Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Pvp IMO

nowrnvrnowrnvr Member UncommonPosts: 42
I played eq1 for 3.5 years and tried various other games out there... list including lineage 2 /wow/eq2/and Daoc and i hope that Vanguard has a simular pvp system to DAOC this it was the best i have seen ... just curious what other pvp games others have liked ? image

Comments

• nowrnvrnowrnvr Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Surely there is more than 6 ppl who enjoy pvp hehe .. lets here some replys even if your choice isnt listed =D
  • n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

DAoC has the best PvP system out there.

If you want a new game with the DAoC system, keep an eye on Warhammer. Vanguard looks to be a nice, hardcore PvE game, but they will likely have some PvE servers.

image image

• WoolygimpWoolygimp Member Posts: 3

Your a damn fool if you think DAOC was even close to anything resembling a PVP game. You kill someone and do a /laugh on their grave and they lose nothing. Lame.

The true kings of PVP as most will tell you are Ultima Online ( Pre Ren. ) and Asheron's Call Darktide.

In UO when you got your ass kicked you dropped everything. Games like DAOC and WOW are nothing but PVE games "disguised" as PVP games.

In SWG i had the first Jedi on my server, PVP ? pff...the game sucked.
    In WoW i had the first level 60 priest on any of the servers, the game blew even more. Especially since in WoW there is absolutely no death penalty whatsoever.

For PVP to exist there has to be a penalty for sucking. Not a 5 second run back to your corpse.

Hopefully EQ2 will implement the PVP servers soon, that game might have promise.

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805

For starters I hate PvP. It's just another exscuse for pre-teen griefers with issues to ruin the game for others. Just because I cant dedicate 10 hours a day to a game doesnt mean I should always get stomped by those that do. Another problem with PvP is that people never remain in role. I mean if I'm an Elf I shouldn't get jumped by another Elf the minute I leave town. It's just plain nonsense.

Now I'm a strong believer in RvR. If I'm an Elf and I stumble upon an Orc player then it makes sense that he attack me. DAoC really shines in the RvR catagory.

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

call me crazy but i liked eq1's pvp servers hehe, i liked how there was honor in pvp. but why must someone have to lose items for pvp to be meaningfull? i dont get that....i know its a griefer thing ::::12::

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    I liked UO pvp. Losing items was just something that made it so that you had something to lose. To stare death in the face and laugh. Even though winning sometimes meant having the better computer, connection or macros.

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805
      I have a question for the fans of PvP. Why do so many of you hate it when a game dedicates certian servers PvP as opposed to the entire game?

because then the grievers cant ruin everyones playing time, only people that chose to ::::28::

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Items are easily replaced, so I've never felt any excitement over the possibility of lossing my l337 gear. ::::31::

What I prefer is dynamic zone control.

Eitherway, I think it's extremely short sighted these days when a company implements purely PvE or PvP games. You end up allienating playerbases for no reason. Companies, like Blizzard and SOE, have done a good job in the past by having varied server structures.

I was thinking of getting into EQ2, but I think I'll wait to see how Vanguard turns out.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

WoW has proven to have the best breath and depth and variety of a PvP system in any mmo/mmorpg to date...Blizzards model is the one that has to be beat.

• skeeter_rossskeeter_ross Member Posts: 29
    i hate when people bitch about PVP!  its there cuz its more fun than curb stomping the same ol mob over and over again.  if u get griefed, tough titty.  suck it up and go back to ur gay little story mission u were trying to do in the first place.  one last thing, why pay 15 bucks a month to do gay missions for some damned npc?

Originally posted by skeeter_ross
    i hate when people bitch about PVP!  its there cuz its more fun than curb stomping the same ol mob over and over again.  if u get griefed, tough titty.  suck it up and go back to ur gay little story mission u were trying to do in the first place.  one last thing, why pay 15 bucks a month to do gay missions for some damned npc?

its 2:23 am shouldnt you be in bed kid? im sorry because a little 14 year old thinks mmo's are about pvp we should all change and think like you? no thanks!

• skeeter_rossskeeter_ross Member Posts: 29

Oh, there goes the name calling...

Angerr, dont assume im some 14 yr old kid up past my bedtime.  I work the graveyard shift and there happens to be a computer where i work, so i jump on here to past the time.  But my post makes me some teenage kid posting my opinion past my bedtime, whatever same to you.

Now my point about pvp is this, dont buy a game that has pvp if u dont wanna get ganked.  Its as simple as that.  Carebear players stick to carebear games.  If u absolutely hate when someone like me is playing the way i want to with my 15$ a month subscription coming up and sticking a sword in ur fucking head, then dont play the game.

EQ2 is a great game, for playing carebear.  SWG is a good PvP when there is actually PvP, lame on content tho.  Upcoming CoV is gonna have great, just great PvP, and the little gay content for the carebears.  Shadowbane, simple awesome PvP, lame ass content.  the list goes on.

When u hear that a game has PvP, dont get mad and start bitching about "i want to play this game but i dont wanna get ganked, can there be a seprate server for us non PvPers?"  Quite frankly thats asking alot for the little amount we pay for games.  If they open up one, Great have ur fun killing mob after mob.  But dont down me for playing the game for the reason i want to.  I like having a challenge, not killing the same ol gurk or orc over and over again.

Thats why someone like me stays away from the carebear games, its as easy as that.  But i still dont see how stressing my opinion makes me 14 and want to brainwash everybody.

Lastly, lets break down MMORPG

Massive = Huge

Multiplayer = alot of players

Online = on the internet

ROLEPLAYING = assuming a job or title that the player wants to (ie, if i wanna come gank ur ass, or if u just wanna get into the lore)

Game = duh!

All pretty simple to understand right?  It seems that most of you dont understand it but thats you.

As for Angerr, just some lame ass carebear who cant hack an opponent that thinks...

Originally posted by skeeter_ross
    Oh, there goes the name calling...
    Angerr, dont assume im some 14 yr old kid up past my bedtime.  I work the graveyard shift and there happens to be a computer where i work, so i jump on here to past the time.  But my post makes me some teenage kid posting my opinion past my bedtime, whatever same to you.
    Now my point about pvp is this, dont buy a game that has pvp if u dont wanna get ganked.  Its as simple as that.  Carebear players stick to carebear games.  If u absolutely hate when someone like me is playing the way i want to with my 15$ a month subscription coming up and sticking a sword in ur fucking head, then dont play the game.
    EQ2 is a great game, for playing carebear.  SWG is a good PvP when there is actually PvP, lame on content tho.  Upcoming CoV is gonna have great, just great PvP, and the little gay content for the carebears.  Shadowbane, simple awesome PvP, lame ass content.  the list goes on.
    When u hear that a game has PvP, dont get mad and start bitching about "i want to play this game but i dont wanna get ganked, can there be a seprate server for us non PvPers?"  Quite frankly thats asking alot for the little amount we pay for games.  If they open up one, Great have ur fun killing mob after mob.  But dont down me for playing the game for the reason i want to.  I like having a challenge, not killing the same ol gurk or orc over and over again.
    Thats why someone like me stays away from the carebear games, its as easy as that.  But i still dont see how stressing my opinion makes me 14 and want to brainwash everybody.
    Lastly, lets break down MMORPG
    Massive = Huge
    Multiplayer = alot of players
    Online = on the internet
    ROLEPLAYING = assuming a job or title that the player wants to (ie, if i wanna come gank ur ass, or if u just wanna get into the lore)
    Game = duh!
    All pretty simple to understand right?  It seems that most of you dont understand it but thats you.
    As for Angerr, just some lame ass carebear who cant hack an opponent that thinks...

if your not 14 then you might wanna change your account settings heh

i assumed you were 14 because your profile says so.... LOL idiot!

judging by your maturilty level im sure you are 14......

oh ya and hey moron? when did i ever say i didnt like pvp?

makes alot of sence for you to flame about pvp on a vanguard forum, vanguard is a pve game they dont need to whine about pvp here.

you have no clue what a rpg is kid..... quote: "ROLEPLAYING = assuming a job or title that the player wants to (ie, if i wanna come gank ur ass, or if u just wanna get into the lore)"

haha like i said you have no damn clue! ::::28::

p.s. i am from omaha dork, dont piss me off or i will pay you a visit ::::40:: (j/k)

lol you changed it to 20....lets just hope you act 20 now..

• DerekeenDerekeen Member Posts: 45
    PvE servers for those who want to be "carebears" and the PvP server for Sir Gankalot over here.  Honestly, why are freaking out about not getting to gank people on every single server?  Find the one that fits your playstyle and just be happy about it.  Do you get off on ruining the experiences of others or are you just more selfish then your basic two-year-old?
  • LycnasLycnas Member Posts: 11

I don't think pvp is going to be a valid part of this game. There are no sides. There is no logical position in which to kill someone. If there is going to be Pvp I'm sure there will seperate servers becuse no one want to see mr. huggy's head ripped of and some deranged rogue type character spit down his thoat while stomp on you mutilted corpse.

Originally posted by Lycnas
    I don't think pvp is going to be a valid part of this game. There are no sides. There is no logical position in which to kill someone. If there is going to be Pvp I'm sure there will seperate servers becuse no one want to see mr. huggy's head ripped of and some deranged rogue type character spit down his thoat while stomp on you mutilted corpse.

they can make sides(teams) just like they did in eq1, or just have ffa servers....