Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free to Play limitations???

pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

I'll just transfer here what the main advertisement for the game informs us, as far as the ftp playing limitation during beta:

''Try Age of Wushu for free!

With the start of the beta Dec 20th all registered players can explore the grandeur of Age of Wushu –for free! – on a limited trial basis. 10 hours of free play, with 60 minutes per day after''

Now in my opinion this is way to complex and the minute that most mmos try to make their plans simpler and easier to gather a healthy number of players actually trying their game(even closed beta ones) this quite promising mmo is using a terrible(in my opinion) ftp limitation. I think it would be much better if they'd limit the number of players allowed on beta instead of this.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

I don't think it's as bad as you are making out, it's will take all of the newcomers 10 hours to even figure out the game IMO. How many of them are going to work the cultivatiuon system out or many of the other features the game has.

AOW is not your typical hand holding MMO and especially given that it's a port from china and still has a few minor UI problems, you can't play this game without reading all the info that pops up on your UI. Once they figure it out i think many of them will be hooked and hopefully actually buy the game.

You really think that after 10 hours of play they are going to be happy with 60 mins of play time all through the beta?

I think it's a great system myself.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

...You really think that after 10 hours of play they are going to be happy with 60 mins of play time all through the beta?

I agreed with all of the above you mentioned about UI  etc...But this last phrase of yours i quoted..is exactly my point...

They will NOT be happy with 60 mins of game time after...So they''l quit....Why do you even disagree with me then?

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

This is the free trial that everyone that doesnt want to pay for games clamour for.  people that hate games say they only need a few hours to decide if there gonna like it or not.

everyone can try the game with this model. if you like it buy the delux edition or wait for the game to come out, if you don't you saved yourself some money or you know to move on and not worry about release

I dont really like the idea of how they implemented it but i can see what it could do for them

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I like it

Its like, pre-ordering to receive beta access but with a trial

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    My question would be, what is VIP access? Is it just being able to turn into an NPC when you're off-line, or is there more to it?
    Originally posted by pupurun

...You really think that after 10 hours of play they are going to be happy with 60 mins of play time all through the beta?

I agreed with all of the above you mentioned about UI  etc...But this last phrase of yours i quoted..is exactly my point...

They will NOT be happy with 60 mins of game time after...So they''l quit....Why do you even disagree with me then?

But i don't think they will quit, i think most will actually buy the game because of the attachment to their new characters. Age Of Wushu is an addictive game once you figure it out.

Originally posted by birdycephon
    My question would be, what is VIP access? Is it just being able to turn into an NPC when you're off-line, or is there more to it?

Turning onto anm NPC is all well and good but it comes with it's risk lol, you might find yourself in a completely different area of the world than you logged off in.

You can be kidnapped while offline.

Turning onto anm NPC is all well and good but it comes with it's risk lol, you might find yourself in a completely different area of the world than you logged off in.

Exactly, so whouldn't that kinda turn people off from paying a sub?

Here..

http://ageofwushu.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Wushu_Deluxe_Edition_(Package)

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

no need to quit they can wait till release

as for VIP

You get more exp

You can lvl/work (gain tradeable currency)/ open stall offline

You gain 100% at one 25turns team practice

more stall and warehouse space

can use skills while playing on zither, can use divination

in future You will lvl meridians 5times faster

later there will be special treasures system / after killing mobs boss will spawn, 5 bosses per map each drop 4-5 treasures  non VIP can get treasures only from instances

non VIP gain nontradeable currency only from kidnaping and selling items to others

Here..

http://ageofwushu.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Wushu_Deluxe_Edition_(Package)

Ah, thanks. That explains is for me.

No more than being beheaded for your crimes or ending up in prison.

Age Of Wushu has public beheadings and a prison system lol.

its not conencted with kidnapping, for kidnapping You will only get punishment points/depends from clan, 100 points and when You enter clan territory You will have cutscene where clan leader will do lil chat get whiped a bit and sit for 130min if I remember correct or maybe 140:P

No more than being beheaded for your crimes or ending up in prison.

Age Of Wushu has public beheadings and a prison system lol.

So is there perma-death?

no, Your stats will be decreased by 50% for 1 day