Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Players' Choice Awards

Comments

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    After playing both TSW and GW2 I can only say that for me TSW wins in every department and much more.
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Also suprised to see no Age of Wushu in any category, I doubt it would win but it should at least have had an option available.
  • xankriegorxankriegor Member UncommonPosts: 49

And just because you don't think it's innovative doesn't mean it isn't. :)

• ZharazaZharaza Member Posts: 1
    The most irritated - War Z
  • AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Game of the year - Planetside 2...pure fun

Innovative - should be planetside 2, the pure scale and the fact i get 60fps with 400 ppl on my screen running high graphics.

Most anticipated - Star Citizen, how can it not be?!?

Uhh... what?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
         How can TSW even be considered for GotY?? It didnt even make half the sales expectations of its own company and pretty much put the nail in the coffin for Funcom.
  • feesrcfeesrc Member Posts: 2

The Secret World most EPIC mmorpg ever.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

you guys may not like Pirate101.. but its combat style is innovative in that i dont think its been done before in a mmo.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

Well, in this list...definitely TSW for GOTY and Innovative. There is no game like that out there.

Most anticipated is Star Citizen for me.

Hodor!

• GkarukGkaruk Member Posts: 1
    Cant VOTE, clicking button after login does nothing in either Chrome or Firefox browsers - why?

Originally posted by Gkaruk
    Cant VOTE, clicking button after login does nothing in either Chrome or Firefox browsers - why?
    maybe they have some sort of ip logging system to stop throw away account votes.. you did just create that account today with no other posts or activity.

—Lao-Tze

Originally posted by Piiritus

Originally posted by Kenze why are the mods allowing this thread to turn in to one big TSW ad.. if people were doing the same for GW2 or any other game for that matter the post would be deleted. We already had the big TSW backdrop ad..is preferential treatment part of the advertising package now?TSW ad? All I see is GW2 fanbois bashing TSW and trying to convince everybody that this is a bad game. If you call this ad then just stop bashing the game, cast your votes and return to normal discussion about MMOs we had, have and will have.
    i call this an ad..
    Originally posted by Thorgrimm
    Would GW2 be as popular, if it had a $15 a month subscription? Everyone would call it a WoW clone if it did. Mind you... I do like GW2. I own it, but, given the choice, I want to develop my avatar in TSW more than I care to in GW2.

How much would the population of TSW grow (explode) if it went F2P?

The population of TSW continues to grow after five months, even with a monthly fee... The active playbase does not want F2P, and our TSW Community actually communicates and helps each other, regardless of guilds or factions. TSW continues to grow with minimal marketing and advertising; if we had the budget for advertising that ArenaNet has to spend on TV Commercials, TSW would have even more subscribers.

TSW is set in a modern world where you can wear any outfit you so desire, making you feel unique and allow you to express yourself as you would desire in the real world. You can change clothes on a whim, and based upon the weather. Weather will affect your avatar in some zones depending upon what you are wearing. We are not in the "rat race" for the latest uber armor, so that everyone has the max stats and looks the same.

TSW has PvP (needs more), but the game was built around the story and PvE requiring players to think for the more challenging investigative missions. Other games rely on PvP for endgame; PvP is "only" icing for endgame in TSW. More PvP content is incoming from our dedicated PvP dev team.

The storyline is AWESOME in TSW, and has a lot of room to grow from mythology, conspiracy theories, and urban legends... The storyline is IMMERSIVE, as the devs involved have a HISTORY of great stories across multiple games.

Oh, nobody else mentioned that in TSW "NEW CONTENT IS RELEASED EVERY MONTH" for FREE. How much did each expansion cost in in GW1 and WoW and Rift and <insert game here>?

We have DX11, great graphics, effects, and shadowing, and outstanding music and sound effects. No arguments there...

We have a dedicated theater (Albion) for roleplayers and more social content coming soon.

If you like X-Files, TSW is for you.

If you like Supernatural, TSW is for you.

If you like Stephen King, TSW is for you.

If you like H.P. Lovecraft, TSW is for you.

If you like The DiVinci Code/Angels & Demons, TSW is for you.

If you like The Walking Dead, TSW is for you.

If you like the Blade series, TSW is for you.

If you like Underworld, TSW is for you.

If you like James Bond, TSW is for you.

If you like the Expendables, TSW is for you.

If you like Indiana Jones, TSW is for you.

If you like Navy SEALS, TSW is for you.

If you like Men in Black, TSW is for you.

If you like Le Femme Nikita, TSW is for you.

If you like Fringe, TSW is for you.

If you like Doctor Who, TSW is for you.

If you want to kick a$$ like Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Yun-Fat Chow, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Vin Diesel, David Caradine, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Steve Austin, Dwayne Johnson, or Randy Couture, TSW is for you.

If you want to kick a$$ like Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Michelle Yeoh, Ziyi Zhang, Jessica Alba, Summer Glau, Jennifer Garner, Lucy Liu, Angelina Jolie, Uma Therman, Kate Beckinsale, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Milla Jovovich, Keira Knightley, Katee Sackhoff, Ali Larter, Lucy Lawless, Devon Aoki, or Rhona Mitra, TSW is for you.

..and maybe you guys should stop trying to convince everyone that TSW reinvented the wheel and cured cancer. cast your vote but stop preaching

—Lao-Tze

• feesrcfeesrc Member Posts: 2

Everyone has a freedom of speech and choice of game. I think he has a great post about his thoughts about TSW.

Just stop your whining and give TSW a one month try. You will see that it will pull you into a world of only mouth dropping experiences. Every world, dungeon will have you dropping your mouth on the ground drooling with the sound "Waow! This is some insane stuff."

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Would GW2 be as popular, if it had a $15 a month subscription? Everyone would call it a WoW clone if it did.  Mind you... I do like GW2.  I own it, but, given the choice, I want to develop my avatar in TSW more than I care to in GW2.

How much would the population of TSW grow (explode) if it went F2P?

The population of TSW continues to grow after five months, even with a monthly fee...  The active playbase does not want F2P, and our TSW Community actually communicates and helps each other, regardless of guilds or factions.  TSW continues to grow with minimal marketing and advertising; if we had the budget for advertising that ArenaNet has to spend on TV Commercials, TSW would have even more subscribers.

TSW is set in a modern world where you can wear any outfit you so desire, making you feel unique and allow you to express yourself as you would desire in the real world.  You can change clothes on a whim, and based upon the weather.  Weather will affect your avatar in some zones depending upon what you are wearing.  We are not in the "rat race" for the latest uber armor, so that everyone has the max stats and looks the same.

TSW has PvP (needs more), but the game was built around the story and PvE requiring players to think for the more challenging investigative missions.  Other games rely on PvP for endgame; PvP is "only" icing for endgame in TSW.  More PvP content is incoming from our dedicated PvP dev team.

The storyline is AWESOME in TSW, and has a lot of room to grow from mythology, conspiracy theories, and urban legends... The storyline is IMMERSIVE, as the devs involved have a HISTORY of great stories across multiple games.

Oh, nobody else mentioned that in TSW "NEW CONTENT IS RELEASED EVERY MONTH" for FREE.  How much did each expansion cost in in GW1 and WoW and Rift and ?

We have DX11, great graphics, effects, and shadowing, and outstanding music and sound effects.  No arguments there...

We have a dedicated theater (Albion) for roleplayers and more social content coming soon.

If you want to kick a$$ like Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Yun-Fat Chow, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Vin Diesel, David Caradine, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Steve Austin, Dwayne Johnson, or Randy Couture, TSW is for you.

If you want to kick a$$ like Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Michelle Yeoh, Ziyi Zhang, Jessica Alba, Summer Glau, Jennifer Garner, Lucy Liu, Angelina Jolie, Uma Therman, Kate Beckinsale, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Milla Jovovich, Keira Knightley, Katee Sackhoff, Ali Larter, Lucy Lawless, Devon Aoki, or Rhona Mitra, TSW is for you.

I played TSW for 2 months, liked it but the endgame is nothing but a WoW Vertical Progression clone.  Leveling up was very fun and the questing although somewhat WoW clone like is innovative enough to stay fresh.  I still didn't vote for it because it doesnt do enough different whereas GW2 does almost everything different from the norm.  This is why it got my most innovative vote.  As for game of the year, GW2 no doubt because it also does every thing different and still does it wih huge production quality.  From the art direction, to the character animations to the combat, its top notch and is done superbly well.  TSW's combat is arguably its weakest link and since minimum of 51% of an average gamer is spent doing combat you have to go with the one that does it better.  Hence the no brainer.  Not to take anything away from TSW, its a good game but not better then GW2!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253

WUT ??? No EVE Online in the GOTY category ? I was forced to vote for Rift.

mmorpg.com afraid EVE would win again because of the loyal fanbase ?

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I like Eve online for GOTY
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

A bit suprised at Pirate 101 in the running for GOTY, even slighty ahead of TSW.  Are the anti GW2 brigade out to kill it for Anet? lol

I didnt vote for GW2 I went for something obscure that I never played, I think that Anet let itself down with all their false promises that they said it was going to be and other issues that I don't want to drag up in this thread.  But I don't see 2012 as a great year for games all round tbh.  Even games outside of the MMO genre has been very lack lustre imo. 

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

Also suprised to see no Age of Wushu in any category, I doubt it would win but it should at least have had an option available.

Mmorpg.com don't want to promote it for some reason, they have given it a little mention but that's about it. If GW2 had the some of the features that Age Of Wushu has mmorpg.com wouldn't stop talking about them. Many people on this site don't even know what it, you have to go to sites like massively.com to get proper reviews of the beta and game.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Kenze

..and maybe you guys should stop trying to convince everyone that TSW reinvented the wheel and cured cancer. cast your vote but stop preaching

No one is preaching here although I see quite many known GW2 fanbois spitting poison ... yet again sadly. Sorry but I just cannot understand why that prticular MMO makes people so angry towards different opinions and likes.

No one is preaching here although I see quite many known GW2 fanbois spitting poison ... yet again sadly. Sorry but I just cannot understand why that prticular MMO makes people so angry towards different opinions and likes.

I think some fans want their game to sweep all awards, fortunately it's not going to happen.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by DancingQueen
    To be innovative you have to be the first with a new thing and not years late with something old.

But that's wrong.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981

As always these lists have a question mark over them:

Why is PS2 being entered in this years game of the year when it only just came out? Why is a WoW expansion in a list for game of the year?

What is the difference between a “rising star” and most anticitpated, both sets of MMO’s are not out?

Originally posted by eyelolled

by the third post a TSW fan was "groaning" at GW2 being ahead, and generally showing disappointment that the players get to choose. By post 14 there was a brand new account slamming GW2 and praising TSW

If you're going to go on about how terrible a fanbase is, take a look at your own first.  By far, the worst community I've ever seen for having people that attack other games constantly.

See? That's what I'm talking about. Now you are attacking me because I pointed out a problem related to a certain community. I've seen certain GW2 fanbois camping TSW threads every single day bashing the game whenever possible and impossible. Haven't seen any Rift, WoW, Lotro etc etc fans doing it. See?

I agree, I mean just from this thread it's clear as day. Because GW2 is not sweeping all aside some people are getting the angry. TSW beats GW2 in everything than perhaps graphics but thats boarder line as well.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Would GW2 be as popular, if it had a $15 a month subscription? Everyone would call it a WoW clone if it did.  Mind you... I do like GW2.  I own it, but, given the choice, I want to develop my avatar in TSW more than I care to in GW2.

How much would the population of TSW grow (explode) if it went F2P?

The population of TSW continues to grow after five months, even with a monthly fee...  The active playbase does not want F2P, and our TSW Community actually communicates and helps each other, regardless of guilds or factions.  TSW continues to grow with minimal marketing and advertising; if we had the budget for advertising that ArenaNet has to spend on TV Commercials, TSW would have even more subscribers.

TSW is set in a modern world where you can wear any outfit you so desire, making you feel unique and allow you to express yourself as you would desire in the real world.  You can change clothes on a whim, and based upon the weather.  Weather will affect your avatar in some zones depending upon what you are wearing.  We are not in the "rat race" for the latest uber armor, so that everyone has the max stats and looks the same.

TSW has PvP (needs more), but the game was built around the story and PvE requiring players to think for the more challenging investigative missions.  Other games rely on PvP for endgame; PvP is "only" icing for endgame in TSW.  More PvP content is incoming from our dedicated PvP dev team.

Oh, nobody else mentioned that in TSW "NEW CONTENT IS RELEASED EVERY MONTH" for FREE.  How much did each expansion cost in in GW1 and WoW and Rift and <insert game here>?

We have DX11, great graphics, effects, and shadowing, and outstanding music and sound effects.  No arguments there...

If you want to kick a$$ like Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Yun-Fat Chow, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Vin Diesel, David Caradine, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Steve Austin, Dwayne Johnson, or Randy Couture, TSW is for you.

If you want to kick a$$ like Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Michelle Yeoh, Ziyi Zhang, Jessica Alba, Summer Glau, Jennifer Garner, Lucy Liu, Angelina Jolie, Uma Therman, Kate Beckinsale, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Milla Jovovich, Keira Knightley, Katee Sackhoff, Ali Larter, Lucy Lawless, Devon Aoki, or Rhona Mitra, TSW is for you.

I didn't thought I will read so much missinformation in one post, but you showed me that it is indeed possible.

- content updates are not free because you pay a monthly fee

- the combat system is bad for the most part and has nothing to do with all the actors/actresses work you used to hype the game you like.

- GW1 had only ONE expansion which was eye of the north.

Other content updates were indeed free since the game had no monthly fee and the 2 extra chapters were stand alone games you could play without the need of the first chapter.

• KiraRebornKiraReborn Member Posts: 10
    i so didnt expect the anticipation votes polls to be what they are lots of games rising that i didnt know were so huge. Also i new star up there i didnt expect was Pirate101 its growing fast i've played it but didnt expect it to be so big already.