Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I ever get bored with GW2 I might be back

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

As the title says if I ever get bored with GW2 like so many people on this site predict will happen, I think I might come back to AION. I had a level 44 ttemplar and a level 38 spirit master. I enjoyed the gameplay just hated the silly skins. How is the game these days I haven't kept track of it. Did they ever put in player housing that could be attacked and destroyed ? Or was that just all hype that never made it in? Also what level does it go to these days. I liked that it took longer to level in the game. Kinda reminded me of older school games. 

This only really matters IF I get bored with GW2 which I'm loving currently.

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Thats Cybertrucker right? Not Cybertroll? :D

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Not trolling. I did like AION. Curious to see what's happening in it. Why?
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    I don't play WoW anymore but I do keep up with the bigger headlines. I am done with GW2 until a little bit more 80 stuff (which isn't skin hunting) comes out. Playing Natural Selection 2 like a madman atm. Some of the most intense gaming moments from pitched battles.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    i dont know how long it's been since you played, but in a nutshell its a lot easier to level, 3 new classes coming soon, player houseing was put in a while back,(its instanced housing though)  and there's new high level pvp zones in tiamaranta,   had a lot of fun when i went back with 3.0.  will more then likely check it out again when the new classes come out
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

I had always intended to give Aion a go after a few updates; it was obvious at launch that it need more work. I do question their F2P model though. Turbines works on the principle of tempting you to become a subscriber. Aion's seems to work on the idea that you get very little for subscribing before mid to high levels and then you must subscribe to be effective. This seems a strange way to run the cash shop to me.The quality of the character models and ability to change how you look is second to none. I would say AoC has better looking models but you can’t alter them this much. The landscapes are good, but not as good as say Lotro’s. Questing is pretty basic but not “Korean” if you get what I mean, this does seem to be a game made for both east and west markets.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

hi to everyone, i wonder hows the game in population on EU servers - spatalos?
    I really start to miss the game and its pvp was the best i played on the last years, GW2 as it is right now haves no interesting pvp

• VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72

I am done with GW2. Aion , as well as allods, top my list for MMORPG's that I do play. I havent been real deep into the game ,but what I have done has been well balanced and doesn't feel grindy to me.

The character design you go thru is the deepest I have run into, so individual appearance is easy to do. The starting outfits are better than GW2 midgame outfits by a lot.

Amazing how a game this old and now free to play can basically curb-stomp what was billed as the next big thing. More so when you consider both were done under the NCSoft unbrella.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

I played aion from beta to 2.7 and quit. Well I just decided with a couple friends to come back yesterday and it was a good choice. Tons more to do and it was always all of our favorite games. Will I play forever? Probably not but there is nothing really else out there coming out anytime soon. 4.0 with new classes looks amazing. Def going bard. I have always loved dredge and missed it. Overall I am excited to be back. GW2 was utter garbage. The War Z has too many hackers.

Sometimes it is good to leave an MMO and just go back to it when more stuff is added. For me personally this has been one of my favorite MMO's in a long time out of everything I have played with the exception of EQ1. Just gotta get use to my chanter again and start pvping!

The video stats on youtube of people checking out the bard were like 300k. The other classes not so much but 300k maybe 4.0 will bring back some population especially with it being free to play. Who knows. The game is not what it use to be. I remember pre 1.6 owning on my sin til the crit nerf. That was fun. I really really miss rifting. Aion is just pure fun I met a lot of friends I still game with from there so it is like we are going home.

I can only hope that Archeage will be epic and replace Aion for me. I seem to have a thing for korean MMO's I do like them. TERA was fun too just for the combat but it didn't have longevity. Aion has what I like, sieges, pvp, open world pvp, instanced pvp (dredge) the rifts but thats gone. Too bad it didn't do better here. It is a damn shame.

• doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

As the title says if I ever get bored with GW2 like so many people on this site predict will happen, I think I might come back to AION. I had a level 44 ttemplar and a level 38 spirit master. I enjoyed the gameplay just hated the silly skins. How is the game these days I haven't kept track of it. Did they ever put in player housing that could be attacked and destroyed ? Or was that just all hype that never made it in? Also what level does it go to these days. I liked that it took longer to level in the game. Kinda reminded me of older school games. 

This only really matters IF I get bored with GW2 which I'm loving currently.

Right now we have something called the Fast Track server. It was limited to 1-50 but they recently changed it to 55. This means that the same faction from ALL servers, can group and play together, on this server >  which I like alot.  But you cannot mentor on Fast Track, and you cannot trade items between each other. You can use the broker but it will only sell items on your server.

There has been so many changes and we just had a major update where your inventories quest items are now in a new location, and your coins go there also, so you have more room. Sapan I really like and there are alot of new instances and things to do for the much higher levels.

You can level much faster now, with all of the instances and such. The new cap in 4.0 will be 65 (it is now 60).  If you own a home (not a studio), you can do much more with the outside and there are quests for you to help your tiny city of homes grow. Maybe this is for future invasions?

They have the ability to do Construction now, for making items for your home, I like this one. Really alot of changes in the game and while they have an ever expanding Cash Shop, I really only got pack pets from there.... so much is in the game and not too hard to acquire.

The vast amount of crafting is my favorite... you can learn crafting faster on Fast Track in addition.  It is much more fun than ever...  I really like the improvements since it came out in 2009.

Oh I forgot.. they raised the level for Legions and if your Legion is level 5, you can do daily quests that give you a type of coin (not tradable) you can use for gear or even a mount ... (horse with armor).

Really so many changes - hard to know what to pin point.

• doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by Scot

I had always intended to give Aion a go after a few updates; it was obvious at launch that it need more work. I do question their F2P model though. Turbines works on the principle of tempting you to become a subscriber. Aion's seems to work on the idea that you get very little for subscribing before mid to high levels and then you must subscribe to be effective. This seems a strange way to run the cash shop to me.The quality of the character models and ability to change how you look is second to none. I would say AoC has better looking models but you can’t alter them this much. The landscapes are good, but not as good as say Lotro’s. Questing is pretty basic but not “Korean” if you get what I mean, this does seem to be a game made for both east and west markets.

It really had changes alot. Most are beginning on Siel but I like Kahrun (the newest server). The game went F2P back in mid-July and has an amazing amount of new people.

Really fun but so hard to log and not want to do a bit of -everything-.  My higher one is collecting Kahrun symbols and almost 60, but then my smaller ones (46>50) are working on mastering their crafts and my Cleric goes around helping small ones that are trying to do Elite mobs.

My Sorc heads to the areas where the enemy can rift into and guards the smaller ones trying to do quests there.. alot of times we get 10 or so Asmo that rift into Eltnen (one of the fortresses) and then we send folks in and before you know it you have 30 or more people waring...  (more rifters coming in to fight and more of our faction going down to engage them).