Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New donation goal announced 2 new mounts

deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

http://www.mortalonline.com/donations/mounts

With the next donation goal, we'll be bringing back the Mulva beast as a ridable mount as well as a new mount type from Lykia, a breeding system and rebuilt mount control. The fighting system will also be updated with a new thrust mode and lance weapons.

Sebastian is going to revert back to the old control system for mounts. He will also finalize the breeding system; this was planned in our normal schedule. Thanks to generous donors, we will also be able to add the old Mulva, only updated and improved to work with the dynamic mount system and breeding system.

The new mount from Lykia will arrive in Myrland. It will be a part of the dynamic mount system and breeding system, as well. We will introduce thrusting on mounts, including a new lance weapon.

Players will be able to use their player stables to further breed their mounts so that they can become stronger and have a different look. The new pet will take it's DNA from it's parents just as it works in real life. NPC stables can also be used, but they are not able to give bonuses.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Comments

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    So shit that should of been in game ages ago is now tied down to donations?  Sad.
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    This is just laughable.
  • ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41
    The idea that if people pay *more* money in addition to their subscription, they will add features that should be there regardless is not only unethical (par for the course with SV), but it's making idiots of the people paying for the game.
    Yea, it is really sad. It comes across as SV holding features for hostage IMO.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

What is the state of the game.  I'd actually try it, if it were playable now.  Even without the 'mount update.'  I don't know if it is so much as holding feature hostage, as desperation to get new funds.  Not a good situation granted, but that's my take.  As far as the 'should have been in at the beginning' complaint, it grows weary.  Everyone says this or that should have been in at the beginning.  There are some obvious things that should have been in, but if it isn't a core feature, that could be said for any game that adds new content/mechanics.  The assumption is that they were hurting for money, so they went ahead and released an incomplete game.  There was a no win for anyone.  If the company didn't get some funds, the game wouldn't have ever been made (A good thing for many), or they could release and hope for the best (A good thing for a few).  Either way, they weren't going to win that battle.

A shame really, I think it has much of the sandbox qualities that sandboxers want, but just didn't execute the game very well.  My next hope is the Repopulation.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

RIP Mortal Online, I think the grim reaper is closing in.

I self identify as a monkey.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Did I miss something? A sub-game already in release is crowdfunding? Isn't that what the sub is for?

The cake......it has been taken.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    How much is the "goal" they are trying to reach?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

What is the state of the game.  I'd actually try it, if it were playable now.  Even without the 'mount update.'  I don't know if it is so much as holding feature hostage, as desperation to get new funds.  Not a good situation granted, but that's my take.  As far as the 'should have been in at the beginning' complaint, it grows weary.  Everyone says this or that should have been in at the beginning.  There are some obvious things that should have been in, but if it isn't a core feature, that could be said for any game that adds new content/mechanics.  The assumption is that they were hurting for money, so they went ahead and released an incomplete game.  There was a no win for anyone.  If the company didn't get some funds, the game wouldn't have ever been made (A good thing for many), or they could release and hope for the best (A good thing for a few).  Either way, they weren't going to win that battle.

A shame really, I think it has much of the sandbox qualities that sandboxers want, but just didn't execute the game very well.  My next hope is the Repopulation.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

It was an advertised feature for awakening.  Yes, it should of been in.  

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

It was an advertised feature for awakening.  Yes, it should of been in.  

advertised?  Then I apologize, I agree 100% with you.  

I self identify as a monkey.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Am I reading this right?  They create content for the game but won't put it in unless people donate enough money.. What the hell?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Did I miss something? A sub-game already in release is crowdfunding? Isn't that what the sub is for?

They have a dedicated crowd that will foolow them off a cliff - they can tug whatever purse strings they want and their followers won't question a thing. Watching the MO  crowd for the past couple years has been a fascinating experience. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

They have a dedicated crowd that will foolow them off a cliff - they can tug whatever purse strings they want and their followers won't question a thing. Watching the MO  crowd for the past couple years has been a fascinating experience. 

I knew this forum was full of crazies, but I was unaware that the dev studio was as well.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

it wasnt advertised for awakening, it was advertised for dawn which was free.

if they enjoy the game enough to help by donating then more power to them, but i have better things to spend my money and time on.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Pathetic isnt it?

• ShabaleShabale Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Was the "grey walls" content patched in ? I had trouble believing people would give anything on promises alone when the whole scheme came out, but if they're willing to get scammed a second time around, shame on them I guess.
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Yeah, what happened to the first "donation content"?

Did they implement it or did they pull an SV classic - claiming it will come soon, while taking the overhype train to the next station and hoping people will forget the old promises as soon as new carrots are presented?
  • EnergyoEnergyo Member UncommonPosts: 69

So many people with incorrect information only spreading more incorrect information.

First of all, about a few months ago I would have agreed with the line "RIP Mortal Online" but with recent patches the games population has skyrocketed and also the fact that a company would take donations in large number leads me to believe that they arent anywhere close to being finished. 

The idea that SV has already coded the stuff that the donations would bring is absurd. This is something that they plan to outsource to help further the development though I suppose I could be wrong. The donation system is something that some of the community asked for, it's not like they just sprang it upon people and started asking for money. 

The reason some people wanted the donation system is because of the kind of game MO is and the potential it has. If some guy with extra money wants to throw some of his cash on the game because he loves it so much then who cares.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Energyo

So many people with incorrect information only spreading more incorrect information.

The idea that SV has already coded the stuff that the donations would bring is absurd. This is something that they plan to outsource to help further the development though I suppose I could be wrong. The donation system is something that some of the community asked for, it's not like they just sprang it upon people and started asking for money. 

I doubt you have more "correct" information on this matter than anyone else.

Stock price still dropping.
    Game still flopping.

-The Yojimbobimbo
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

First of all, about a few months ago I would have agreed with the line "RIP Mortal Online" but with recent patches the games population has skyrocketed and also the fact that a company would take donations in large number leads me to believe that they arent anywhere close to being finished. 

Firstly, the population went up because they launched a F2P/Freemium model.  Not because of any wonderful patch   Secondly, I cannot follow any path of logic that would lead me to believe that a company is doing GOOD because they asked for donations.  If anything could be inferred from that it would be quite the opposite.

Well, I thought it was well published (over and over again) that right after The Awakening (or was it Dawn, or was it Epic Patch 1 or 2) that they would be focused on magic schools?   Now they are saying that their main programer is going to work on redoing mounts and tie in these two new ones as a "donation goal".  Sounds like the programmer is being pulled from what was promised to people paying a subscription to support what is now promised for donations.

The reason some people wanted the donation system is because of the kind of game MO is and the potential it has. If some guy with extra money wants to throw some of his cash on the game because he loves it so much then who cares.

This I totally agree with.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Firstly, the population went up because they launched a F2P/Freemium model.  Not because of any wonderful patch   Secondly, I cannot follow any path of logic that would lead me to believe that a company is doing GOOD because they asked for donations.  If anything could be inferred from that it would be quite the opposite.

Well, I thought it was well published (over and over again) that right after The Awakening (or was it Dawn, or was it Epic Patch 1 or 2) that they would be focused on magic schools?   Now they are saying that their main programer is going to work on redoing mounts and tie in these two new ones as a "donation goal".  Sounds like the programmer is being pulled from what was promised to people paying a subscription to support what is now promised for donations.

This I totally agree with.

Well with 1 guy doing the coding for the game sytems and 1 guy doing the UI I doubt that you will see many things being accomplished without outsourcing or hiring new programmers. They are focusing on bug fixing and doing things they can do to help the game immeiately. I never said the company is doing good because they are accepting donations. Shit I never said they were doing good at all. I said they arent going anywhere for awhile. They've also said at their state before the 3-4 recent patches that they could go on for another 2 years. How? I don't know. I've also never said stocks were going up etc.

The population is up because of the F2P no shit... lol. But there are quite a few of those guys going premium, but F2P or not the bottom line is the population is up and it is the highest I've seen it in quite awhile. <- that line is not saying the population is great and that there are thousands of players. I'm telling it like it is, the population IS up and the game is at least does not feel like it is empty and you see people in all towns now.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

They've also said at their state before the 3-4 recent patches that they could go on for another 2 years. How? I don't know.

Link please.  Something tells me there is no such link and that is a made up statement.  A simple look at their financials would prove that to be a false statement.  So if they did in fact state that I would love to see it.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

They've also said at their state before the 3-4 recent patches that they could go on for another 2 years. How? I don't know.

Link please.  Something tells me there is no such link and that is a made up statement.  A simple look at their financials would prove that to be a false statement.  So if they did in fact state that I would love to see it.

unoffically they said they would keep the gmae running in their free time still working on it, so its unlikely to close. I beleive mats is already doing this.

Why would I make the fuckin statement up? lol... I don't know how many times on this site I have to make myself clear that I am not a fanboy and that I have been just as critical of MO as anyone else BUT with recent changes I have been enjoying the game again and have seen major improvements.

Just because you don't like the game and you think there's all sorts of conspiracys doesn't mean that other people don't enjoy the game at its current state.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Why would I make the fuckin statement up? lol... I don't know how many times on this site I have to make myself clear that I am not a fanboy and that I have been just as critical of MO as anyone else BUT with recent changes I have been enjoying the game again and have seen major improvements.

Just because you don't like the game and you think there's all sorts of conspiracys doesn't mean that other people don't enjoy the game at its current state.

If you want people to believe you, provide source. Else everything you're saying will be base on opinion or just plain false.