Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have high hopes for this game

As a mmo gamer that is looking for something new other than Wow or "Wow clones", I found out about this game a year or so ago through a link from a poster in the SWG forum on this mmorpg.com and quickly became interested in Repop. I signed up for the alpha test form a few months later and registered an account on the official site. When they started the Kickstarter campaign last summer, I pledged the $250 level to help the games funding.

I have been really hoping for something different, I'm sure I am not the only one getting tired of elfs, gnomes, swords, paladins-type setting and would like a different setting like space sci-fi. With SWG closed, and SWTOR falling flat, this could be what alot of gamers are looking for. Hopefully, general Beta will start early next year and anyone who pledged earlier in the summer will get garaunteed access. It is hard to say, though, how wide-spread this game will go, I hope it has at least a moderate success. Hopefully A&B Technologies will be able to do a web-based ad campaign to get more awareness of this game.

Tbe Repopulation will be what SWTOR shouldve been.

Comments

• CreepProphetCreepProphet Member Posts: 104

I'm a fellow backer too, post kickstarter.

I get the newsletter whenever the monthly change list is posted on the website. I usually see the change list up on MMORPG.com at about the same time.

The guys are getting the word out there, but right now there's a lot of words to compete with. Secret World going B2P, SWToR going F2P, Planetside2, Wurm, there's a LOT of news bouncing around the game world.

That kind of thing is hard to compete with when you've got a game to build.

In the meantime, all of us backers, enthusiasts and Repoplation fans can get the word out. I bet we can raise a little hype ourselves. 

• Skymaster123Skymaster123 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Paddyspub
     I'm sure I am not the only one getting tired of elfs, gnomes, swords, paladins-type setting and would like a different setting like space sci-fi. With SWG closed, and SWTOR falling flat, this could be what alot of gamers are looking for. 

Many of us are getting tired of the themepark ride also.

This looks like it will be a big success... at least for those looking for a sandbox style sci fi mmo.

I'm a backer and getting excited more and more as ime goes by.  image

• little_fazlittle_faz Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I found out about this after the Kickstarter and am looking forward to it as are some of my old guildies from SWG. 
  • TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    honestly this game does in a way seem like SWG 2.0 and frankly SWG was the only MMO i have played like ever that had a real social community around the cantina's. I really want this game to do well
  • theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102
    New screen shot of hero 2.0 looks amazing!!! hope to see the video soon
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by theoneandonly

I didn't realise there was an end of December update until I saw this. I could have sworn I normally get an email when there's a new update or did I imagine it?

• KaylettaJadeKaylettaJade Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Originally posted by reaperuk

I didn't realise there was an end of December update until I saw this. I could have sworn I normally get an email when there's a new update or did I imagine it?

There was an email. Check your spam folder.

• RocSekRocSek Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by KaylettaJade
    Originally posted by reaperuk

There was an email. Check your spam folder.

I got one, but it was though kickstarter and not from therepopulation.net. That might be the issue.

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

• Oh.no.U_OOh.no.U_O Member UncommonPosts: 30

I've been keeping an eye on this game for awhile now after finding it through a swg mmorpg post also. I have extremely high hopes for the game but feel it will suceed in providing the majority of them. I love the housing system and if it offers anywhere near the amount of customization as swg did I'll be happy. After just looking at the faq section of their site I also found a ton of stuff I hadn't even know about the game. I didn't know they were going to have a skill system with a wealth of skills all of which you can learn over time.  I like this system because I don't enjoy grinding to max level just to have to do it all over again to fill another role. I like the idea that I can be practically whatever I want to be on a single character.  I like that I can be a crafter and combat toon all in one and even saw that they plan an entertainer set of skills which sounds alot like the entertainer in swg.  I enjoyed having many options of things I could do at any specific time and not always have to resort to questing...pvping...or a dungeon/raid of some sort, theres much more out there to be had.

Another system I saw them talking about that peaked my anxiousness even higher was the engagement system. To me this sounds alot like rift in how they did it but a little different and with much more options in how its done...including pvp engagements.  My first tast of this was probably in warhammer online but it wasn't anything special when I encountered it. My first real enjoyable experience of it was in rift, I loved taking a nice break from questing and run around doing rifts...though they were all pretty much the same I actually levelled a good way through the game doing the rift encounters.

All in all I'm really looking forward to this game and the only other thing I could hope to hear about it is an expected release date but either way I'll definitely be getting it when it does release and expect it will be just as much as I hoped for.

Currently Playing: Age of Conan

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Wow! You actually paid THEM money to develop the game? I hope you get some kind of backend for that like most investors do. I'd have high hopes for the game too. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Wow! You actually paid THEM money to develop the game? I hope you get some kind of backend for that like most investors do. I'd have high hopes for the game too. 

Donations =/= investment

purchasing product =/= investment

investment makes you part owner in the returns generated. which is why theres always a minimum amount needed to actually  invest in a game, or the just call it a donation and its free money to them (though a good donation comapaign can help them secure the real investment needed)