Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hate to break it to you

2»

Comments

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Simply put, TESO will be another generic linear Themepark  based off a popular IP

Its a money grab. Nothing more.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• DraigenDraigen Member Posts: 5
    I have high hopes this game will satisfy my craving for a DAOC 2. The right people are in place to make it happen. So I have my fingers crossed!
  • Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568

Is there somewhere I've missed that states ESO will not have deco and housing?  Even instanced?  Have not seen it if there is.  That might be a game-breaker for me, to be honest.  I have not been able to find much official released info on the game systems and features, period, outside of the 1 trailer.

Been looking for a game with decent housing and deco since SWG.  A place to call my own in the MMO world.

Have been playing Skyrim and the combo of sandbox world exploration and themepark quest leveling seems to fit well together in that context.  I understand that end-game will be PVP and some style of PVE raiding but it pretty much is in just about any MMO.  The OWPVP in this looks at the least interesting and could hold my interest for quite some time if it all works as advertised.

If some1 has a link for no housing and deco, I would appreaciate a look-see.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/#ref

They give "source" info at the bottom of the page. Housing is listed under the "Misc" tab.

• Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

They give "source" info at the bottom of the page. Housing is listed under the "Misc" tab.

"Player and guild housing will not be in the game at release."

That's pretty much a let-down.  Altho they don't say it won't be at some point in time.  Guess I'll wait for the "plug-in" that puts housing in their game.

Thanks, made my mind up for me on a pre-order.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Esquire1980

That's pretty much a let-down.  Altho they don't say it won't be at some point in time.  Guess I'll wait for the "plug-in" that puts housing in their game.

You dont have to wait, there are plenty of games for housing and decor http://www.girlgames.com/home-decorating-games.html has some.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by karmath
    The point you are missing OP is the fact that the IP is known for a specific kind of openworld gameplay, if you take that away you have just another fantasy IP and alienating your core fanbase to boot.

And thats the sad part, I'm taking a wait and see approach but for a company to alienating millions upon millions of built in fans is the most assinine thing I can think of lol. 

We don't want those 7mil+ people that bought Skyrim or our other TES games, we are focusing on the 200-300k players your standard MMO has... 

wtf lol! 

Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    The point you are missing OP is the fact that the IP is known for a specific kind of openworld gameplay, if you take that away you have just another fantasy IP and alienating your core fanbase to boot.

And thats the sad part, I'm taking a wait and see approach but for a company to alienating millions upon millions of built in fans is the most assinine thing I can think of lol. 

We don't want those 7mil+ people that bought Skyrim or our other TES games, we are focusing on the 200-300k players your standard MMO has... 

wtf lol! 

They already chose to alienate them by going PC and Mac.

Originally posted by Fearum

You dont have to wait, there are plenty of games for housing and decor http://www.girlgames.com/home-decorating-games.html has some.

Real sandbox games have them as well

http://uo.com/

Though... everyone has different taste so I won't knock Fearum for liking those girlgames... to each their own.

wtf lol! 

Going PC? You mean like do what they've been doing since the beggining? TES has been PC since day 1 lol and the PC version has always been a great deal better than the console version :) 

TES: Arena - PC

TES: DaggerFall - PC

Battlespire and Redguard I will skip over even though they were both on PC

TES: Morrowind - PC

TES: Oblivion - PC

TES: Skyrim - PC

So... how did they alienate them by going PC considering they've always been on PC?

Aww your so cute. UO is history kind of like an Outhouse, you still don't use one of those do you?

It's definitely better than those girly games you play lol... I've no idea why you would even play something like that let alone let others know you play that kind of game. It's one of those things you really shouldn't share with people. 

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

wtf lol! 

Going PC? You mean like do what they've been doing since the beggining? TES has been PC since day 1 lol and the PC version has always been a great deal better than the console version :) 

So... how did they alienate them by going PC considering they've always been on PC?

I think he meant by not releasing it for console. The reason, of course, is that current consoles can't handle the game. However, they aren't ruling out future consoles, so there could be hope for that on the horizon. The devs have only said they are focusing on getting it ready for PC & Mac for now.

wtf lol! 

I think he meant by not releasing it for console. The reason, of course, is that current consoles can't handle the game. However, they aren't ruling out future consoles, so there could be hope for that on the horizon. The devs have only said they are focusing on getting it ready for PC & Mac for now.

Ahh, well usually MMO's have trouble coming to console anyways thanks to Microsoft lol. They don't like putting MMO's onto the 360, FFXI is one of the very few exceptions. Not exactly them alienating players. I guess it didn't dawn on me that this is what he meant considering the lack of logic in it. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by karmath The point you are missing OP is the fact that the IP is known for a specific kind of openworld gameplay, if you take that away you have just another fantasy IP and alienating your core fanbase to boot.

wtf lol! 

How would you have any idea what seven million people are thinking? The idea that they are all thinking the same thing is ludicrous. You know what the vast majority of those people think? Whatever is on the first page of the website.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by karmath The point you are missing OP is the fact that the IP is known for a specific kind of openworld gameplay, if you take that away you have just another fantasy IP and alienating your core fanbase to boot.

wtf lol! 

How would you have any idea what seven million people are thinking? The idea that they are all thinking the same thing is ludicrous. You know what the vast majority of those people think? Whatever is on the first page of the website.

Sorry, it's called deductive reasoning. 

"Deductive reasoning is one of the two basic forms of valid reasoning. It begins with a general hypothesis or known fact and creates a specific conclusion from that generalization."

The more you know!

wtf lol! 

Ahh, well usually MMO's have trouble coming to console anyways thanks to Microsoft lol. They don't like putting MMO's onto the 360, FFXI is one of the very few exceptions. Not exactly them alienating players. I guess it didn't dawn on me that this is what he meant considering the lack of logic in it. 

Yeah lack of logic on your part as to thinking that it sold more on PC than console.

Originally posted by lizardbones

wtf lol! 

Sorry, it's called deductive reasoning. 

"Deductive reasoning is one of the two basic forms of valid reasoning. It begins with a general hypothesis or known fact and creates a specific conclusion from that generalization."

The more you know!

No its called personal opinion.

o·pin·ion (image-pimagenimageyimagen)

n.
    1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion" (Elizabeth Drew).
    2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
    3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.

4. The prevailing view: public opinion.

5. Law A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the

The more you know!

wtf lol! 

Yeah lack of logic on your part as to thinking that it sold more on PC than console.

Now where did I say or even imply that? Are you simply attempting to argue for the sake of arguing? I believe you are so I will simply bow out of the conversation lol. Good luck to you lol. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Is there somewhere I've missed that states ESO will not have deco and housing?  Even instanced?  Have not seen it if there is.  That might be a game-breaker for me, to be honest.  I have not been able to find much official released info on the game systems and features, period, outside of the 1 trailer.

Been looking for a game with decent housing and deco since SWG.  A place to call my own in the MMO world.

Have been playing Skyrim and the combo of sandbox world exploration and themepark quest leveling seems to fit well together in that context.  I understand that end-game will be PVP and some style of PVE raiding but it pretty much is in just about any MMO.  The OWPVP in this looks at the least interesting and could hold my interest for quite some time if it all works as advertised.

If some1 has a link for no housing and deco, I would appreaciate a look-see.

Here's an interesting video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8luBc0X3vIg

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
This discussion has been closed.