Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
Will there be avatar game play or is it all about ships?

Comments

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    FPS style ship boarding , also you will run around on stations and docking platforms with your avatar

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

Don't forget walking around your ship in-flight, going from helm to guns to cargo, to possibly armory, and also walking on the outer hull of ships with magnetic boots.

Maybe you can get a spec opcs group on the outside of a cargo carrier, and jack it in flight :)

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

And sitting in a bar at the starport (maybe even in a carrier!), chatting with friends and thinking about the next stuff to do when you launch back to space. And getting out of your ship for a spacewalk to investigate those derelict alien ruins.

Cryengine is FPS by nature. In the last video interview Roberts said the out of ship experience will be also fully fledged, as the engine lends to it naturally.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Im tittering like a little girl now.....

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by apocoluster

I try not to, but it's pretty hard not to get excited about Star Citizen.

Hell, if it turns out to be even half what Chris is talking about, it'll still be a game of the decade for sure.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by apocoluster

oh yeah me too.

Getting a man crush on Chris Roberts for making this game.. lol

Damn the waiting time. At least I´ll get into alpha in 12 months thanks to my early pledge :D

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

While there will definitely be avatar gameplay the extent of it is yet to be seen. We know there will be boarding actions and walking on planets/stations/ships but know very little about the actual combat mechanics and how big a role they will play in the actual game. Star Citizen is first and foremost a space combat sim so I would expect that it will be but a minor part of gameplay at launch. Hopefully they will expand on it greatly after launch however as it does make this game rather unique among it's rivals.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543
    Originally posted by 13lake

Don't forget walking around your ship in-flight, going from helm to guns to cargo, to possibly armory, and also walking on the outer hull of ships with magnetic boots.

Maybe you can get a spec opcs group on the outside of a cargo carrier, and jack it in flight :)

This sounds incredibly cool, and I hope they have robust avatar support and expand on that part of the game.

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

100.000 polygons on Star Citizen's characters....in consoles somewhat just 10.000 polygons only. So not only we will get to move around our avatars in ships, stations, planets, we will have the best fidelity there is.

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    So all this talk about walking around your ship while its in space, manning the helm, going to the tactical station and fighting boarding actions.    Sounds like another game that I play that is in limbo development wise... StarQuest Online.

So much crap, so little quality.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Sounds good.    :)
  • ADM-NtekADM-Ntek Member Posts: 1
    Star Citizen is based on the CryEngine 3 at its core this game is an FPS the ships you fly are not diferent from cars you drive in Crysis. this goes so far that Chris Roberts said that you could place any of the fighters in an Cryengine game and fly around with it.