Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve very slow to respond

emptyballoonemptyballoon Member Posts: 26

I just got a 14 day trial from this site.

When I am was doing th tutorial it seemed a bit slow.  But now I am doing the first set of missions it is really really really slow.  I am typing this will wait for Eve to come back to me after I have accepted the mission...........Ah back now.

So this paragraph is being done while I undock.  Is Eve always this slow?  It looks great, but I don't think I will stay after the 14 days, it is just too frustrating.

Comments

• It can be caused by lots of things but the most likely reason is you are in a hub system. Look at how many people are in the local channel. If there are 200+. There's the cause of your lag. When you've done the tutorial and beginner missions, move about 5-6 jumps to a system with 20 in it. No more lag.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I believe Eve was having connection issues, so some systems has lots of lag, I'm sure they've fixed all these issues by upgrading all their servers though, or they're still trying to.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    I'm not sure why you're comp is being so slow?  do you have a fairly up-to-date comp?  I know mine is mediocre to good, and I have no lag unless its 100+ in a fight.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

I just did the tutorial this morning, wasn't slow at any point. And my computers not that great and I'm using DSL.

• emptyballoonemptyballoon Member Posts: 26

The system that was really slow is called Oursulaert.   There was over 300 people in it.  I then went to Vaere with just over 20 and it was much better.

But then I got sent an important mission, in Oursulaert!  So back to slow, slow, slow.

And when I bought a new frigate, an Incursus, I had to go to Oursulaert to get the modules at the cheapest price.  I can't seem to avoid the place.

Don't think it is my computer, its a DELL XPS 600, 3.2GHz and I use a cable modem at 2Mb/s to connect to the internet.  And anyway why would it be ok when I am in a some systems if it was my computer?

• algorythmalgorythm Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by emptyballoon

The system that was really slow is called Oursulaert.   There was over 300 people in it.  I then went to Vaere with just over 20 and it was much better.
    But then I got sent an important mission, in Oursulaert!  So back to slow, slow, slow.
    And when I bought a new frigate, an Incursus, I had to go to Oursulaert to get the modules at the cheapest price.  I can't seem to avoid the place.
    Don't think it is my computer, its a DELL XPS 600, 3.2GHz and I use a cable modem at 2Mb/s to connect to the internet.  And anyway why would it be ok when I am in a some systems if it was my computer?

No, not your computer. Since last patch, Yulai stopped being the trade center, and other systems like Jita, Pator, Oursulaert, Amarr and others have gotten the load Yulai had. Result is, instead of heavin just one system that is the trade center, where they could assign several server to, they now have ppl distributed on systems that didnt use to have over 100 players. Its a matter of time till its fixed, CCP is a great tem and they will get it right sooner or later.

Cheers