Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EoC - The End..

2»

Comments

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Factually?  Facts are the number of people cancelling their memberships, the number of website hits, the number of bots in the game.. Not say " lets go look at the high score list".

It can be considered a matter of taste as to whether or not you like the update as a whole, but whether or not it is good for the health of the game long term is not really an opinion, it can be backed up with  actual data. When you  have a great number of people cancelling their memberships, leaving the game, and not having new players come and stay,  all you have to do is take a look at what those players are telling you, and the data sheets  to determine whether or not it was a hit or miss.

When you tell me that you disagree, but do not specify what you disagree with, of course I am going to ask you to clarify it.

You can choose not to clarify it,  and leave it at that, but of course I would ask you to simply because I want to better understand your perspective on the issue. 

Clarify what? I said the game is still in the top subscription numbers - never whether or not the game is losing or gaining subs. There's nothing more to clarify about that. Your making something out of nothing, there's no argument here. 

The only hard data we have to go by whether or not EoC is hurting or helping the game anyways is the amount of players logged in. But the few weeks before EoC the game was lucky to break 100k concurrent users. I see it over that every night now. The forum reaction is definetly not hard data - if you think so you don't know what "hard data" means - and we have to wait a month at least to see how it affects memberships. If anything though, it didn't hurt or help the game concurrent player wise in a really noticeable way.

But again, no argument here. Your fighting a worthless battle when I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. Your dragging it on for nothing.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Draron

Factually?  Facts are the number of people cancelling their memberships, the number of website hits, the number of bots in the game.. Not say " lets go look at the high score list".

It can be considered a matter of taste as to whether or not you like the update as a whole, but whether or not it is good for the health of the game long term is not really an opinion, it can be backed up with  actual data. When you  have a great number of people cancelling their memberships, leaving the game, and not having new players come and stay,  all you have to do is take a look at what those players are telling you, and the data sheets  to determine whether or not it was a hit or miss.

When you tell me that you disagree, but do not specify what you disagree with, of course I am going to ask you to clarify it.

You can choose not to clarify it,  and leave it at that, but of course I would ask you to simply because I want to better understand your perspective on the issue. 

Clarify what? I said the game is still in the top subscription numbers - never whether or not the game is losing or gaining subs. There's nothing more to clarify about that. Your making something out of nothing, there's no argument here. 

The only hard data we have to go by whether or not EoC is hurting or helping the game anyways is the amount of players logged in. But the few weeks before EoC the game was lucky to break 100k concurrent users. I see it over that every night now. The forum reaction is definetly not hard data - if you think so you don't know what "hard data" means - and we have to wait a month at least to see how it affects memberships. If anything though, it didn't hurt or help the game concurrent player wise in a really noticeable way.

But again, no argument here. Your fighting a worthless battle when I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. Your dragging it on for nothing.

Anyhow, Have you seen the EoC bot videos flooding You tube? It is like they had some kind of competition between the bot makers to get their bots up and running first. They were back day one in mass.  The dung bots appear to be pretty popular.

Their forums are indicative as to what is going on when you have entire clans posting they are leaving in mass, listing hundreds of members at a time, in combination with website data showing a decline in numbers.  If you have been monitoring their forums since it went into beta, you would also see a rise in players saying they are done with the game over the Eoc, and when you put that together with the website data, and the new EoC bot programs, you can see that it is not the bots that are leaving, it is the players. When you kill one bot they just make a dozen to replace it with. That is just how it has always been.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Draron

Anyhow, Have you seen the EoC bot videos flooding You tube? It is like they had some kind of competition between the bot makers to get their bots up and running first. They were back day one in mass.  The dung bots appear to be pretty popular.

Their forums are indicative as to what is going on when you have entire clans posting they are leaving in mass, listing hundreds of members at a time, in combination with website data showing a decline in numbers.  If you have been monitoring their forums since it went into beta, you would also see a rise in players saying they are done with the game over the Eoc, and when you put that together with the website data, and the new EoC bot programs, you can see that it is not the bots that are leaving, it is the players. When you kill one bot they just make a dozen to replace it with. That is just how it has always been.

Since this has reduced to nothing more than running in circles I'll bow out and end it here. I've said all I needed to - no need to repeat myself.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    What's with the red tex...oh, it's an affectation.  Carry on.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

Ruenscape had potential back in the day. Jagex built it into a ridiculously popular money making mmorpg at the cost of the game's heart. Of course I question if the game ever had heart consider the dictator like creators. Alot of us players that have been around since the beginning kept giving it a chance, but we should all know better. You especially Devil, shame on you for going back to Runescat. Just let it go...and you'll feel much better.

• SkaldirSkaldir Member UncommonPosts: 48

Really silly to read how 'veteran' players are getting all upset over the update, quitting after X many years.
    Change is part of life and everywhere I go on the internet where a major change occurs people say they can't live by it the first few weeks but ultimately come back again.
    I think the EoC is a great update that got rid of the dull click and wait combat and that actually made ranged and magic viable again to restore the combat triangle. The hotbar has brought lots of convenience to me, both for combat and non-combat.