. Sure, express how much you hate em when you leave. But to stalk their forums for years is anything but healthy.

You lost it right there. SV doesnt need help to look bad. And no gaming industry doesnt need more failed companies like SV. Enough is enough.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

When 90% of the people who tried the game say it blows, then there's a fair chance that it blows, hence bad reviews...

The solution to that is to make a good game, which has nothing to do wityh being themepark or sandbox.