Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P Improvements

stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Apparently, the folks over at Funcom are trying to make their F2P offer more attractive by alleviating some of its restrictions. Here's the link: http://www.ageofconan.com/news/free_to_play_improvements_and_december_offers

I haven't played AoC in quite a while, but I guess I'll give it a try now.

Comments

• christwoodchristwood Member UncommonPosts: 66

Those changes are great for free players. All classes are now playable.

I was looking for a reason to go back. This is it!

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Funcom... what are you doing?

Trying to tempt me to come back to another of your MMOs after TSW??? Stop it!!!.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Open up Khitai and I will be happy. Open up the whole game and make  money by selling added content like Dragonspine and selling cool items from the cash shop. I subbed for many months, like 2 years or more, seen all the PvE content and I just don't want to sub any longer. I'll pay for new content, no problem, but I can't continue subbing to a game I have been playing for  over 2 years. I've seen it all, I've done it all. I still enjoy droping in on the game, it's a beautiful game, but I'm done with monthly fees just to access the game. Funcom has  to get my money some other way. In other words I'll pay for new content, that is to say expansions and cool items from the cash shop. That's the ticket for getting my money!

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

As a Funcom fan I used to criticize their f2p model (for it's too restrictive and keep out the new / curious players), but these are nice improvements.The two most hindering obstacles were (imo) the close-to-none inventory in the beginning and the 2gold limit (without any option to reach the escrow besides subscription).

The latter is more or less solved, true there's still no cap increase in the store, but a 10 gold limit is enough for a casual player.

Unlocking classes is good in general, AoC has some great classes and now everybody can try them out. (I'd suggest shammy, hox and dt to all for checking, those are really fun). Class restriction was a lame move in the first place anyway :)

Classic dungeons, this unlock is useful mostly to the new arrival players since during the last year there were a few special (free) offers, so existing f2p'ers most likely already have the access to those. And it's also a good move since the classic dungeons are great. (I'm biased though, I love the original content and not much liked Khitai.)

The model is obviously changed for better. If someone can manage the inventory juggling (or buy some slot upgrade from the store), it's now a pretty playable offer. There's a chance it will bring in more new players. Nice one, FC.