Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested in trying it out.

13»

Comments

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Seen GM corruption firsthand. Hand Theia in TS at times on the issue as well. I'd honestly have to say the GMs are suspect. I've literally had a friend get constantly kicked from server by herius. Once it was reported up the ladder, he feigned innocence and said he was pressing the wrong button... As most ppl who were counselors know, it is a typed out command, not a button. Also have been scouted by GMs for their respective guilds.

I consider corruption as most devastating occurence for any organisation, not to mention moral grounds of persons participating in those kind of activities. Same would go for hackers, especially ones that complain about many hacks in game and justifying own hacking because other people hack. Almost a decade ago, when 3D MMOs started to gain popularity, there was always mention of GM corruption, but companies like Blizzard have enough resources to curb it really fast, and they had tools which could monitor GM or any player activity.

If I take perspective of a guy that runs gaming company, I would have to be really careful how I distribute my resources. For SV, GMs are important game driver, and problem is that SV has quite low financial and staff resources to monitor GMs or to pay professional GMs, and Henrik has no time to deal with every GM incident. Also, he has no time to constantly hire volunteers or underpayed GMs that could be 100% professional. It seems to me GMs like Discord are underpayed, but SV has to keep them because he will not get any other long term underpayed GMs. It seems to me SV decided to focus its scarse resources on game development, leaving GM management on a side. For SV is better to have some corrupt GMs, than no GMs at all, or again risk hiring noob GMs that can be also corrupted.

Still, Henrik may be inexperienced as a CEO, but he is not a fool, I am sure he will get rid of all people that destroy his company from inside, as soon as he actually can afford to do it.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Vonatar

- got another horse and stabled it. Went to the bank to get my stable receipt and it was instantly pickpocketed. The guy then brought my horse from the stable and killed it in front of me.

Although horrible, this made me laugh so much!

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Vonatar

- got another horse and stabled it. Went to the bank to get my stable receipt and it was instantly pickpocketed. The guy then brought my horse from the stable and killed it in front of me.

Although horrible, this made me laugh so much!

Why did he take the pet receipt instead of just stabeling horse? Stabled horse cannot be looted, unless you take the receipt when you want to sell it or give to another char or player.

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by Hodo

BTW, there is only one race to play in MO.

Thursar (half-orc) + Khurite.

Anything else is gimped in a fight.

Incorrect.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by ltank
    Originally posted by Hodo

BTW, there is only one race to play in MO.

Thursar (half-orc) + Khurite.

Anything else is gimped in a fight.

Incorrect.

Oh I forgot about those elves for magic.

So much crap, so little quality.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by Biskop
    This is rather hilarious. The same type of discussion have been going on for years.

New player: The game is empty and there are no hints on what to do.
    Fanboy: You logged in to the wrong place, log in to Tindrem instead.
    New player: Ok, when I do that the game crashes.
    Fanboy: Then log in to some other place.
    New player: But.. then it will be empty and lacking tutorial, right?
    Fanboy: Not if you've got what it takes! Guess you're not hardcore enough, eh?

Hater: LOL isn't it hilarious that people actually like this game!? Look at how silly and ridiculous they are! Let me draw attention to everything SV has ever done wrong for the 1000th time.

Let's not forget the next part (your usual valuable contribution to the conversation).