Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NA Aion...Actually really enjoying this...

akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

So I played aion in it's early days, it was a struggle, found myself with no motivation because of the amount of grind.

But that''s all changed, I've been playing Aion now for two months,  Im playing a templar.  The first thing I've noticed is the sheer difference in how quick it is to level now compared to before, there are plenty of quests to satisfy your  cravings. If you arn't a fan of open world PvP there is a ''Fast Track Server''  which allows you to go to a ''intergreated'' server, in here you get increased exp and gathering exp, along with the ability to play with friends on other servers, without the constant worry of PvP while levelling (up to level 50 I beleive).

Solo dungeons give you a bit of variation with your levelling tactics which is a nice change,  giving a nice chunk of exp (at the estimated required levels). With some unique dungeon drops, with interesting appearances Ouch?

Costume skins are great to add some customization options to your character with lots and lots of options from different armours, including cross race (Elyos wearing asmo, asmo wearing elyos).

Im not trying to big it up and act like a fan boy (im really not a fan boy)... but I'm just having an all round good experience so far, (level 30). And feel if those people are looking for a quality Free MMO, choose NA Aion.. : D.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Not just the best FTP game on the market but the best Themepark game on the market. Looking foward to 4.0 and the new classes.
  • tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Yeah its a pretty good game if you are into that style im keep coming back for it  for a few years now i just like the world, the lore and the artstyle.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Thanks for the tip of fast track server.  I had a quest to go there and skipped it, figuring it was a PVP entrance.

Enjoying it as well.  Still very new to the game.  So far what impresses me most is how cleanly the engine runs.  WIth the complexity in character art I was expecting a slide show on my antique.  Turns out, it runs quite well.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    definately has it's good points, but has a few bad points too.  Overall, the game was a positive experience and I may pick it up again.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by akathos

So I played aion in it's early days, it was a struggle, found myself with no motivation because of the amount of grind.

But that''s all changed, I've been playing Aion now for two months,  Im playing a templar.  The first thing I've noticed is the sheer difference in how quick it is to level now compared to before, there are plenty of quests to satisfy your  cravings. If you arn't a fan of open world PvP there is a ''Fast Track Server''  which allows you to go to a ''intergreated'' server, in here you get increased exp and gathering exp, along with the ability to play with friends on other servers, without the constant worry of PvP while levelling (up to level 50 I beleive).

Solo dungeons give you a bit of variation with your levelling tactics which is a nice change,  giving a nice chunk of exp (at the estimated required levels). With some unique dungeon drops, with interesting appearances Ouch?

Costume skins are great to add some customization options to your character with lots and lots of options from different armours, including cross race (Elyos wearing asmo, asmo wearing elyos).

Im not trying to big it up and act like a fan boy (im really not a fan boy)... but I'm just having an all round good experience so far, (level 30). And feel if those people are looking for a quality Free MMO, choose NA Aion.. : D.

My problem is - there IS too much to do. Do I log my Chanter and head into Sapan, where my faction and the enemy faction can PvP beside each other - which is a real hoot because some still try to attack me :P

Do I do the house quests? Do I do my legion quests for really cool stuff? Do I work on my cooking? (I love making food > which gives good stats)... or do I just rift to the other side and beat down the other faction (or be chased off).

My biggest thing is I like to play every class, I love Templar but just don't have the patience - since it takes a bit for their best skills to shine. But they are awesome to watch in action.