Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cant really say~~

I cant really say that this game is gonna be awesome.

until I try out the bete test.

man look how Matrix online is doing. some ppl may like the game but it's not as successful as we all expected in the beginning. It was Matrix for dam sake~!!!! imageimage

so I wouldnt really say or tell how good this game is gonna be...

Comments

• SlagggSlaggg Member Posts: 221

Well of course not. One thing a lot of people forget is that whether or not a game is awesome or crappy is largely subjective. So many put up a statement, which amounts to nothing but an opinion, and expect others to take it as fact. It just doesn't work that way.

No prob with withholding your own judgement. Rather respectable.

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me...Blow."--Ash, "Army of Darkness"

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805
      Man I remember when I first heard there was going to be a Matrix mmo I went nuts. I loved the Matrix. But when it released my computer burned up and I didnt get a chance to buy and play it. Well now that I have a gaming beast I'm sorta happy I didnt buy the Matrix. I'm getting alot of mixed reviews about it.

I felt the same way.  Matrix rocked my world when it came out.  When heard about the MMO, I ablout split my pants.

Then I got to thinking about it.  Making an MMO in a modern-ish urban environment is tough to do.  Especially without a strong arc.  While the Matrix world is pretty vibrant, there's not much left in the way of story after the flicks.  Fantasy is so much more attuned to RPGing because of the whole idea of the Quest.  In an Urban environ, it just boils down to a bunch of missions, which gets tedious.

Then I heard about the MxO dev's doing Live Events to further a story line and that did me in.  What happens if you miss a live event or two?  You're pretty much assed out then.

But with LOTRO, there's a hugely Epic story, with so many different possible permutations and side stories to be told.  That's the makings of a rich experience.

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me...Blow."--Ash, "Army of Darkness"

• cromulentcromulent Member Posts: 20

The FIRST matix movie was very cool but the second two were very meh...They basically saw how well The Fellowship of the Ring was doing and saw that they had already filmed the two sequels and decided to rush two sequals of their own into production. In fact my girlfriend and I walked out of the second film and never saw the third.

Originally posted by cromulent

The FIRST matix movie was very cool but the second two were very meh...They basically saw how well The Fellowship of the Ring was doing and saw that they had already filmed the two sequels and decided to rush two sequals of their own into production. In fact my girlfriend and I walked out of the second film and never saw the third.

Exactly! The first movie was a dynamite. The second movie was crap. The third I'm glad I waited to see for free on TV.

• maddogmikiemaddogmikie Member Posts: 349
    So Im hoping for them to offer some beta testing... before an actual release.

Originally posted by maddogmikie
    So Im hoping for them to offer some beta testing... before an actual release.

Yeah we'll have to wait till next year for that though. image 

• maddogmikiemaddogmikie Member Posts: 349

Originally posted by Darktania

2 month til next year image

Originally posted by maddogmikie

Originally posted by Darktania

2 month til next year image

Heh.  Here's my prediction (I'm feeling a little ESPish this morn):

Beta SIGN-UPS start in Apr 06

BETA starts in June 06

LOTRO Released in Dec 06

Anyone care to put a 5 spot on it?  Or maybe 1g of comparitive LOTRO in-game currency?