Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Which mmo formula is preferred by you?

2»

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Voted Themepark with some sandbox features but just as easily could of gone Sandbox with some themepark features.

Even though my definition of sandbox is more pure and correct then most anyone's here I will say that a game that focuses on either FFA PvP (DF:UW) or Full Craftable World (Xyson. Wurm or Minecraft) are not my cup of tea.  I would much rather have a themepark world like WoW or GW2 but have near total freedom inside that world then any other type of game.  An MMO to me is about adventures, character progressions and exloration so in a sense I could care less what type of game it is as long as it contained those 3 core elements.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Half and half for me. I want freedom to explore but I like having some structure too. I actually do enjoy the feeling of progression and accomplishment that comes with some themepark items. But I also don't want to be restricted too much in how I play.
  • TjedTjed Member Posts: 162

Tough to decide because of the many different definitions of these terms.

I prefer a huge open world to explore with many different areas for each level spread (sandbox I guess)

I prefer a very in depth crafting system (sandbox)

I prefer classes and not skill based (themepark)

I prefer group oriented leveling (I don't know)

I like some instances for high end raids, but big open non-linear dungeons.  (I don't know)

I'm voting 50/50