Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last faction standing

zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
  Where is the point if we can't conquer  warp gate? I like this game so much and i would like to see last faction standing option. I think that could be a great fun.  How i can see from chat most of the players want that

Comments

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

Then how would a faction get back to a continent where they lost their Warpgate?

You aren't allowed to capture a Warpgate because it would favor the zerg. Whichever faction had the largest population on at the time could just steamroll over everyone. Warpgates being un-cappable allow the option of factions coming back in after they've had their faces bashed in and work at taking the continent back. It adds a defensive aspect to the game for those that capped the continent as well.

I don't have any problem with Warpgates being un-cappable and I've never heard anyone else whine about it. Could just be the server you are on.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    the idea is cool, but in practice it would be hard to implement. how do the other factions get back into the continet after you have captured everything? what happend if 1 faction captures all 3 continents?will the other factions just not be able to log on? ...that would be annoying as hell.
  • SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

Being able to attack a main base would be epic.  Especially if it was much harder to bring down the shields on one of them, than on others.

And as far as that faction not being able to get back to that planet, they could just have a lockout for a temporary period and then they can all just start being drop podded down on any given area.  I don't think it would be too hard.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by zomard100
      Where is the point if we can't conquer  warp gate? I like this game so much and i would like to see last faction standing option. I think that could be a great fun.  How i can see from chat most of the players want that

What a great idea, im amazed no-one ever thought of that...oh...wait...that was a feature of Planetside (1) thrown out for the dumbed-down remake to make it more palletable to the COD-crowd.

Continent locks were the goal in PS1, once locked they stayed locked until someone managed to get a link going from an adjoining continent to unlock it. Each faction had three "home" continents which were linked to their sanctuary warp gates but had to conquer from there-on to progress the territory domination....oh, wait, all thrown out for PS2 as well along with every shred of strategic play PS was noted for.

This is what you get in a 3 continent game when the original had loads of them.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Originally posted by seniorfrito

Being able to attack a main base would be epic.  Especially if it was much harder to bring down the shields on one of them, than on others.

And as far as that faction not being able to get back to that planet, they could just have a lockout for a temporary period and then they can all just start being drop podded down on any given area.  I don't think it would be too hard.

as i said in theory it sounds good but in practice it would not work.

emainge this i am a casual player and i am feeling like some PS2 action. so i log on, and Indar is yours fully locked (so no enemies to kill), Esamir is locked by the second faction, and Amerish is locked by the 3rd faction....nothing to do. lame... 

you come back after the 4 hour lock to try get into some action. you jump into Esamir but the 2nd faction is ready and waiting(after all they have been doing nothing for 4 hours as well) for you with such an overwhelming force that they push you back and re-lock their server in 1 hour of fighting......the 3rd faction tried to take over Indar but they were pushed back just as fast while you were trying to take Esamir.....so you are back in Indar with nothing to do....4 hours to wait....lame...

you log on after 4 more hours but this time you are under attack by the 2nd and 3rd faction, that have decided to both jump into Indar,....in 2 hours they push you completely out of Indar as between them they have twice as many people as you.....so you just lost the only continet you had......4 more hours of lock out before you can try retaliate.....LAME......

you see where i'm going with this? not fun.