Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online now trying to get greenlit.

Vote now folks, whether you think the game is bollocks or if you like it.  Best to get the truth heard.  Heads up!  They are deleting any negative comments on the greenlight page.

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    i voted yes because im a charitable guy and i wouldnt mind seeing what can be acomplished with some form of funding, never know i might 1 day paly it again.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

since so many people are cuaght up with the df fiasco, i wouldnt be suprised if not many people visit this section.

mo is f2p so i see no harm in it going on steam, more people will try it and decide if they like it or not.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    I was not aware that you were able to moderate comments on greenlight as well, that sucks. I also think valve said that negative votes don't really do anything.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Originally posted by Toferio
    I was not aware that you were able to moderate comments on greenlight as well, that sucks. I also think valve said that negative votes don't really do anything.

Yeah it's actually kind of funny.  Paratus or someone else is literally sitting there trying to delete comments as they come.

It really doesn't matter, at the end of the day they still have to deliver a functioning (and fun) product.  Censoring comments has no impact on that.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    I said yes in light of the good work they've been doing lately. I see consistent patches, the community chippin in to make this game what it needs to be, and most importantly I see life back in this game. I have always been for this game going free to play (even have a topic some time ago) and it seems since that decision it's done far better.
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Yeah it's actually kind of funny.  Paratus or someone else is literally sitting there trying to delete comments as they come.

It really doesn't matter, at the end of the day they still have to deliver a functioning (and fun) product.  Censoring comments has no impact on that.

this is why i have no problem with it being on steam, its f2p and those that try it will quickly be able to make up thier own minds on if they should paly it or not. Is mo quality enough for it to start making profit through steam? time will tell.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Well if I have to be honest, no. I wouldn't buy it if it was on Steam. Or in any other way. Not in the condition the game is currently in.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Voted a big fat and juicy NO since i think its not cool for steam to promote awfull games. Dunno if "no's" play a role while a game is in Greenlight (tbh i think it has to do with the number of people that are willing to buy the game) and i m having some good laughs imagining SV's retarded and unprofessional crew and their fans,  have their hands full with creating Steam accounts and voting all day long.
  • ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41

Mortal Online won't get far in trying to get Greenlit... just take a look how they pulled War Z:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/12/the-war-zs-steam-debacle-highlights-need-for-better-player-communication/

And MO is in a constant state of "doesn't fucking work", so I don't see how Valve will let another one like this slip. All it takes is five minutes of Googling to see that the game is useless.

Originally posted by Shyatic

Mortal Online won't get far in trying to get Greenlit... just take a look how they pulled War Z:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/12/the-war-zs-steam-debacle-highlights-need-for-better-player-communication/

And MO is in a constant state of "doesn't fucking work", so I don't see how Valve will let another one like this slip. All it takes is five minutes of Googling to see that the game is useless.

warz isnt free and it wasnt on greenlight, also theres a hell of alot of people who played warz compared to mo. if warz was free to begin with i doubt it would have gotten pulled.

MO is f2p i doubt it will get pulled.

edit- looks like warz wasnt actually removed from steam.

Originally posted by deathshroud

edit- looks like warz wasnt actually removed from steam.

It is under review or something along those lines.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Yes... because comparing a game that cost money and is not providing features to a free to play MMO that has the features they're just bugged is the exact same. You think Steam is going to move a game off because it's "bugged"? If that is the case, why was Darkfall greenlit? For them it became so bad they had to cancel two release dates and force an immediate pay2play beta under NDA to prevent the community lashing out.

Originally posted by Celusios

Yes... because comparing a game that cost money and is not providing features to a free to play MMO that has the features they're just bugged is the exact same. You think Steam is going to move a game off because it's "bugged"? If that is the case, why was Darkfall greenlit? For them it became so bad they had to cancel two release dates and force an immediate pay2play beta under NDA to prevent the community lashing out.

To be fair though, you are comparing 2 new games to a game (Mortal Online) that has been released for 2.5 years...  if you want to talk about delayed releases you should look up what StarVault did back in 2009.

That said, both DF:UW and WarZ are probably is poor condition and should have been held back longer.  I have always said that we as consumers have lowered the bar of acceptability far too low.  We need to stop accepting shovelware and false promises just because we "hope" a game becomes what we want some years down the line.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162

To be fair though, you are comparing 2 new games to a game (Mortal Online) that has been released for 2.5 years...  if you want to talk about delayed releases you should look up what StarVault did back in 2009.

That said, both DF:UW and WarZ are probably is poor condition and should have been held back longer.  I have always said that we as consumers have lowered the bar of acceptability far too low.  We need to stop accepting shovelware and false promises just because we "hope" a game becomes what we want some years down the line.

Much agreed, in the case of ALL games.  You have guys here defending MO, but over there giving DF the same shit for stuff SV did already.  I'm not going to say one company is better then the other, but as gamers, we really need to demand more from companies.  Only time I did not mind it was in the case of dayz, at least that was marketed as an alpha.

Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

Much agreed, in the case of ALL games.  You have guys here defending MO, but over there giving DF the same shit for stuff SV did already.  I'm not going to say one company is better then the other, but as gamers, we really need to demand more from companies.  Only time I did not mind it was in the case of dayz, at least that was marketed as an alpha.

its free and its an indie company, its hardly comparable to a game that they are charging you for without chance of even a trial.

I just said gamers need to be harder on games in general. Games have gone to shit and we as consumers are too forgiving overall. As far as MO goes, no, it isn't free. They charge you for the client and it is still a sub based game. I've spent more on MO then other AAA titles. It does have an extended trial though. But no, it isn't free 2 play. If that is the case, then wow is f2p as well.

I also care little for the size of the company excuse. My larger issues with SV have always been from a customer service and professionalism standpoint and I've seen many indie developers do a better job in these regards.
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

its free and its an indie company, its hardly comparable to a game that they are charging you for without chance of even a trial.

MO went F2P just recently, so I don't think it can be used as an argument, not to mention that their "f2p" is just an endless trial. I also think DF still has that one dollar trial (which imho is a better system for a "sandbox" than completely free trial)?

Just for the latest laugh:

Paratus made a post about how they don't censor comments on Greenlight.  People started to leave comments in the discussion section pointing out how wrong he was.   He even responded to some of them.

Shortly after, he has deleted his entire "we don't censor" thread... and reposted a new one which is now locked to comments.

Priceless.  He censored his own "We don't censor" thread.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

It's amazing, after all this time you guys are still going full force.

You're still hung up on business mistakes made by a totally new, small and inexperienced company. I'd like to see you start a business, and then somehow take the plunge directly into the very deep end suddenly having to deal with tens of thousands of customers, if not hundreds of thousands, and then come back here and report on how you did it all without making a single mistake.

To be honest, I don't think you would even make it as far as the thousands of customers part.

My advice to you is, grow some perspective.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Just for the latest laugh:

Paratus made a post about how they don't censor comments on Greenlight.  People started to leave comments in the discussion section pointing out how wrong he was.   He even responded to some of them.

Shortly after, he has deleted his entire "we don't censor" thread... and reposted a new one which is now locked to comments.

Priceless.  He censored his own "We don't censor" thread.

Yeah, I posted beseeching people to research this game before greenlighting it and gave my experience with SV and MO and it was insta deleted lol. Didn't even stay up 60 seconds. They are pushing hard to get the greenlight for MO. Sadly they are trying to pass MO off as a Beta instead of a failed pay to play from 2010. 

"@Kevy21 Grow the hell up. Your grammar hurts my eyes. You have to understand this is a game in early stages of development and not completed in any way shape or form. You obviously have never beta tested anything before. Also, about your lag problem, yeah its probably your "epic" computer."

This is extremely sad... 

Originally posted by Gwahlur

It's amazing, after all this time you guys are still going full force.

You're still hung up on business mistakes made by a totally new, small and inexperienced company. I'd like to see you start a business, and then somehow take the plunge directly into the very deep end suddenly having to deal with tens of thousands of customers, if not hundreds of thousands, and then come back here and report on how you did it all without making a single mistake.

To be honest, I don't think you would even make it as far as the thousands of customers part.

My advice to you is, grow some perspective.

Or you could be like other indie developers, open and honest instead of sweeping thing after thing under the rug, lying about features and plans.

Lol Paratus is so cute with his "We've got no GM corruption because I've said so" attitude, attempting damage control and censorship. 
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Lol Paratus is so cute with his "We've got no GM corruption because I've said so" attitude, attempting damage control and censorship. 

Send project greenlight an Email detailing all the shady and shody business practices. Screen Shots, SV's responses, links to videos, the whole shebang. Doesn't take much work either lol. The whole sorted history is an easy copy and paste from numerous sites. With the whole WarZ fiasco, they are fairly likely to listen. 

Hell, I sent steam an email of when discorda account got stolen and the guy had access to people's information. :p
  • JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I've voted yes for Greenlight. There is a lot of hate going around for various games and there isn't any need for it. There is constructive criticism and there is hate.  Go off and play something else and don't reply to those game forums if you have that much hate for it and the developers, simple.