Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Report and Status Update Dec 18th 9.06pm

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=341271

The following has been posted in the Beta forum, also cross-posted here for informational purposes regarding the status of the beta:

First of all, we feel the need to thank you all for an impressive effort at providing us with feedback. This is a testament to the Darkfall community – the maturity with which you have approached this beta so far is close to professional, we recall a similar experience during the original Darkfall Online beta test. We think this is awesome, and we really appreciate everything. 

So here’s some initial information: 

Things are running slower than normal, due to the severe traffic and due to the debug nature of the build. Also, since we put the build together hastily without enough testing, issues have surfaced that we are now dealing with. 

We did bring down the NA server for a few hours to investigate and fix an issue. On the other hand, so far the debug beta build has been remarkably stable; there hasn't been a single crash on either of the two servers, even with all the hammering. I mention this only because it’s a very good omen for the entire beta phase. 

We’re putting out a patch tonight to address a bug which makes players stay in the world after they've timed out or crashed, and this kept them from returning to the game. This should improve the queuing issues as well, we think significantly. There will still be queuing, due to the extremely high number of players trying to enter the game at the same time but we hope this improves considerably after the patch and in the next couple of days. 

The patch will also address a few more issues like a missing area that wasn't being loaded by the game, and it’s adding more tools so that we can get more feedback from the game itself in order to be able to proactively fix things as quickly as possible. There are also some lobby bugs being addressed and other fixes we can squeeze in. 

We’re also fixing the login server now that we have the data from the last 12 hours, and this should also speed things up considerably. The NetSSL error some people have been experiencing can be fixed by the solution posted here:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975858

We've been working round the clock, and we’ll continue doing so. We've collected and codified all of your feedback and this has been prioritized and is being addressed as we speak. We have a good capacity for dealing with all the issues and we feel we’ll be able to quickly get the game into good shape. 

So far we've been collecting and processing the data so you haven’t been getting much feedback, we’re going to start communicating with high frequency so we can have some interaction, and this should help very much in our effort to improve the user experience. We will also issue a daily report at around this time every day and we’re working on collecting all known issues into one post, this should happen tomorrow. 

We've also noticed a lot of good suggestions mixed in with the bug reporting, so we’re putting up a suggestions forum so that we can separate these and start a cleaner discussion. 

That’s all for now, we’ll keep you updated on a regular basis. Please keep up the good work, we’re counting on it and we’ll keep doing everything in our power to address your issues as quickly as possible. 

This will also be posted in the public forum to serve as an update for those wondering what's happening, this will not be the case with most status reports, we need to be able to discuss the issues in as much detail as possible. 

Thank you for reading.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
Subscription = Actual content updates!

Comments

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Thanks for posting this, I don't really visit forumfall much, so good to see it here. People can say what they want about AV and Darkfall etc, but I can appreciate the honesty in that post and they admit there are issues, no one is being mislead or lied to.

I haven't been able to get in yet, but I am certainly not losing any sleep over it, not sorry i pre-ordered either. 

Keep up the great work AV!

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

I've downloaded 3 new game launchers versions so far and the only thing i'm getting are either rediculous ques (in the 10s of thousands) or "server is not responding, will try again" error message....i have yet to actually get into the game...

so far i'm incredibly unimpressed. to ask people to pre-pay for this is just wrong.

If you can't handle over a certain ammount of people on your beta servers than cap the damn beta and tell everyone else "sorry we have reached our beta limit". dont take people's money and promise them beta access and when you know you can't deliver. Shady Av just will never learn, and they continue to piss people off.  

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

Dont know why you're so upset with AV. No one forced you to pre-purchase. It's beta... you should expect problems, especially the first few weeks of it, and honestly, the whole beta you should expect issues :P It's beta!

• bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180
    cool
  • echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

I've downloaded 3 new game launchers versions so far and the only thing i'm getting are either rediculous ques (in the 10s of thousands) or "server is not responding, will try again" error message....i have yet to actually get into the game...

so far i'm incredibly unimpressed. to ask people to pre-pay for this is just wrong.

If you can't handle over a certain ammount of people on your beta servers than cap the damn beta and tell everyone else "sorry we have reached our beta limit". dont take people's money and promise them beta access and when you know you can't deliver. Shady Av just will never learn, and they continue to piss people off.  

Dude - just log into Black Ops and blow some stuff up - you'll feel better and in a couple of days AV will get things working (I promise)

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    a couple of clanies are in now saying that some major bugs are fixed. things are improving daily. but yeh give it a few days and it should work out
  • tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

I hate waiting when I want to play a game badly, however, maybe it's just my imagination, but when I finally did play, it may the inital gameplay sweeter.  

The game is like sex and waiting to get in is kinda like foreplay, long long foreplay, but foreplay nonetheless.  When your game is up and running, well you know what part of sex that will be.    

It will be up eventually, hope you guys have a blast!!!

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

I understand your frustration i really do. I myself was getting frustrated with not being able to log in, but I just went and did something else, in my case i went to spray my roses and mow the lawns etc. As I stated in my earlier post I am confident AV will pull through on this. In their update post they have been totally honest and I don't feel they're covering anything up at all. When the going gets tough and frustrating, simply just log off and do something else. It's not like you pre-ordered not knowing this would be a beta.

Regards

Manaia

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

looks more like an alpha version than a beta.

just saying....

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

The real problem is that mmo companies still get away with alpha stage games like this. People complain but throw money at them anyways.

the apologists that always defend poor companies for misleading and blatant lies do not help either in this situation in gaming industry.

• kingotnwkingotnw Member UncommonPosts: 103

Wow... Good lord I am glad I didn't preorder this game. I have been sitting on it for a while now, and I was about to pull the trigger yesterday but got caught up in some things and had to leave . Then again this morning I was about to preorder it so I could get into the beta, but then I decided to come onto the forums here to see what's what. I never got past trial stage in the first Darkfall, so I have nothing to compare it with launch-wise, but since they have tried to launch the game a couple of times over the past few weeks and failed, I would say that would qualify as the worst launch ever. At least the other companies managed to get product out the door.

At any rate... I still intend to purchase this game at some point and give it a shot, as all the videos of it I am seeing look like the gameplay is a lot of fun. I just think I will skip on the preordering business, and wait until there is an actual finished product for me to play. I realize the nature of the MMORPG industry means companies can launch games in states like this and players just deal with it. However I am just about on the edge of saying screw it and not playing any MMORPG until EQnext comes out in a million years, because quite honestly I don't know if my love for the genre can handle more than one or two more total failures of a game.

Seeing the sorry state themepark games have become, reduced down to even narrow minded and linear games even for the sub-genre, i'm just afraid if I purchase a game that completly blows, or is broken beyond belief, that it will kill the entire MMORPG genre off for me for good.

Again... I'm not saying anything bad persay about DFUW, as I have no frame of reference and have not played the game. I am just really afraid about paying money to play a game in a crappy state and having it sour me for good on, at best, the game in and of itself alone.